Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan 58 Pineville 52
I'm sure he had an address change. Are you saying he had to change schools because he moved? Or, are you saying he changed his address so he could change schools? Now, I'm not saying anything bad about the kid. Many kids across our state choose to change schools. I'm for that. I think a kid and their parents should be able to go to any school they choose. After all, we taxpayers are paying for it. But, staying on point, I was just pointing out his drop in numbers since suiting up for Harlan Ind.
I don't understand that either, Professor...the drop in numbers, I mean.
IMO, the reason for the decline in numbers is simple. His supporting cast at Harlan Ind. just isn't as good. Taking nothing away from Harlan (again, I think they do have good young talent), HC was able to surround Miller with very good players. Last season, it was Sergent, Brewer, and Co. This year's team is proving to everyone that they are very talented as well. Back to his situation at Harlan Ind. Again, they have good young talent on that team. But, like I said, it will take a while for it to develop. Maybe beyond Miller's tenure. I expect Busroe to get better and at some point be one of the better guards in the district. But to be profecient it may take a couple of seasons.
Maybe, but it's still difficult to believe that it's the talent level keeping the ball out of Miller's hands. They may be young, but every one of those guards have played basketball since they could walk.
I never said they are keeping it out of his hands. Busroe is as unselfish a player as you will find. Parks and Hogue are also willing passers. What im saying is that their lack of experience versus HC is the difference. Now many will tell you that HC has no one with real varsity experience, but this team went two years without a JV loss. They won the AAU State Championship as sophomores. Miller was part of that. It's hard to replace the chemistry and the bond a team like that develops.
You've misunderstood. I don't think they are deliberately keeping it out of his hands; however, those kids have also played the AAU and summer leagues games. I mean, how difficult is it to pass? I don't mean to sound stupid, but for them to have all played as long as they have played, I don't know how they couldn't get the ball inside.

I'm probably wrong, JMO.
Like I said, chemistry is important. Maybe they lack chemistry. It takes time to develop that. The Juniors at HC played together a lot. Think about it. With summer games they have probably played close to 200 games together (with Miller). He has played maybe 25 or 30 with Harlan Ind.? It makes a difference. Compound that with a backcourt that has two freshmen and a sophomore. It's a lot to overcome, to say the least.
Harlan's win over North Laurel is looking better and better as the Jags have really came on as of late. They took Clay County and Perry County Central - the tops teams in the 13th and 14th regions, respectively - to the wire and had a chance to win those games. They were also just in a game versus Rockcastle, where they were up 20-0 to start the game.

In our 13th Region Power Rankings, we have Harlan currently at 12th and North Laurel 8th. Both teams are probably ranked too low.
Granny Bear Wrote:Maybe, but it's still difficult to believe that it's the talent level keeping the ball out of Miller's hands. They may be young, but every one of those guards have played basketball since they could walk.
The only person that is keeping the ball from Miller is Miller by staying constantly in foul trouble and not working hard enough to get the ball when he is on the floor. Regarding when he does get the ball he is not being productive, he doesn't draw near enough fouls like someone with his size and ability should and he isn't shooting a real good % from the field or the line when he is fouled. Bottom line, he is not playing very smart or very well and Harlan is still playing very competitively thanks to the play of Aaron Simpson and the rest of the young cast of kids there at Harlan. I hope Miller gets to work on the fundamentals of working hard for the ball inside and develops in the weeks to come and gives these guys at least a shot at the All A regional....I posted a few weeks ago that if Miller plays like a man inside Harlan would be a pretty good team, he is not doing that yet but it is still early and the kids around him are developing nicely!