Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kentucky Football Coaches Association has announced their Player and Coach of the
Class Player School Coach School
1A Jake Guhy Mayfield Ron Koontz Bethlethem
2A Elijah Sindelar Caldwell Co David barnes Caldwell Co
3A Tyler Guffey Wayne Co Shawn Thompson Wayne Co
4A Lawson Page Collins Joe Pronce Owensboro
5A Drew Barker Conner Johnny Hines Pulaski Co
6A Scott Daniel Scott Co Jim McKee Scott Co

Congratulations to all.
Good list IMO. I have no problems with it. Well deserved.
I just don't believe that Barnes at Caldwell Co deserved to be the 2A coach of the year. I think this was voted on before the playoffs, which IMO it shouldn't be. He had what EVERYONE was saying was by far the best team in 2a and didn't even make the semi's. Either Wagner at NCC or Davis at DeSales would have been a better choice.
I agree on the Coach of 6a and nothing to take away from Daniel as he was great but what Kuntz did was incredible for SK.
ColtPride Wrote:I just don't believe that Barnes at Caldwell Co deserved to be the 2A coach of the year. I think this was voted on before the playoffs, which IMO it shouldn't be. He had what EVERYONE was saying was by far the best team in 2a and didn't even make the semi's. Either Wagner at NCC or Davis at DeSales would have been a better choice.

I agree caldwell came up short and failed to meet expectations it was champimship or bust for them with all the talent they have now they only have one more shot with this group
I respect Coach Prince and the job he has done getting Owensboro back to the top of Class 4A, but with the job Coach Jerry Lucas has done in the last four years (46-11 overall record, 4 District, 3 Regional, 1 State Runner-up, and 1 State Championship) getting Collins to the top of not only Class 4A but the overall state, he would have been my choice.
No way Barker should have got this award over Fant or Hayes from BG.
I like the 1a player of the year as well as 2a player of the year. I really don't understand how coach joe keeps getting forgotten though. All we heard this year was can MHS make it past Beechwood without JJ and the others kids we lost to graduation. We had what most people would consider the most over achieving bunch this year. We played a brutal schedule and had the same results as last year. So how could he not be considered coach of the year for 1a.
No Fant?

Ok.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I agree on the Coach of 6a and nothing to take away from Daniel as he was great but what Kuntz did was incredible for SK.

I agree that Kuntz went above and beyond this season, but Daniel did as well and certainly deserves the award.
You won't get any argument out of me about Barnes not deserving the award. He should have beaten Murray.
wkyhollywood Wrote:No way Barker should have got this award over Fant or Hayes from BG.

probally the reason why he got it is because hes going to KY
I am not discounting the list, but would have to say Coach Wirth from Covington Catholic did a great job keeping his team together after the injuries to basically the best player at almost every position. QB, RB, Receiver, O-Line, D-Line, LB. No quit in the Colonels this year.
I saw Connor's Barker play twice. He's a joke
These awards were voted on weeks before the state game and before Caldwell County was knocked out of the playoffs. Imho, that's the only reason Caldwell County got player and coach of the year, because almost everyone thought they were going to state and was going to win it all. These awards should have been given to a coach and player that actually played in the championship game.
mysonis55 Wrote:I like the 1a player of the year as well as 2a player of the year. I really don't understand how coach joe keeps getting forgotten though. All we heard this year was can MHS make it past Beechwood without JJ and the others kids we lost to graduation. We had what most people would consider the most over achieving bunch this year. We played a brutal schedule and had the same results as last year. So how could he not be considered coach of the year for 1a.

I agree mysonis55 mayfield coach should have been coach of the year.Schedule mayfield play an won those games are a no brainer.Did I just agree :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:I agree mysonis55 mayfield coach should have been coach of the year.Schedule mayfield play an won those games are a no brainer.Did I just agree :Sad04:

64 finally came out of the closet its official he is now a mayfield fan probably sporting a new red shirt at this very moment
I'm not really sure how Jerry Lucas from Collins doesn't get 4A coach of the year, but congrats to all the players and coaches!