Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite moments at this years state championships.
I thought this would be a good spot for everyone to post their favorite moments at this years state games. I will do my top five.

1) Watching as my son got a great tackle for loss on his first play.
2) When 64 sent me a text as we were up 21-0. The text was that the burg
defense was just wearing our offense down.
3) Meeting my favorite advisory (friend) 64.
4) Seeing that there were no serious injuries to either team in our game.
5) Watching our team hoist the gold trophy again.
1.) Seeing Williamsburg run out on the field.
2.) Knowing Williamsburg was a contender.
3.) Praying that we would make it to halftime before a running clock.
4.) No serious injuries to either team
5.) Shaking mysonis55 hand ( he was much smaller than I thought) an meeting Mayfield Cardinal and smash mouth ( little bit taller than mysonis55 ) :lmao:
my favorite moment was getting out of that miserably cold weather and going out the road to Smokey Pig's Barbecue and getting into the fire (ghost chili challenge) lol
1. Seeing Sani Warren finally get to hoist the gold trophy. No one understands how much that kid deserved that.
2. Watching a kid I have known since his birth kick a GW FG even if it was in the 3rd quarter.
3. Reliving 2003 and 2004 all over again.
4. Collins backup QB stunning Highlands
5. Watching two Wing T teams go toe to toe in 6A
Watching kids having fun and wishing I could do it all over again. Getting old and having responsibilities sucks,LOL.
I'm glad all of you had a good time and will have some good memories.
Seeing the stadium lights before we arrived
Seeing the team arrive
Stepping on to the field
Seeing Jackson run under that first bomb, it seemed like it hung up there forever and with the lead he had on the DB I knew it was going to be 6
Seeing that Trophy hoisted
pjdoug Wrote:my favorite moment was getting out of that miserably cold weather and going out the road to Smokey Pig's Barbecue and getting into the fire (ghost chili challenge) lol

I took on the ghost pepper once and the ghost pepper won. Never again. I double dog dare you to try the Carolina Reaper - voted by Guinness as the hottest of them all. I won't be trying. :devilflam

Top moments:

1. Belfry win - I really got into voting for Coach Haywood for USA Coach of the Year and I was very happy for him and the Pond Creek Nation on the State Championship win. What a year for Belfry and Coach Haywood!

2. The last couple minutes of the Highlands/Collins game. What a finish! And I was on the losing end as a FTH fan. Congrats to Collins on a great win!

3. 4.5 games of competitive football.
kybred Wrote:I took on the ghost pepper once and the ghost pepper won. Never again. I double dog dare you to try the Carolina Reaper - voted by Guinness as the hottest of them all. I won't be trying. :devilflam

Top moments:

1. Belfry win - I really got into voting for Coach Haywood for USA Coach of the Year and I was very happy for him and the Pond Creek Nation on the State Championship win. What a year for Belfry and Coach Haywood!

2. The last couple minutes of the Highlands/Collins game. What a finish! And I was on the losing end as a FTH fan. Congrats to Collins on a great win!

3. 4.5 games of competitive football.

I've had a ghost pepper plant growing for months and it's just now starting to get peppers on it if you'd like to eat the first one lol:flame:
If you take away the bad weather and lack of fans as a result of that, I think this is the best year at state in probably a decade.
mysonis55 Wrote:If you take away the bad weather and lack of fans as a result of that, I think this is the best year at state in probably a decade.

Great games with exception of 1A and 5A... even then it was nice to see a new face in 1A with Williamsburg and see Pulaski in 5A. KY Football in a way needed a Bowling Green dominant win on a National Stage as well. The Purples were the best team in KY so you needed them to play that way.
I take away you need replay in the state games these refs were to say not that good that's just my 2cents but besides that it was all good congrats to all teams that won!
I saw a few catches, or ruled catches this weekend that I would love to see a replay of.
Seeing a bunch of kids that I've watched grow up be rewarded for their hard work by being crowned 3A champs.

Seeing one in particular that is a member of a family that I've really grown to love and respect kick what proved to be the game winning field goal...priceless.
I can't imagine a game in today's offensive first football being won 3-0.
mysonis55 Wrote:I can't imagine a game in today's offensive first football being won 3-0.

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.
It's just something you don't see anymore.
I cant remember which game it was, but mine would have to be when a junior QB with balls as big as the football itself came in and threw a last second touchdown. He had only played a couple of snaps all year.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I cant remember which game it was, but mine would have to be when a junior QB with balls as big as the football itself came in and threw a last second touchdown. He had only played a couple of snaps all year.....

All jokes aside, how has that not made it on ESPN?
I wish I had known your actual name mysonis55, there were a host of Mayfield folk at my hotel and I would have asked if they knew ya... hell you might have been there.
I didn't go this year, but watched the internet feed.

My favorite moment was when (as far as I know) everyone made it home safely.
I was there at Greenwood. MayfieldCardinal cornered 1 of your fans over by the pool and talked football with him for about 1 hour or so. I was there with him. I finally got tired and went to bed. Cardinal was starting to look a little pickled when I left.
Watching the best Bowling Green High School Football Team ever, play their last game together. I'm glad they were able to finish it with a win.

Watching a superstar in the making in Pulaski County QB Riley Hall. He is something special.
The only time I stood up and cheered....the pass that beat the Bluebirds. What a story.
watching mayfield run out carrying the american flag watching 2 guhy to deion jackson bombs and the 91 yard td freshman rb trajon bright took to the house
Mayfield running out carrying our nations flag 2 guhy to jackson long td passes and the 91 yarder freshman rb trajon bright took to the house
M
I'd say my favorite moment at this year's state championship game is pretty obvious. It has to be Collins beating Highlands in such an improbable way. I have watched the replay over and over and it's still hard to believe. You couldn't find a group more deserving of a state title, and what a scene it was when they finally slayed the giant. Definitely a moment I and everyone in attendance will never forget.
Not very often you get to see a back up qb come in with ice water running through his veins and throw a great pass to seal the deal. I don't have any issues with Highlands and I like their program, but that was a great game and a great way to win it.
mysonis55 Wrote:I was there at Greenwood. MayfieldCardinal cornered 1 of your fans over by the pool and talked football with him for about 1 hour or so. I was there with him. I finally got tired and went to bed. Cardinal was starting to look a little pickled when I left.

What hotel?