Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 63 Jellico, TN 57
Final from Jellico
Kevin Goins continues to be the hot hand for the Redhounds! He has to be averaging close to 26 points a game.

Per Times-Tribune

Corbin 19 12 17 15 – 63
Jellico, Tenn. 11 19 15 12 – 57

Corbin (63) – Goins 28, Rice 7, Waddle 7, Browning 7, A Taylor 4, Shelton 3, Henson 2, Hopkins 2, Maguet 2

Jellico (57) – Hunley 21, Hale 11, Bowlin 10, Cross 6, Creekmore 6, Marlow 2, Hyslope, 1. -
How do you think they will fare against Trinity on Friday night?
Goins is on a roll. He is averaging just over 26 points per game this year and he doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

I think he'll be moving on up in our 13th Region Player Rankings in week two.
citykat Wrote:How do you think they will fare against Trinity on Friday night?

Not good! They will play the best they can but will just be outmatched at all positions I feel like.
I argued when some people in the summer said Corbin wasn't a top 10 team, but beating Jellico by only six isn't that impressive. I think Corbin is very well coached and capable of playing with anyone in the region, but they can also be pretty average at this point of the season.
HDE Wrote:I argued when some people in the summer said Corbin wasn't a top 10 team, but beating Jellico by only six isn't that impressive. I think Corbin is very well coached and capable of playing with anyone in the region, but they can also be pretty average at this point of the season.

Barbourville beat Jellico 85-43

I kind of expected Corbin to win by 20+ in this one
I thought Corbin would win big too, but it is difficult for KY teams to play in TN, no matter where it is. Games are called more closely, and Ky teams sometimes have a problem with foul trouble and adjustments.
This is not the strongest the 13th Region has ever been. There is not a big difference in talent, once you get past Clay, Knox, and Jackson. Then, I think coaching comes into play. There are some teams who should be near the top of the rankings, but will never be because of coaching. There are others who should be near the bottom, but will never be because of coaching.

That is why I put Corbin and Harlan Co in the top five. Neither team is loaded with talent, but they have the best two coaches in the region. It's also the reason Barbourville is on the rise. They shouldn't be, but Dinky is a heck of a coach.
TriCountySports Wrote:This is not the strongest the 13th Region has ever been. There is not a big difference in talent, once you get past Clay, Knox, and Jackson. Then, I think coaching comes into play. There are some teams who should be near the top of the rankings, but will never be because of coaching. There are others who should be near the bottom, but will never be because of coaching.

That is why I put Corbin and Harlan Co in the top five. Neither team is loaded with talent, but they have the best two coaches in the region. It's also the reason Barbourville is on the rise. They shouldn't be, but Dinky is a heck of a coach.

Barbourville had NO seniors last year so they return their entire team with 7 seniors so they should be a very good team!
Barbourville has a big senior class this year, but they did lose their best player, Mills, and another starter.
I know Barbourville has a lot of seniors, but they aren't the same without Mills, either. When I talked to Dinky last time, he said they were still searching for someone to step up in the absence of the players they lost.

I think Middlesboro is more talented than Barbourville, but the Tigers won by 17.
Going to TN to play is an entirely different ball game.

I remember watching a game at Campbell County a few years ago when Whitley went down there and the ref threw two Whitley fans out of the game, and by that I mean made them leave the gym for heckling. FANS! Even threw 2 CC FANS out.
They also gave or threatened a Whitley player a T for wearing something on his wrist.

That was over 10 years ago though. I had a little cousin playing that year. Never went back to another TN game.

Stupidest crap ive ever seen.