Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frankfort
23.08%
Mayfield
76.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort @ Mayfield 11/29 ( Class 1A State Semi Final Game )
Well, who you got in this one. If our defense plays like they have in the last 2 weeks, I would have to say another shut out.
Having another hard time picking this game hmm :rockon: 55 was Frankfort one of your contender kant remember or pretender :HitWall:
I always said Frankfort was rated too low in the polls. Mods can we get a poll on this one.
Mayfield wins.. But this year is very interesting because 3 teams got over the hump this year..
I know the past is the past but I believe the last time Frankfort and Mayfield played Frankfort won the game. With that being said though I think the Panthers will be hard pressed in this one. Good luck to both teams.
Mayfield 28
Frankfort 7
Mayfield in a close one. Frankfort has been lights out in the stretch run. They will make Mayfield earn it.
Just based on stats I have seen from Frankfort, it looks like they have several backs like Mayfield does but the key may be their backs are more athletic than Mayfields. Coach Morris said they will run out of the spread and it looks like they do indeed have a passing game. It looks like the QB is mobile as he has picked up some rushing yards in some games. They do look very athletic as they spread the ball around to several backs with 21 and 7 being the key backs, but it looks like #7 will go in as QB at times. I guess you could pretty much sum them up as a very athletic team, could be somewhat of a mirror image of Mayfield. This one is shaping up to be quite a matchup with the advantages I can spot right now for Mayfield is depth and our defense. They allowed Danville to get over 300 yrds rushing so that tells me we should have success with our line and our rushing game, any thoughts?
If our defense can pitch another shut out, I really like our chances.
Mayfield seems to play well when they know they are in for a fight, so that does bode well for the Cardinals. It will probably be harder to pitch a shutout this go around unless we have another wet night, cause this team can throw the ball if they need to.
The one area of concern that the Cardinals have had all year has been on the defensive side of the ball. It looks like they've made the adjustments and are playing lights out D now. Add that to a balanced, high octane offense and that's a very scary team. Also, not having that 4 plus hour drive and playing on familiar soil will be a hard task for Frankfort to overcome. I think the Panthers will play with them for awhile but the Cardinals depth will prevail in the late stages. I think it'll be in the 31-14 range, when all's said and done.
Mayfield wins going away Mayfield 38 Frankfort 6.
I argee with all above... d should show up but wont be lights out... frank has to much speed and skill not to score.. goin with two on the board for them.. 42 on us with scores late.. is deon playing this week or is he still out? I believe he alone is at least a two touchdown threat... with him gone it has really hampered our strike at any time offence.. he is a sorely missed guy right now ..
All of my information comes from folks close to their program, the QB is a d1 kid. 6'4" about 210 about is getting better quick. No. 7 is a d1 kid also is getting over an injury but is now at his normal high gear. The one to watch is 21, he will run you over comparable to Roberts kid at Franklin Co. But looks to be more athletic. Don't know if these kids can overcome the long trip against a powerful team, but should be a dandy to watch. They are probably better now because they suffer from low numbers, the games they lost were early in the year and heat was the factor with kids cramping up. Shouldn't be a factor on Friday. Mayfield by 3.
Ew... didnt like the sound of that post.. can we erase that..
Frankfort has scored 500 points each of the last two years. They have enough offense to make this game very interesting.
Frankfort is optimistic, but that's because Frankfort does not understand.
Duece I believe you are referring to Jalen Acree number 44. Your right he is a load to bring down. Game high 180 yards rushing against Beechwood in the mud and most of it up the middle where he took defenders on his back with him.
hubb Wrote:Duece I believe you are referring to Jalen Acree number 44. Your right he is a load to bring down. Game high 180 yards rushing against Beechwood in the mud and most of it up the middle where he took defenders on his back with him.
I've not seen Frankfort since early in the season, I am going by what a couple guys I work with are telling me. You are probably right about the kids. I remember their QB's dad, if he is anything like Roni watch out.
mysonis55 Wrote:If our defense can pitch another shut out, I really like our chances.

Ladies and gentleman the john madden of BGR. If we don't give up any points we should win the game.very astute football analysis 55. Ofcourse I knew what u meant just giving u a hard time.
Hey, not too many teams have ever held us to no points. I feel pretty good if we can do that to the opposing team.
I've done a little research on the two teams schedules. This is what I came up with. Frankfort (11-2) has played a schedule with a combined record of 75-76. If you averaged their opponents Lit ratings, they would play on average a 69.4 rated team per week. During that schedule the average score of their games would be 39-14. They have played 2 teams with a Lit rating above 100 and lost both. Their best win was against a team with a 95.4 Lit rating (Beechwood). None of their opponents are still alive in the playoffs.

Mayfield (12-1) has played a schedule with a combined record of 84-71. If you averaged they opponents Lit ratings, they would play on average a 83.3 rated team per week. During that schedule they average score of their games would be 41-17. They have played 5 games against teams with Lit rating above 100 and went 4-1 in those games. Their best win was against a team with a Lit rating of 116.3 (McCracken Co). Two of their opponents are still alive in the playoffs.
Mayfield 12-1 Results Record Lit Rating
Ft Campbell***37-21***5-7***90.3
McCracken Co**35-34***9-3***116.3
Pad Tilghman**28-21***8-5***108.1
Murray*******28-18***9-4****99.7
Graves Co*****49-21***10-3***99.3
Marshall Co****64-28***1-10***70.9
Fulton City*****63-0****1-9****36.8
Fulton Co******63-0****1-8****42.5
Russellville*****42-21***10-3***100.4
Caldwell Co*****41-48***12-1***111.4
Caverna********57-14***2-9****33.1
Holy Cross******35-0****6-6****73.8
Russellville******17-0***10-3****100.4

Frankfort 11-2 Result Record Lit rating
Bullitt East****7-21***11-2***100.5
Green Co******25-8***5-6****80.2
Franklin Co****36-51**11-2***105.6
Western Hills***31-14**1-9****62.2
Lex Christian***21-2***1-10***65.7
Shelby Co*****27-14***6-5****84.4
Paris*********59-0****9-3****63.7
Bracken Co****78-0****2-9****19.2
Eminence*****58-0****6-5****39.7
Danville*******51-24***6-6****77.4
Dayton********53-8****2-9****27.2
Bellevue*******24-14***7-5****81.4
Beechwood*****35-21***8-5****95.4
mysonis55 Wrote:If our defense can pitch another shut out, I really like our chances.

Yeah if Frankfort doesn't score a single point there's a 100% chance Mayfield wins. Confusednicker:

Mayfield wins this one in route to another 1A Championship. They're just too good for 1A and probably 2A too. Some years maybe even 3A.
Mayfield 35-7
I say Mayfield 35 - 14
Hopefully we will get there and get to see Belfry there again this year as well. I would like to see another Belfry/PT match up. I would like to see Murray/NCC, but I think it will be DeSales/NCC. I also hope that it is Mayfield against either Raceland or Wburg. I think it will be Raceland.
Mayfield's defense makes them the favorite. Not many teams have a quarterback who has played in two championship games. i think that is a big advantage for Mayfield.
Don't forget the advantage of being the friendly confines of War Memorial. That is a beautiful thing. I am not saying for sure that we will win, but I do like our chances. I am happy that Frankfort took the next step though. They have a fan base that really wanted something more this year. I hope they all have a safe trip over here and back. Watch for the deer on WK and Purchase Pkwy on the way.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Yeah if Frankfort doesn't score a single point there's a 100% chance Mayfield wins. Confusednicker:

Mayfield wins this one in route to another 1A Championship. They're just too good for 1A and probably 2A too. Some years maybe even 3A.

Sometime I wonder if some of these fans wants mayfield to stay in 1A. :igiveup: