Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry 74 Breathitt 52 Final
Perry controlled the whole game. Beverly has really worked on his scoring and it shows. Johnson owned the boards. A little bit of sloppy play with fouls and turnovers but thats expected in the first game.Three nasty oops from Braxton to Justin. Justin caught and finished one with one hand in the first quarter that was insane. Good scoring by Perry's role players. Perry also did very good keeping Noble from getting started on offense.
Suprised at Margin
Justin and Braxton combined for 49 points.
What game was u watching? Noble had 17 pts 3 3's. He's a 6'6 PG and had 1 turnover handling the ball the entire night. And was getting rode like a horse. Bhs was within 7-10 pts until Noble picked up 2 back to back fouls n 3 rd quarter he had 4 and had to go to the bench within seconds Pcc went up 16 and was never Able to recover... Both Baker boys played well. Whitmore , Chaney, and Campbell struggled tonight but will b fine. The players have only had 5 practices together so the score isn't the true indicator.
Iknowbball Wrote:What game was u watching? Noble had 17 pts 3 3's. He's a 6'6 PG and had 1 turnover handling the ball the entire night. And was getting rode like a horse. Bhs was within 7-10 pts until Noble picked up 2 back to back fouls n 3 rd quarter he had 4 and had to go to the bench within seconds Pcc went up 16 and was never Able to recover... Both Baker boys played well. Whitmore , Chaney, and Campbell struggled tonight but will b fine. The players have only had 5 practices together so the score isn't the true indicator.
If he had that many im suprised. No way he shot over 40% from the field. Went over a quarter without a fg as well. And idk why you say hes a pg when he very rarely brought the ball up or ran the offense.
Hahaha I have the game if u want to watch it!!! Hater!!!
Iknowbball Wrote:Hahaha I have the game if u want to watch it!!! Hater!!!

I watched it live im fine. Hater??? What am i hating on? The team i love won by over 20 and controlled the whole game. I think your just a little upset. Sorry Noble just didnt play that well and got outshined by two very better players.
What impact did Tobler have on the game? Congrats PCC!
The Weatherman Wrote:What impact did Tobler have on the game? Congrats PCC!

Not alot. Got into foul trouble early. You can see the lack of experience. Good talent though, will come around with time.
I know Noble did his thing, but it was nice to see Braxton guarding him all night.

That's a tough matchup for anyone around here and I thought he handled it well.

Nice to see the excuses are flowing after the first game of the season!
Remember Commodore Tyler Fugate in your prayers.

Took an elbow to the head tonight and fractured his skull. May have some brain bleeding or swelling according to Facebook
zaga_fan Wrote:I know Noble did his thing, but it was nice to see Braxton guarding him all night.

That's a tough matchup for anyone around here and I thought he handled it well.

Nice to see the excuses are flowing after the first game of the season!

I don't think anyone is trying to make excuses, but just stating the facts. This bobcat team has only practiced with all of their players five times, due to football. Personally, I don't think the bobcats could have beaten Perry regardless of how many times they practiced. PCC has too much talent, but I do believe when these teams play again, it will be much more competitive.
zaga_fan Wrote:Remember Commodore Tyler Fugate in your prayers.

Took an elbow to the head tonight and fractured his skull. May have some brain bleeding or swelling according to Facebook

Fractured skull confirmed, but he has now been released from UK and is in good spirits, prayers to the young man.(from Facebook)

I called Perry 76-50 in the prediction thread, think I just about nailed this one.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I don't think anyone is trying to make excuses, but just stating the facts. This bobcat team has only practiced with all of their players five times, due to football. Personally, I don't think the bobcats could have beaten Perry regardless of how many times they practiced. PCC has too much talent, but I do believe when these teams play again, it will be much more competitive.

I'm with you...
but when the guy threw out that Noble getting 2 back-to-back fouls is what lost it for Breathitt I took it as an excuse.

Johnson absolutely killed Breathitt County on the boards and Braxton kept the defense on their hills and pretty much single-handedly got their team in foul trouble. That's what beat Breathitt County.

This early in the season with a new coach it's a wash anyway. Breathitt will rebound from this.
How many people did Johnson posterize?
^ Three jams - I'd say 6 posters according to what angles you take lol
[YOUTUBE="Lob City"]?v=jLjdPQ_LfXQ[/YOUTUBE]
Does anyone know the timeline for Toomer and Fugate to return? I know it is early, but I believe PCC will need both of them with their difficult schedule. Really glad to hear that Fugate will be ok. Prayers to him and his family.
The Weatherman Wrote:Does anyone know the timeline for Toomer and Fugate to return? I know it is early, but I believe PCC will need both of them with their difficult schedule. Really glad to hear that Fugate will be ok. Prayers to him and his family.

Toomer's cast was supposed to come off today.
I don't know about Fugate yet.
Pray was supposed to be out for 3 months - so he'll be lucky to get in by tournament time.
Toomer'a cast will remain on until next week for sure now. Maybe 2 more weeks. Dr told him he should b back n early to mid Jan. Tuff break for PCC.
How deep can Pcc go off the bench? With these injuries early on,it will hurt.Any other players that can contribute right away.Hope Toomer and Pray get back on the court soon.
Yes, they still have 2 really good freshman coming off the bench in Tobler and Hill. Both average around 8pts a game and may end up being starters b4 all is said and done. PCC will b deep once Jan comes. Besides Beverly and Johnson they should have 7/8 kids they can play and not lose anything.
Good to hear. PCC will be in the hunt for regional title too. Beverly and Johnson are a great combo and hope everyone is healthy for a great year in the 14th.
Some stats I've seen from PCC

Johnson: 27 points, 30 boards

Beverly: 23 points, 10 assists

30 rebounds is an amazing feat. considering Breathitt has the 6'7 and 6'6 kid.
Johnson has really worked on his conditioning this year and it really shows. It's worth $5 to watch him n warm ups. Nasty!!!!!
Confusednicker:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm with you...
but when the guy threw out that Noble getting 2 back-to-back fouls is what lost it for Breathitt I took it as an excuse.

Johnson absolutely killed Breathitt County on the boards and Braxton kept the defense on their hills and pretty much single-handedly got their team in foul trouble. That's what beat Breathitt County.

This early in the season with a new coach it's a wash anyway. Breathitt will rebound from this.

Kinda like when pcc fans blame the 15 region ref's for getting beat 20 in region championship!!! Can't believe anyone would make excuses!!! Confusednicker:
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Confusednicker:

Kinda like when pcc fans blame the 15 region ref's for getting beat 20 in region championship!!! Can't believe anyone would make excuses!!! Confusednicker:

Refs had nothing to do with them getting beat by 20 last year.
The inability to score got them beat by 20 last year.

That had as much to do with Knott County as it did Perry.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Confusednicker:

I know I have too much time on my hands...

But only one time does anyone complain about the refs in last year's thread...
6 pages and one genius brings up the refs.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ott&page=6

I know there is a life outside of BGR and maybe some people have made that argument somewhere else...
but the general consensus from Perry fans is NOT that they lost last year's final due to 15th region refs - they got whooped.

I don't think 15th Region refs could successfully help a team out if they wanted to - they would mess that up as well Confusedinglepar
With Cornett gone how does that affect the inside game for PCC?
Johnson could be the most athletic guy to play in the 14th ever. I'm curious on watching if his mid range game develops this year, gonna need it at western