Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 37 Henry Clay 34 Class 6A Playoffs
Final
wow HC have them a game this time but wasn't enough,last time they was blown out..
I watched this on Ihigh and was really surprised. I though Scott Co. would have brought a lot more to the table from what I had been told.

Neither one of these teams could tackle well or stay at home on defense in the 4th quarter. The Cardinals happened to make more plays and won. HCs lack of a solid passing game really hurt them. Scott stuffed the box with 7-9 defensemen and HC kept on running!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Did Henry Clay improve that much or was Scott Co looking ahead to Male/Trinity?
Scott Co. could have very easily lost. These teams were evenly matched tonight. Nothing like the 3 + TD margin victory during the regular season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Congrats to Scott County. Closer than I expected.
Scott County's weaknesses have been exposed
Congratulations Scott County.

I wasn't surprised by the level of competition in this game. I am a little surprised that HC didn't pass more, though. Simpson is one of the best at making adjustments; it's rare that the same team will beat them twice in one season.
My grand daughter was at this game. She said Elijah had broken his thumb, and refused to tell anyone. Said it looked horrible, and yet the kid still ran the ball like he was on fire. Gotta respect that commitment!! She also told me that HC just "ran out of time". They were evidently driving toward a score when time ran out...I dunno. She's anything BUT objective when it comes to Henry Clay!
Wink
They were driving when time expired. That whole lack of a passing game hurt. The seam pass was there all night.

Bell did have 2 80yd rushing TDs. Scott Co gave up too many big plays. Male will cruise to a win if the Cardinals play like they did last night!

Best of luck to Elijah Bell, I've enjoyed watching him run first, against Dixie in the playoffs last year, and again last night. He's a talent that could become a solid slot receiver at the next level.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Granny Bear sounds like you have a chip off the block. Got to love girls who take their football serious.