Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland discussion 11/29/13 game
First off Williamsburg deserved to win that game as they executed a near flawless game on both sides of the ball. They are extremely well coached on fundamentals and really too it to us.

What areas could we have perhaps done a better job? Unpopular or not, to me in my honest opinion, we lost focus after the regional championship. We looked ill prepared and once we got punched in the mouth, we never recovered. It seemed our offense was disjointed and the defense played well in spurts. Williamsburg was responsible for beating us handily. I think we were even more beaten in preparation,focus, in game play calling, offense and defense.

Williamsburg, good luck in the finals. Rams will be back and thank you seniors.
voice of reason Wrote:First off Williamsburg deserved to win that game as they executed a near flawless game on both sides of the ball. They are extremely well coached on fundamentals and really too it to us.

What areas could we have perhaps done a better job? Unpopular or not, to me in my honest opinion, we lost focus after the regional championship. We looked ill prepared and once we got punched in the mouth, we never recovered. It seemed our offense was disjointed and the defense played well in spurts. Williamsburg was responsible for beating us handily. I think we were even more beaten in preparation,focus, in game play calling, offense and defense.

Williamsburg, good luck in the finals. Rams will be back and thank you seniors.
Block line block line block !!!!!!!
The first quarter really set the tone tonight. Raceland had not been hit in the mouth like they were tonight and they didn't know how to respond. Defensively they stepped up after the first 14 points but they struggled on offense all night. Williamsburg had Salmons number and game planned his offense very well. A big problem tonight was it seemed as though everyone panicked after they got down and it looked like no one was on the same page. Williamsburg was by far the best team Raceland played all year and I would say that they would beat us again if this game were to be replayed. All Raceland can do right now is start hitting the weight room and preparing for next season. Good luck to Williamsburg and bring the trophy back to the east!
I agree, they would beat us again and probably just as easy. I really thought we would adjust at halftime and put together a good 3rd and 4th qtr. I think the speed advantage they had at the line neutralized our size, they were just quicker to the spot and tackled better than anyone we played.

I still am not a fan of changing every play and taking so much time between plays to get one called. They had Salmons number, but they were just as ready for our defense, although we played well in spurts.

When we had some success early running, it seemed we went away from that and we never committed to the passing game either, at least not what had worked all year. Once you get down they pin their ears back and we were toast.

All in all, we have came out flat on many weeks and as many have said, one day it would cost us...tonight was it. We just appeared not to be focused, all week really on football. Hind site is 20/20, hopefully the next time maybe the coaches discuss giving up social media, etc to focus on the game at hand.
Carson Christian was a difference maker. He was responsible for setting the pace on the lone scoring drive. Idk why but Kane Snyder hasnt played well since Fairview. Be t fear of fumbling or whatever. It's obvious that Christian's speed and toughness would havebeen a difference maker. Williamsburg executed and we didnt. From what i watched on ihigh, we didnt beat ourselves. Which, in the past is what we had done in big games. It stings a bit less for this former Ram to see that. Raceland grew leaps and bounds this year. Winning is contagious, regroup, hit the weights, get ready for next season. While w were a senior laden oline and qb, we return alot of tallent and size next year as well. But so does Williamsburg, pikeville, and Hazard. Raceland will take some lumps next year, but they will learn from this experience.
i tried to tell slick rick
It seemed they blew through our line all night, quick well coached group.
Williamsburg was so well coached on fundamentals. Locking on their man,blocking,tackling.
I agree though, it seems once we were hit, players and coaches both didn't have the answer.

I hope Williamsburg wins it all, no shame in losing to the champ.
Raceland was a good solid team. Williamsburg's overall team speed was the difference. Chris Helton and Wilson are loads up front for Williamsburg. Jefferson Patrick also gave them fits. Raceland coaches kept yelling for somebody to block 25.
I would have liked to have seen the Rams run the power I in this game I think it would have helped them a lot... I seen them do it in the past just don't understand some of the play calling they did...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:i tried to tell slick rick

Yes you did...but I was still confident in our boys. Hats off to Williamsburg. They got the job done when it mattered and we came up short. I still think we're a better team than we showed Friday night, but in reality it probably still may not have mattered. Williamsburg deserved to win, and they are a classy team & classy school. Good Luck next week.:Thumbs:
rams were a great team, but they couldnt execute when they needed is.
Big factor in this game, after watching it on ihigh and speeking with a few people, was Beech and Snyder's getting smacked in the mouth and then running scared or hesitating. Carson Christian hit the whole with out fear or hesitation of being tackled and picked up around 13 yards/carry setting up Beech to score on the stretch play. If Christian doesnt get hurt, imo, that was the turning point. We lost the 1-2 punch. It was a great year and raceland surpassed my expectations. I called for a 6-4 or 7-3 season and losing to Fairview. Neverbeen more happy to be wrog in my life though. Proud of this team. Now...

Who r we looking at to take over for Elkins, Manis, Risner, Boggs, Johnson offensively and Risner, Boggs, Manis, Harris defensively?

We will return the WRs, Snyder and Walker at RB. Wallace on the dline and Bradley at Center. But who are the early front runners to fill the gaps on the oline and dline?

I think Young could be a great qb. He has alot of speed and a cannon for a right arm, his down fall though, is being abit of a gun slinger. Whats everyone's thoughts?
Raceland had a very good team that ran into a buzz saw. Their fans should be proud of this season and looking forward to next year.