•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield Cardinals 2014
You don't want to have to buy me another drink in Dec do you? You should have already learned by now 64.
Things won't be as easy for them when they make the move to 2A next year. There will be no more secured spots in state game. I would still expect them to be a regular in the state semis and win state about once every 3-4 yrs. It ought to make for some much more interesting playoff games for you Mayfield fans.
I think you might be right about the closer playoff games, but the talent level that we have and the current coaching we have will still put us in the big dance in the first 2-3 years of 2a.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think you might be right about the closer playoff games, but the talent level that we have and the current coaching we have will still put us in the big dance in the first 2-3 years of 2a.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Funny, that's the same thing you said about us winning the big one this year 64.
Best of luck to Mayfield in 2014. Best team in 1A and 2A.
I think Beechwood, Frankfort, Russellville, Hazard, Pikeville and a couple of other 1a teams could compete for some titles in 2a, as well.. Maybe not every year, but, alot of years they could.. I do think beating the likes of Desales, NCC, CAL will be a bit tougher for Mayfield, as a whole, but, they'll still hold there own most years and make long playoff runs most every year, just like they did when they were in 2a before.
Next years seniors will have played 45 games before the season starts. That is more than most play by the time they graduate. That is one very big difference. Another big difference is they have to play scout team against the starters from Mayfield. Who would want to have to play Mayfield every week. That is why the program just keeps turning. There will be a down year somewhere though. I just hope that it is not for at least another 3 years.
mysonis55 Wrote:Next years seniors will have played 45 games before the season starts. That is more than most play by the time they graduate. That is one very big difference. Another big difference is they have to play scout team against the starters from Mayfield. Who would want to have to play Mayfield every week. That is why the program just keeps turning. There will be a down year somewhere though. I just hope that it is not for at least another 3 years.

I hope it aint anytime soon either, i just bought a big cowbell and painted it up nice and put the championship years down one side, the only problem is the other side looks to blank. Tell little 55 i need some more stickers to put down the other side. I hope to get to start on the other side by putting a 14 on it in december.
He says he is gonna have 3 more of those big rings.
I am very eager to see how life without a guhy at QB will be. They will most definitely have the athletes but getting ball to um.. I do think they will be ok but interested in who will be playing there??
Our coaching staff will figure that out real quick. We will just have to support them. You never know what new additions might be there. I know for a fact that our defense will be very stout.
Mayfield always fields a stout defense and speedy as well.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Things won't be as easy for them when they make the move to 2A next year. There will be no more secured spots in state game. I would still expect them to be a regular in the state semis and win state about once every 3-4 yrs. It ought to make for some much more interesting playoff games for you Mayfield fans.

If you are the ghost of Joey then you too are a Cardinal fan!
Is there any way we can just set the calendar forward to sept and watch some football already?
It's kinda funny how the state champs thread is only about half as big as the state runners up thread.
mysonis55 Wrote:It's kinda funny how the state champs thread is only about half as big as the state runners up thread.

Thats because im the only person not living in mayfield that likes them. Im sure strawberryshakeman, and nky91 will be back on to bash mayfield soon.
mysonis55 Wrote:It's kinda funny how the state champs thread is only about half as big as the state runners up thread.

That's the difference in expected and surprised...
64 can you see if the burg will put us on their regular season schedule this year? We might get someone to talk about us if you can.
mysonis55 Wrote:64 can you see if the burg will put us on their regular season schedule this year? We might get someone to talk about us if you can.

Well in.2015 everybody will be talking about Mayfield in 2A and 1A Confusednicker:
I'm looking forward to 2a. It will be fun.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm looking forward to 2a. It will be fun.

East will be ready and Leslie County will be looking to make some noise in 2A in 2015....Trust Me Mysonis55 :Cheerlead
Ok, now Leslie Co huh. We will be alright. We are about to have more smart and athletic talent than I can remember ever having. We also have a great coaching staff.
64SUR Wrote:East will be ready and Leslie County will be looking to make some noise in 2A in 2015....Trust Me Mysonis55 :Cheerlead

Who is Leslie county, I didn't know Kentucky had a Leslie county.:lmao:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Who is Leslie county, I didn't know Kentucky had a Leslie county.:lmao:

I guess you do now. You can thank me in 2015 :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I guess you do now. You can thank me in 2015 :Cheerlead

Well you will never get to meet me in bowling green, if all your hopes is on Leslie county ever getting past ncc to meet mayfield.:please:
Don't forget Somerset.
mysonis55 Wrote:Don't forget Somerset.

Yes how could I forger them. 64 is hard to read he says so much off the wall nonsense you never know if he is talking smack or believes it.
You are catching on. He is a great guy. He is just a fanatic on here. When he adopts a team he stands behind them full tilt until he adopts a new one.
I just heard that we got a 6'2" 220 lbs, lb from ms. That may shake some things up. It seems like they just keep dropping in here.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next