Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013-14 top boys 6th grade basketball teams
I thought I would start a new thread for the new boys basketball year. Who are some of the better teams from around the state?
not seen many of these but northern pulaski, south laurel, corbin, rockcastle, estill co all will have good teams
ky playmaker Wrote:not seen many of these but northern pulaski, south laurel, corbin, rockcastle, estill co all will have good teams

They are good. Seen Estill and Hazard play on the 9th. Hazard won on a last second shot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ky playmaker Wrote:not seen many of these but northern pulaski, south laurel, corbin, rockcastle, estill co all will have good teams
Is South Laurel better than North Laurel? Which one does Cromer play for? I don't know much about Estill.
I forgot about hazard. they are always tough. I will see them this weekend at north tourny. north laurel, south laurel, northern pulaski and hazard are having a round robin
cromer plays for south laurel
joe benton at estill co is one of the best 6th grade guards around
Rockcastle will be very strong...
good day of basketball at north laurel today. northern pulaski handed south laurel their first lose of the young season in a nail bitter. tight game all the way to the wire. northern 57 south 52.game was tied with a min to go. another nail bitter was south laurel and hazard with south pulling this one out by one 52-51 on a pair of fts with 3 seconds left. hazard played northern pulaski and won easy but northern had sent their 4 starters to the 7th grade game or it would have been a good one.
Rock beat Estill 54-42 Thur. night.
Wayne Co. looks to be a pretty good team. They have size and a pretty good point guard.
Corbin 6th grade looks good winning their first 3 games by more than 20.
Matthew Taylor and Alex Birely look good. Corbin has a strong future.
south laurel 6th had two tough games with corbin and rockcastle thursday and friday night. South came away with wins in both.
I heard Clay Co. 6th beat Northern. If that is the case, Clay has to be good.
Clay dont have a 6th. hacker elementary that feeds into clay beat northern by 3 I think. Northern didnt play their top kid till they got down 20 by then it was to much to overcome. Hacker is pretty good. big strong guards and good big. Manchester which feeds into clay also beat hacker in 4 overtimes so clay 7th will be pretty good when they combine next year. South laurel beat manchester at clay by 13 a few weeks ago and beat hacker in a scrimmage. northern beat south laurel in a tourny by 5 i think at first of season. South has a rematch with northern tomorrow night to try and avenge their only lose. It will be tough to do south has a starting guard out with a concussion and center has a sprained ankle
northern pulaski 48 south laurel 46 at northern 6th grade. south had trouble getting going with only 14 pts a halftime. good game
I am hearing Boyle Co. has a good 6th grade team.
boyle co is really good. My boy plays aau some with a kid on boyle. He can flat out play