Pikeville 26

For Belfry:

Ryan Jessie 10 pts
Braxton Miller 9 pts
Isaiah Roblee 8 pts

For Pikeville:

Wyatt Battaile 12 pts
Jose Childers 6 pts

*John's Creek forfeited so this was the only game played.

Pool C Seeding
1. Belfry
2. Pikeville
3. Belfry "B" will replace Johns Creek in the bracket

Results from Valley Elementary

Pool B Results

Game #1
Paintsville 30
Mullins 24

Game #2
Valley 50
Paintsville 29

Game #3
Mullins forfeited to Valley

Pool B Seeding
1. Valley
2. Paintsville
3. Mullins

Matchups for Wednesday Night
6:00 at Dorton--Mullins vs Millard
7:10 at Dorton--Dorton vs Belfry "B"
8:20 at Dorton--Mullins/Millard winner vs Belfry

5:30 at Valley Elementary--Whitesburg vs Paintsville
Pikeville forfeited to Valley (Valley advances to final 4 on Thursday at Dorton)
I have never seen so many coaches in girl's and boy's basketball cancel or forfeit in my life. Its unprofessional... Its part of coaching to take the lumps when you are down. You can learn a lot from it. I question a person's character that will just refuse to play teams.
Valley girls had 12 games cancelled this year and it really hurt them not getting to play. Valley and Dorton were good because of hard work during the off season. If teams do not want to lose they should do the same.
hootie Wrote:I have never seen so many coaches in girl's and boy's basketball cancel or forfeit in my life. Its unprofessional... Its part of coaching to take the lumps when you are down. You can learn a lot from it. I question a person's character that will just refuse to play teams.

Agree it should be about the kids. Yes you will take your lumps, but teams can learn from these earlier games. Hopefully somebody will address this in the proper way.
hootie Wrote:I have never seen so many coaches in girl's and boy's basketball cancel or forfeit in my life. Its unprofessional... Its part of coaching to take the lumps when you are down. You can learn a lot from it. I question a person's character that will just refuse to play teams.

Could not agree more...when things are going good no problem ... when things are going bad is when kids learn about adversity and how to handle...best time to teach is when times are tough.....kids need to know ANYONE can be average...It takes a lot of work to be special,.

Might want to question the character of your own coaches and some of their past actions before you start casting your stones.
Sounds like excuses to me....
Hey folks, I'm digging for some insight here. Does anyone know why Mullins wouldn't play? I've always liked Coach May, wouldn't think he's dodging anyone. But again, I don't know the whole situation, someone fill me in. Thanks.
I think it is hilarious that valley is complaining about ppl canceling but he has a history of doing the same thing. It's okay if valley does it I guess....lmao