Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Basketball
how does everyone think powell co will do this year with their new coach....coach lively
I think they will have an excellent season...dont be suprised if you see them cutting the nets down at LCC.
Yep..no doubt in my mind that the Pirates will be taking home alot of hardware this year. I'll be there for it..count on that!!!
With Lively as head coach the Pirates will definately be a team to watch out for. The conditioning he has these boys doing is tough, but will pay off in the long run. I've seen them outside running in the heat of the day, so they will definately be able to get up and down the floor quick this year.
Ryan Romans- very strong in the paint, very hard to stop because of his strength, very strong on the boards

Jantzen Merriman- good 3 point shooter, also has a quick shot.

Josh Pelfrey- can penetrate easily, good defender, good shooter, good role player

Danny Dennis- excellent 3 point shooter as well as free throw shooter.

David Johnson- smart player, great leading skills, handles pressure well, doesnt shoot often, but a great free throw shooter.

Jeremy Banks- very strong on the boards, has some great moves in the paint.

Jon Skidmore- good ball handler, quick, and able to get to hole easily, can shoot the 3.
Also...

Kinser- Great shooter, handles pressure well, can penetrate and score in the paint also.

Martin- Good rebounder, can handle the ball, Can score under the basket pretty well also.

Sebey- Good rebounder, good at doing the little things(taking charges, diving after the ball).

Adams- Showed great improvement from last season, Great rebounder and shot blocker, can score in the paint also.
Powell will be one of the best conditioned teams in the region this year. They will do alot of pushing the ball this season. Should have some very fast paced games this year.
Yea i agree with good4three.. Powell will be in the best condition in the 14th region, i have heard that coach lively has been working there tails off. I cant wait to see Powell in action
ALSO....

Chase Friel- Great defensive player, hard to go around him, has improved from last season, can get to the bucket pretty good.

Chase Southwood- Great three point shooter, His shot as improved alot over the years. Pretty good passer as well.
You all have said it for me!!! I see powell's team going far.Just hope they can stick it together this year, and make sure they stick it out in the 4th quarter..i watched a few slip away from them last year in some BIG games.Lee and Estill both.
I think powell will have an excellent year! They are returning everyone of their starters who are a very talented group of players, and they will be having a very talented bench. They have a great point guard who can handle the ball well, and has a good shot though he rarely shoots, A powerhouse center who can hardly ever be stopped & they also have many excellent 3 point and free throw shooters. Their defense is tough as well. Powell will be a hard team to beat this year.
LuckyCharms Wrote:Yea i agree with good4three.. Powell will be in the best condition in the 14th region, i have heard that coach lively has been working there tails off. I cant wait to see Powell in action

Umm, the coach isnt allowed to be working their tails off this early in the school year. All that the coach is allowed to do is open the gym and let them play. No instruction or anything yet.... How is he working their tails off?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I heard SEAN RYAN was a good mascott too...Maybe people would want to know about him about as much as Powell County's players.
Godspeed Wrote:Yep..no doubt in my mind that the Pirates will be taking home alot of hardware this year. I'll be there for it..count on that!!!

YEAH as the Mascott!!!:Cheerlead Go PIRATES
14th Champ Wrote:YEAH as the Mascott!!!:Cheerlead Go PIRATES
YOU KNOW IT CHAMP>>WHOOOOTongueirateSho :Cheerlead LOL
Several years ago, in the 70's our school was playing in a regional tournament , we didn't have a band. Powell Co did. They had got to know our cheerleaders at camp, so their band played for our team. I will always remember that. I wish you well Powell Co.
14th Champ Wrote:I heard SEAN RYAN was a good mascott too...Maybe people would want to know about him about as much as Powell County's players.

Yah, someone told he was possibly the best mascot in the 14th region. Just something I heard I, check out the cheerleading section something might be there.
[B]Sean is the best Mascott duh!