Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
teco commodore classic at perry central
anybody know what radio station or where a person can listen to the teco coal tournament at perry central
Any info on the match ups? KHSAA website only has three teams listed in it. I would imagine 97.3 in Jackson may cover some that Breathitt is involved in.
Greenwich Connecticut and East Latofa I think is how you spell it is also in this tournament. Perry vs East Latofa
Breathitt vs Harlan County

The Greenwich Connecticut team playes Friday and Saturday

Their is a Slam Dunk and 3 point shooting contest at 4:30 Saturday and 2 games after that.
Anyone have any information on East Latofa? How good are they and where is this school located. A reply would be appreciated. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
I believe they play Lakota East out of Liberty Township, OH.

From their webpage:The Hawks record goes to 4-1 on the season and will visit District rival Lakota West on Friday. Upcoming games over break include: –Satuday, Dec. 21st at home vs. Winton Woods –Dec. 26-Dec. 28th Commodore Holiday Tournament at Perry Central HS in Hazard, Kentucky.
I believe they are 4-2 thus far this year. They average 61.5 points a game. They give up 49.5 points a game.
Lakota East and Greenwich are both big schools - one had over 2,500 students and the other almost 2,7000.
May be some good games to watch.
TECO Commodore Classic
at Perry Central
Thursday
6:00 — Breathitt County vs Harlan County
8:00 — Perry Central vs Lakota East, Ohio

Friday
5:00 — Greenwich, Conn., vs Perry Central
6:45 — Lakota East, Ohio, vs Breathitt County
8:30 — Greenwich, Conn., vs Harlan County

Saturday
6:00 — Lakota East, Ohio, vs Harlan County
8:00 — Greenwich, Conn., vs Breathitt County
Are the teams from Ohio and Connecticut good?
Great field of teams
IMO, this is a pretty weak pool of teams. PCC has looked flat, one the weakest Mike Jones teams ever, Breathitt is Breathitt and the two visiting teams are mediocre at best. Not to mention the officials are just as weak. Besides all of that, fans aren't showing up.
Does anyone know what happened Friday night I never seen any of the results?
Not hearing much from the PCC fans. Usually they on here tooting their horn about how they played great or if they lose they always making excuses about something.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Not hearing much from the PCC fans. Usually they on here tooting their horn about how they played great or if they lose they always making excuses about something.

Their was a mix-up on the scheduling. One team failed to show-up. Where Perry had guaranteed these out of state teams 3 games Perry had to let the other teams play or either re-imburse them. Not a popular move in the palace. Host an event and the home team only got to play one game. Saw several disgruntled fans leave Friday when they found out Perry was not playing. The truth will stand when all else falls. Brother Cecil.
we will toot our horn in March...After we win the regional tournament. These tournament mean nothing right now its March that matters not these tournament in DEC or JAN..
ballboy Wrote:we will toot our horn in March...After we win the regional tournament. These tournament mean nothing right now its March that matters not these tournament in DEC or JAN..
I realize these tournaments dont mean anything but all I have heard on here for past 6 months is how great PCC and Cordia are going to be. Each of them was served some humble pie and now the PCC and Cordia fans arent saying much. PCC could very well win the region. They have great talent and experience. 14th region tournament is going to be great this year.
^not sure who said PCC was gonna b great this year. KCC is champion and basically have everybody back and Cordia has more new faces than anyone in the state. PCC is gonna compete w/ everyone in this region and on a good night beat most every team n this region. Time will tell how good PCC will b when they are full strength.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Their was a mix-up on the scheduling. One team failed to show-up. Where Perry had guaranteed these out of state teams 3 games Perry had to let the other teams play or either re-imburse them. Not a popular move in the palace. Host an event and the home team only got to play one game. Saw several disgruntled fans leave Friday when they found out Perry was not playing. The truth will stand when all else falls. Brother Cecil.

Who didn't show up, and was this something they knew was going to happen before the first game.
Perry is an awful team.

They will probably lose every game this year.

I'd say Knott Central wins every game.
The 14th has a lot of quality teams this year, there is at least 4 teams with a good chance to win the regional tournament.
Breathitt or Buckhorn won't b easy outs either by time tourney comes. 5/6 teams can beat anyone on a given night.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry is an awful team.

They will probably lose every game this year.

I'd say Knott Central wins every game.
Well the Pats are off to a good start of doing just that. Cordia and PCC fans have talked for months about how they have brought this kid in and this kid and when we will be great when so and so gets eligible and now PCC goes plays good competition and gets smacked around and Cordia gets man handled at the "Lions Den" by Knott and now everyone wants to say they didnt say anything about PCC and Cordia being great this year.
And no I dont think Knott will go undefeated this year.
Hindmanite alert!!!!! Don't worry that 600k y'all spending on Justice won't payoff this year in March!!!!
bmf_41722 Wrote:Hindmanite alert!!!!! Don't worry that 600k y'all spending on Justice won't payoff this year in March!!!!
Its worked pretty good for 2 yrs. PCC investment in Spurlock and Johnson is the deal that hasnt paid off yet.
The patriots are looking really good this year, so until all is said and done in March knott looks to be a pretty good bet.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Well the Pats are off to a good start of doing just that. Cordia and PCC fans have talked for months about how they have brought this kid in and this kid and when we will be great when so and so gets eligible and now PCC goes plays good competition and gets smacked around and Cordia gets man handled at the "Lions Den" by Knott and now everyone wants to say they didnt say anything about PCC and Cordia being great this year.
And no I dont think Knott will go undefeated this year.

If you play a good schedule you will get smacked around sometimes. Look what happened to KCC tonight. For some reason ppl on here think KCC is just 20/30 pts better than every team n the region and that just isn't the case. Don't b surprised if KCC don't drop a game to HHS, Cordia or PCC this year because they could easily lose those 3 games. I'm not saying they will but they can. None of the top 4 tops are that much better than each other.
For every one person that claims Perry is hands down the best team around there are 5 blue people from Knott County saying the same stuff about the Pats.

Knott was lucky to escape Memorial with a W the other day and next week they will have their hands FULL at the mountain classic.

The four best teams in the 14th will be in Hindman. I wouldn't put money on either team right now. You all can go on about who plays for who, who is bragging about transfers, who is getting paid what...

But none of that matters when Justice spots up for 3 or Braxton is throwing a lob to Johnson.

Getting buckets and getting stops is the only thing that matters at this point.
^yessir you are correct. Put them on the floor and let them decide who is best.
We stayed to watch half the game that PCC played during the tournament. I was impressed; they are a great team to watch.

Zaga.....WHO decided to put the UK/UL game on the speakers instead of music??? Kudos to them!!!