• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2014
The Black Bears lose 10 seniors. They are bringing in an awesome Freshman bunch but most Freshman are not ready to play 5A ball at the beginning of the year. I have heard that there are several kids that didn't play last year are going to play this year. Some names that I have heard could really help. The only problem they took a year or two off. Can they get back into the groove? HC again has a very tough schedule but I have faith in my Black Bears that we will make it 5 in a row for a district title and hopefully compete in the region.
I did fail to mention that those 10 seniors either played or started. We lose an awfully good senior bunch.
Massey had almost 1200 yards rushing. That is a good start on O.
Yeppers, and he'll be running behind Baby Zak, another good start. Fred should be a beast next year!!!!
1-9 with there only win coming against a Whitley team without a head coach Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1-9 with there only win coming against a Whitley team without a head coach Confusednicker:

Stop dreaming gut!! Whitley will have a coach by then, maybe!!
Seriously, are there capable backups ready to step in, or will Harlan Co. be down a bit next season?
From what I saw it looks like Pulaski will be the team over there.
Every year I've wondered and had a little doubt at how good they would be the next year. But we always seem to replace guys. Now don't get me wrong there aren't any Carson Whitheads that will just pop up, but we do have some talent. If the boys come back that took last year off should help some. JV has been successful the last couple of years hopefully that translates to Varsity.

QB will be a question mark after Bailey established himself as a pretty good passer. I think the O line will be okay and the defense got shuffled around this year losing Whitehead will hurt but someone will/has to step up and I'm predicting that Kennon Napier could be that player with the right attitude and motivation. Not saying he has a bad attitude it will just take a lot to replace an All State LB.
I've heard rumblings about Coach Larkey retiring. Is there any truth to this?
E's Army Wrote:I've heard rumblings about Coach Larkey retiring. Is there any truth to this?
Nope not this year.
HC's biggest issue will be who is going to be the QB, as of right now i have no clue, hopefully someone can step up, i know we have a young one, only time will tell if he is ready to run it..
lol at the Larkey retiring thing.

Its every year...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol at the Larkey retiring thing.

Its every year...
Agree Confusednicker:
hopefully Whitley gets a coach and gives the Black Bears a hard timeSmile
When do the Black Bears start passing 10+ times a game? Anytime during Larkey era? Team can get real one-deminsional at times. With the loss of the QB (a good one at that), how does HC move the ball, because it wont take teams long to key on Massey. Best of luck next year!
^
In the Madison Southern game!
Confusednicker:

We've got too many pieces to put together to be able to give any kind of creditable prediction; I'm just thankful Tom Larkey will be in charge of organizing those pieces!
BBN30 Wrote:When do the Black Bears start passing 10+ times a game? Anytime during Larkey era? Team can get real one-deminsional at times. With the loss of the QB (a good one at that), how does HC move the ball, because it wont take teams long to key on Massey. Best of luck next year!

I don't know how defenses can key on Harlan County's running backs any more than they have the past three or four years unless they are allowed to play more than 11.
Whatever Larkey has done has worked better than any Harlan County team in 40 years.
If it is not broke don't fix it.

I have seen Larkey teams of the past throw the ball a ton, when he has the players to do so. At HC he does not have those kids, he does however have a bunch of big strong kids and some very hard nosed RB's.
William Muney Wrote:If it is not broke don't fix it.

I have seen Larkey teams of the past throw the ball a ton, when he has the players to do so. At HC he does not have those kids, he does however have a bunch of big strong kids and some very hard nosed RB's.

Agreed

I remember his old Rocket teams ran and ran but threw a whole lot in the 2000s. I agree. work with what you got we just suffered to many injuries this season late and did not have the horses to compete losing three lineman and our whole secondary but that is how it goes sometimes. We are a mountain power and we will regroup and be OK
pass the ball some harlan county black bears :beg:
64SUR Wrote:pass the ball some harlan county black bears :beg:

Got to play with what you are dealt.
HAT51 Wrote:Got to play with what you are dealt.

I just think a little passing would help it does everywhere else makes it a longer game just saying :Cheerlead GO BLACK BEARS
Larkey is from the old school that says when you throw it, 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad. Rockcastle had a heck of a passing attack during the early to mid 2000s. Larkey knows how to throw it when he wants to.
64SUR, this is totally off the subject but I just want to congratulate you and your Yellow Jackets for a WONDERFUL season. I hope you can come see an HC game at home sometime.
bear claw Wrote:64SUR, this is totally off the subject but I just want to congratulate you and your Yellow Jackets for a WONDERFUL season. I hope you can come see an HC game at home sometime.

:thanks: I didn't get to watch Harlan county play this year,I watch 2 games 2012 and 2 games 2011and 2010.been a Harlan fan for a long time as long as y'all don't play Leslie county,Williamsburg and north laurel :Cheerlead KEEP COAL ALIVE
If all of the old black bear mamas that use to be on here doesn't get on and start talking trash, I don't expect a stellar year Confusednicker:

They didn't even get on this year.
I don't agree with play what your dealt.quarterback development should start in Elementary.Whitley County has had good quarterbacks that never got to show their potential
^^
That's my niece's avatar!!! Trust me when I tell you that she has had one of the most difficult years of her life. I expect her back in full force next year!!

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If all of the old black bear mamas that use to be on here doesn't get on and start talking trash, I don't expect a stellar year Confusednicker:

They didn't even get on this year.

Well, SOME of us got on this year, and I resent the bold!!
Besides, you can't handle all of them at one time!!
Confusednicker:
  • 1(current)
  • Next