Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Warren @ Paducah Tilghman 11/22
3A West Regional Championship.

Once given up for dead @ 1-5, Tilghman has returned with an untidy win over Monroe County Friday. They face a tall order when 11-1 South Warren brings its record setting defense for a first ever visit to Tilghman's McRight Field nest Friday. Tilghman's best receiver will return for this game, after sitting out the Monroe game to take advantage of an opportunity to review some alternate self control strategies.
PT in a close but high scoring game.
I don't think anyone gave Tilghman up for dead... they played perhaps the toughest schedule in the State pound for pound.

This one should be very entertaining... two very sound defensive teams with lots of athleticism. First one to 14 wins.
mysonis55 Wrote:PT in a close but high scoring game.

High Scoring?

Ft. Campbell needed a trash time TD to be the first team to put double digits up on South Warren's defense. You have to go back to September to find the last time a team scored more than a TD on Tilghman.
South Warren 46
Paducah Tiglman 14

Mysonis55 help me here on picking this game :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:South Warren 46
Paducah Tiglman 14

Mysonis55 help me here on picking this game :Sad04:
I think the punters will be the most used players this week. I predict the home team tornados in a close on 20-14
Look at what the 2 teams are averaging for scoring. They will pull things out of the hat that you haven't seen yet. S Warren hasn't played a team like PT yet. It will be high scoring.
mysonis55 Wrote:Look at what the 2 teams are averaging for scoring. They will pull things out of the hat that you haven't seen yet. S Warren hasn't played a team like PT yet. It will be high scoring.
SW has probably 2 of the best d tackles in the state, very good LB and safeties, there offense is not very good, they score a lot on short fields and defense. Tilman relies on their athletes and playmakers. I say good defense keeps scoring low
Tilghman would be undefeated with South Warren's schedule.

SW opponents - 58-76

PT opponents - 87-54

You are what you eat
I think the winner of this game is your upper bracket representative in the State Championship. It seems the top bracket is top heavy on defense, lack of offense. I really think this game will be a push, can't put my finger around Tilghman yet, did the change in DC make that much of a difference for them? Or is their late season surge due to a lesser teams? BUT if I had to pick I'd go with South Warren, they've dominated defensively all season to the point where it's become their MO.
Yes, the dc did make that much of a difference. I said it on my posts as soon as he came back. PT had the talent necessary to win and the history of winning. They very much lacked discipline. They hired discipline and they changed.
Tilghman will blow south warren out the water. strength of schedule makes the difference here. Both teams have some great athletes.
Tilghman does not swim in the baby pool.
This one is is one of the top three games of the week in wky.. PT will prob pull this one off as many expect. .. close game.. pt by 14
South Warren - 14

Paducah T - 6
It isn't going to be low scoring. I say PT 28 S Warren 20
South Warren 21-20.
mysonis55 Wrote:It isn't going to be low scoring. I say PT 28 S Warren 20
28-20 seems fairly low scoring for high school football to me
I guess you have a point there. It's hard to get use to that being a low scoring football game.
PT 35-South Warren 27
There will likely be rain or a very wet field for this game. Rain predicted for Thurs and Friday.
Defensive battle to the end.

PT - 15
SW - 14
Hmmm, I wonder when Larry Shanks came out of retirement in Tennessee to resurect Tilghman's D?

Code:
Aug 24, 13     McCracken Co.     away     24     - 23     (W)         
Aug 30, 13     F.J. Reitz     away     16     - 28     (L)         
Sep 7, 13     Mayfield     home     21     - 28     (L)          
Sep 13, 13     Graves County     away     27     - 30     (L) OT
Sep 21, 13     Highlands     home     25     - 42     (L)          
Sep 27, 13     Henderson Co     home     14     - 27     (L)          
Oct 4, 13     North Hopkins     away     41     - 0     (W)          
Oct 11, 13     Fort Campbell     home     41     - 7     (W)     
Oct 18, 13     Trigg County     away     27     - 6     (W)     
Oct 25, 13     Webster County     home     48     - 6     (W)     
Nov 8, 13     Adair County     home     41     - 7     (W)          
Nov 15, 13     Monroe County     home     49     - 6     (W)          
Nov 22, 13     South Warren     home
Tica Wrote:Hmmm, I wonder when Larry Shanks came out of retirement in Tennessee to resurect Tilghman's D?

Code:

It is pretty clear...but at the same time.... those teams at the bottom of the list are not nearly as good as those teams at the top of the list.

It is very safe to say PT's defense has improved... but even without a change at DC I still think Tilghman wins all those games by similar scores.
Tica Wrote:3A West Regional Championship.

Once given up for dead @ 1-5, Tilghman has returned with an untidy win over Monroe County Friday. They face a tall order when 11-1 South Warren brings its record setting defense for a first ever visit to Tilghman's McRight Field nest Friday. Tilghman's best receiver will return for this game, after sitting out the Monroe game to take advantage of an opportunity to review some alternate self control strategies.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Paducah Tilghman 36
South Warren 12:biglmao:
Tica, whats the internet broad cast for this game?
http://westkentuckystar.com/Multimedia/Listen-Live.aspx

Tilghman games streamed here.

Old school type broadcaster - Ed Taylor.
Tica Wrote:http://westkentuckystar.com/Multimedia/Listen-Live.aspx

Tilghman games streamed here.

Old school type broadcaster - Ed Taylor.

thanks
Tica Wrote:Hmmm, I wonder when Larry Shanks came out of retirement in Tennessee to resurect Tilghman's D?

Code:

You can look at their schedule two ways. 1, The only teams that beat them were very good teams or 2, They only beat the teams that are cupcakes. Aside from McCracken County, they didn't beat anyone that is relevant this year. This is a hard game to pick. They both beat Monroe Co. and Ft. Campbell by about the same margin. I'm pulling for my neighbors at South Warren, but I think Tilghman, with home field advantage, will pull out a close one 14 - 7. Also, there is a rumor that LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe,( has D1 offer from UK or Vandy) might play in this game for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks. He could be a game changer.. Should be one of the best games this week.