Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell 74 Lee County 70
Anyone have a final?
I believe it was 70 74, Powell.
WOW....Why so close?
Because Powell from what I heard was coming down jacking up shots in the last 3 minutes with a lead and kept missing, and then tried to press Lee and Lee shot a couple layups. Powell pressed with aggresive man to man defense the whole game and got in to foul trouble while Lee sat back in a sagging man or zone all night. Lee drove to the basket a lot more so drew more fouls and got a lot more free throws. At the end of the game Lee started fouling and Powell could not make a free throw. So Lee kept scoring and fouling and creeping closer and closer. Lee hit a layup with 7 seconds to go to cut it to 2 pts and then called a timeout, but didn't have any left, so got a technical. Powell hit both free throws and ended the game. All the district games are always close in the 56th no matter what kind of teams they have.
Lee played very well. Probably the best game they have played all season. The technical hurt but Lee had it with in one point within the last few seconds after Tipton hit a 3. Bobcats are continuing to get better. The 56th might be more open then we thought by district time.
How is the new coach working out?
The technical at the end of the game was the only chance Lee had at the end. All Powell County had to do was step out of bounds and wait until the officals made them inbound the ball and the clock would have run out. Lee had to stop the clock. Lee looked better in the Powell game.. Lee also needs a point guard or the current one needs to play under control. They have a several good shooters but they have to get the ball too score.
Yea... how's he working out? lol
Not going to bash the new coach. I personally do not know him very well but I think he's trying very hard to make things work. Lee has had a lot of seniors leave in the last 2 years and there is a lot of inexperience there. But that being said Lee still has talent. The group that starts for them has played a lot of basketball through JV in previous years. They will continue to get better as they adjust to the varsity game. I think by the end of the year Lee will be able to go after a district title. I think the talent is there to do so and this team will only get better as long as they go through the process together. Good luck Bobcats. keep fighting.
thanks mountain man.Lee always plays hard.