• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2014
I have been waiting for someone to start this thread but I guess I will do it again. The Tigers lose a bunch to graduation and most of those were key personnel on the line and skill areas. It will be interesting to see how many of the incoming freshmen will be starting in an effort to fill the gaps left behind. My belief is Chirico has his work cut out for 2014.
Paintsville will have some ups and downs this year. One thing is for certain though. Chiroco has the Tiger faithful believibg again. They return some good tallent. Phelps abd Kash will be back, as will the QB, whos name i cant recall. They wont be as good as 2013 but will use 2014 as a great building year for 15/16. Best of luck to Paintsville next season.
Can they get by Raceland and Fairview? Both should be down from last year.
Imo, Fairview will be down a little more than Raceland. I think Raceland will still win the district, but would i no way be suprised to see a three way tie for the district between the three. But Paintsville does loose alot off the line, as did Fairview and Raceland. But imo, Raceland will fill those gaps with better quality players than the other two teams. As it stands rt now i feel Raceland has to be the favorite to win the district, with Paintsville at number 2 and Fairview a close 3rd simply bc no one really knows whats going o in Westwood these days. Tbh, it will probably be a long time before any Fairview, IRONCLAD in writing, information comes out on the Eagles.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Paintsville will have some ups and downs this year. One thing is for certain though. Chiroco has the Tiger faithful believibg again. They return some good tallent. Phelps abd Kash will be back, as will the QB, whos name i cant recall. They wont be as good as 2013 but will use 2014 as a great building year for 15/16. Best of luck to Paintsville next season.

The QB graduated Scotty Bronson but you do bring an interesting topic within the post. Who will be taking the snaps for the Tigers in 2014 and who will be replacing the lost lineman ?
Heard at the BB game tonight that Paintsville dropped Pineville. Is this true? Anyone know why. Was looking forward to seeing them down here next year. We do not play that night. Thought they had really turned things around this year, just wanted to see them.
TigerBlues Wrote:The QB graduated Scotty Bronson but you do bring an interesting topic within the post. Who will be taking the snaps for the Tigers in 2014 and who will be replacing the lost lineman ?

I expected to hear the name Kash Daniels(thats who i was refering to, when i said the qb will return). Wont he just be a junior? I expected him to get back behind center. As for the lineman, I know the soph/jr class had some size. We faced them when my nephew was a 7th/8th grader. Had some good size and speed with that size.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Heard at the BB game tonight that Paintsville dropped Pineville. Is this true? Anyone know why. Was looking forward to seeing them down here next year. We do not play that night. Thought they had really turned things around this year, just wanted to see them.

Pride I will check at school Monday about this. It would be a shame if it's not contracted with two evenly matched teams with great tradition. Thanks for the heads up.
Good luck to Chirico and the Tigers in 2014.

Huge improvement in just Chirico's first year. I expect them to continue in that direction.
Great job, and they did drop Pineville.
WhyLie Wrote:Great job, and they did drop Pineville.

You are correct WL, and sad at the same time.
TigerBlues Wrote:You are correct WL, and sad at the same time.

It IS an awfully long trip for a regular season game. The series served its purpose in getting both squads back on their collective feet. Now that each has reset, there are good competitive games to be had closer.

:popcorn:
oneijoe Wrote:It IS an awfully long trip for a regular season game. The series served its purpose in getting both squads back on their collective feet. Now that each has reset, there are good competitive games to be had closer.

:popcorn:

I hope you're right OneEye, but losing Pineville doesn't help the cause in strength of schedule. The Wollum kid at QB is going to be a dandy and I will miss watching these two teams play even if it's a two hour drive. Maybe picking up a Lex Christian in their place may give us more cred but I still think it's a bad move. Great fans and passion in Pineville, hate to see it lost among these two teams.
The only bad thing is Pineville made the trip and it is Paintsville turn to come here. The game was cancelled in the middle of the contract. Not good.

I hope both teams can get a replacement they want, or need.

Did Paintsville pick up Lex. Christian ? I think that is an upgrade.
TigerBlues Wrote:I have been waiting for someone to start this thread but I guess I will do it again. The Tigers lose a bunch to graduation and most of those were key personnel on the line and skill areas. It will be interesting to see how many of the incoming freshmen will be starting in an effort to fill the gaps left behind. My belief is Chirico has his work cut out for 2014.

I think there are 2-3 freshman who will be 1st string next year. There are a lot of sophomores and juniors who will step up their game for the Tigers.
Coaches did a great job this year and will have them ready next year
16-20 players are in the weight room which is an encouraging sign for the 2014 season and this excludes the basketball players. Chirico has the right direction and and should see the benefit from this. Last year no one was lifting at this time and we still competed well. It can only get better from here on out.
Go paintsville great season 2013 :truestory:
MERRY CHRISTMAS PAINTSVILLE FROM 64SUR. :truestory:
I think Paintsville will be good. Have to fill a couple holes!!
Congrats to kicker Brad Nordin on being named honorable mention all state. He was also an all state performer in soccer as well. He will be sorely missed as he was the weapon that put the opposing offenses on a long field. Congrats Brad and good luck to you in the future.
The only player from district 7 to make it!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The only player from district 7 to make it!

I noticed that SB, kind of amazing wasn't it. But I thought I saw McPeek on there. But for numbers, it did amaze me.
You are right. McPeek was on there. No offense to Cody, he was a great player, but i wasnt impressed with him against Raceland. Good player, but I was suprised to see him on there.
Big congrats to Lane Daniels on being named to the Border Bowl team! Can't remember the last time we have had a player on this team. Joey Couch is my last memory I think. Show out Lane and great job !
TigerBlues Wrote:Can't remember the last time we have had a player on this team. Joey Couch is my last memory I think.!

Congratulations to Lane. The last player would be Ryan Brown, DT, Class of 2003. Ryan ended up winning KY's Defensive player of the game while going against Auburn signee King Dunlap. Quite the feat considering he was on a team that included Jacob Tamme, Michael Bush, Keenan Burton and an absolute stud from Mayfield, Jay Burgett.
DALE Wrote:Congratulations to Lane. The last player would be Ryan Brown, DT, Class of 2003. Ryan ended up winning KY's Defensive player of the game while going against Auburn signee King Dunlap. Quite the feat considering he was on a team that included Jacob Tamme, Michael Bush, Keenan Burton and an absolute stud from Mayfield, Jay Burgett.

:Thumbs:
Bob Seger Wrote::Thumbs:

Dido:Cheerlead
DALE Wrote:Congratulations to Lane. The last player would be Ryan Brown, DT, Class of 2003. Ryan ended up winning KY's Defensive player of the game while going against Auburn signee King Dunlap. Quite the feat considering he was on a team that included Jacob Tamme, Michael Bush, Keenan Burton and an absolute stud from Mayfield, Jay Burgett.

Correct Dale, I forgot about Ryan. He went on to sign at James Madison had a very good two years there before transferring to then Pikeville College. Heck of a player.
TigerBlues Wrote:Correct Dale, I forgot about Ryan. He went on to sign at James Madison had a very good two years there before transferring to then Pikeville College. Heck of a player.

I honestly think Ryan would've finished at James Madison had the coaches not moved him several times from DL to OL. As a true freshman Ryan started on the DL for the Dukes and then in the spring they wanted to put him on the OL and the flip flopping of what side of the ball he would play on continued until he left. Ryan was a very special player; his initial burst off the ball was incredible, making numerous tackles in the backfield before the QB had a chance to turn around and hand it off, he was freakishly strong and could run like a deer. Had Guy Morris not jetted for Baylor prior to his senior year, it was about a lock for him to have wore the Blue and White of UK. He did finish up at JMU as a member of their National Championship team. Not sure if anyone else from Paintsville can claim that they accomplished something similar at the D1 level. Other than Jason Kinner, who won two NAIA's at Georgetown during his Freshman and Sophomore year, I am unaware of any other players at PHS to go on and win a National Championship after the conclusion of their HS career.
  • 1(current)
  • Next