Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL Pike Central 75 Morgan Co 28
Brad Elkins ties the KHSAA State record with 6 TD receptions in the game and QB Mac Justice throws for 7 TD's and rushes for 1 for a total of 8 TD's in the game.:flame:
Hawks soar to victory. Justice can fling the ball.
Congrats to pike central!!
I just really want to go to Breathitt Co and get a W to get over that hump. I know that the following week would be a tough tough game at Belfry but after how Pike Central played against the Pirates a couple of weeks ago it would be one heck of a game IMO.
Another great game by the Justice & Elkins combo, Central needs to work on that run defense this week, if they are going to have hopes to travel to Pond Creek for round three! The Hawks are solid on offense, but to make a deep run, they have got to focus on their defense! Congrats on the win in round one, and the effort to reduce your turnovers, now let's play the next game all four quarters! Don't worry about Belfry just yet, take it one game at a time, or it could be basketball season before you know it!
Things looked very bleak, very quickly for Pike Central.

2 offensive plays for Morgan County, 2 long TD runs by Kody Thornsberry and it was 14-0 before you knew it.

I give that kid alot of credit, he's small...but very elusive and tough to take down. Great career.

But PC finally woke up and they woke up in a big, big way...I believe that is the most points Pike Central has ever put up in a game.

Big congratulations to Brad Elkins for tying the state record for TD receptions with 6...and he's only a junior folks.

But as peytonplace mentioned, Pike Central really, really needs to work on their run defense. It's been Pike Central's kryptonite all season long.
I guess when you have to take a long bus ride to Pike Central, you get 70 hung on you Confusednicker:
Does anyone have Mac Justice numbers in this game? I know a lot of time you see a QB have his passing yards padded by the yac, but Mac had "Several" LONG, throws in this one...
J-Rod Wrote:Things looked very bleak, very quickly for Pike Central.

2 offensive plays for Morgan County, 2 long TD runs by Kody Thornsberry and it was 14-0 before you knew it.

I give that kid alot of credit, he's small...but very elusive and tough to take down. Great career.

But PC finally woke up and they woke up in a big, big way...I believe that is the most points Pike Central has ever put up in a game.

Big congratulations to Brad Elkins for tying the state record for TD receptions with 6...and he's only a junior folks.

But as peytonplace mentioned, Pike Central really, really needs to work on their run defense. It's been Pike Central's kryptonite all season long.
Yeah, big congrats to Brad! He was actually a man-child in this game! Not only did he put on a show with his break away speed to get behind the Cougar defenders....he was a terror on defense! I guess you could say 3/4 of the world is covered by water, and the other 1/4 is covered by Brad! Great game Brad, bring it next week as well!,
I think MAC JUSTICE threw for 343 yards and 7 TD's threw the air. Rushed for 81 yards on the ground and 1 TD for a grand total of 424 total yards of offense and 8 total TD's
I'm not Surprise :Cheerlead
The Justice to Elkins connection, could carry the hawks on their backs deep in the playoffs.
Morgan went with 18 kids. Morgan had as many out as they did dressed. Pike sets records on a team that dressed 18 kids.
Anybody that was there knows this is a fact.
BIG MAN to see a team that is down and pour it on. Morgan had 1 guy, count 1 and Pike couldn't stop 1 guy. But that 1 guy couldn't stop all 11 of Pike Centrals.
Starting qb-OUT, starting rb-OUT, starting center-OUT. Thornsberry could not beat Pike Central by himself but he tried with every ounce in him.
Morgan had 2 corners that had to fill in that hadn't started all year. Pike ran fade routes ALL NIGHT and absolutely wiped Morgan out.
Morgan's corners looked like they had never played a down of football.
Tired of hearing excuses every time Morgan loses. How many was out when when PCC beat you at Morgan?
Having to replace scoreboard at Pike Central. They burnt it up with 75 points.
F.N.L. Wrote:Morgan went with 18 kids. Morgan had as many out as they did dressed. Pike sets records on a team that dressed 18 kids.
Anybody that was there knows this is a fact.
BIG MAN to see a team that is down and pour it on. Morgan had 1 guy, count 1 and Pike couldn't stop 1 guy. But that 1 guy couldn't stop all 11 of Pike Centrals.
Starting qb-OUT, starting rb-OUT, starting center-OUT. Thornsberry could not beat Pike Central by himself but he tried with every ounce in him.
Morgan had 2 corners that had to fill in that hadn't started all year. Pike ran fade routes ALL NIGHT and absolutely wiped Morgan out.
Morgan's corners looked like they had never played a down of football.

Jtown Wrote:Tired of hearing excuses every time Morgan loses. How many was out when when PCC beat you at Morgan?

I don't read F.N.L.'s post as an excuse.. he is stating some facts.
I was at this game so I know this to be true.

Fact #1 Morgan brought 26 players to this game... 9 of them were on the sidelines injured. that left 17 players dressed to play this game.
Fact #2 Starting QB- OUT , Starting RB -OUT, Starting Center -OUT, Starting TE/Linebacker -OUT , Kicker -OUT, with 4 other back up players OUT.

Now, I am not making excuses either, it was a hard fought game and I think Morgans kids played as well as they could given the situation they were put in. They had to play the hand they were dealt and I don't think they have anything to hang their heads about. Thornsberry played his heart out like he always does and it was very hard for Pike Central to stop him, but again, it is hard for 1 player to try to take everyone else on. Morgan knew this would be a tough team because they had played them earlier in the season and PCC had won.(To answer your question Jtown, Morgan played with 6 players out in that game)

That being said, I am sure that PCC knew that these players were out and they capitalized on it... the score was 75-28... my only questions would be.. why not take your starters out?(I am sure you want everybody healthy to play Breathitt) and why run the score up? unless it was just a way to try to humiliate these kids from Morgan.. and that would be a shame.

I wish PCC good luck this Friday night and the rest of the way through the playoffs.
Morgan Co's best player played there starting RB Thornsberry. They beat them earlier this season 69-28 at Morgan Co basically the same score with all of there players so why no outcry about that game ? For someone who was at the game you must not have any knowledge of who there best players are or you would have known this lil tidbit of info.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Morgan Co's best player played there starting RB Thornsberry. They beat them earlier this season 69-28 at Morgan Co basically the same score with all of there players so why no outcry about that game ? For someone who was at the game you must not have any knowledge of who there best players are or you would have known this lil tidbit of info.

I was at this game and believe me... I KNOW who their best players are... probably much better than you (unless you are one of Morgans coaches, which I do not think you are)) You obviously did not read my post correctly, because I commented about Thornsberry playing. Why would I comment on his playing if I had listed him as being out???:eyeroll: I was talking about the Henry kid being the RB who was out... I can also list you the first and last names , #'s and grade of the other players who were out if needed!! As you can see, sportsguru4u , I seem to know more than you do about this particular team...
I'm not having any outcry about this game or the previous one, I was just stating the facts and I sincerely wish PCC good luck this week.. YOU are the one who seems to have a burr under his saddle!!
blue rainbow Wrote:I don't read F.N.L.'s post as an excuse.. he is stating some facts.
I was at this game so I know this to be true.

Fact #1 Morgan brought 26 players to this game... 9 of them were on the sidelines injured. that left 17 players dressed to play this game.
Fact #2 Starting QB- OUT , Starting RB -OUT, Starting Center -OUT, Starting TE/Linebacker -OUT , Kicker -OUT, with 4 other back up players OUT.

Now, I am not making excuses either, it was a hard fought game and I think Morgans kids played as well as they could given the situation they were put in. They had to play the hand they were dealt and I don't think they have anything to hang their heads about. Thornsberry played his heart out like he always does and it was very hard for Pike Central to stop him, but again, it is hard for 1 player to try to take everyone else on. Morgan knew this would be a tough team because they had played them earlier in the season and PCC had won.(To answer your question Jtown, Morgan played with 6 players out in that game)

That being said, I am sure that PCC knew that these players were out and they capitalized on it... the score was 75-28... my only questions would be.. why not take your starters out?(I am sure you want everybody healthy to play Breathitt) and why run the score up? unless it was just a way to try to humiliate these kids from Morgan.. and that would be a shame.

I wish PCC good luck this Friday night and the rest of the way through the playoffs.

You were crying saying that they did the best in the situation they were put in haha That is an EXCUSE also about how PCC took advantage of them because they were shorthanded for the game. haha PCC beat them 69-28 when they were all healthy no excuses. Crying about not taking our starters out. All the starters stayed in for so long because PCC has had a problem putting two half's together all season long. They did that to get over a mental hump. Your team kept going for it and leaving PCC with a 25 yard field to play with in the 4th that is your coaches fault. Punt the ball. No one ran the score up hell they took a knee on the extra point after a back up rb broke for the last TD scored. All your FACTS are excuses. They all played earlier this season when PCC beat the brakes off of Morgan Co 69-28 so don't act like they being there would have changed anything. Also just because you say and I am not making up excuses haha means that its true clearly your list you created is nothing but excuses. Crying saying PCC ran the score up when they score 6 points more this time then in the earlier matchup is ludicrous. People like you make me sick :lmao:
For the record, once Pike Central got the running clock they took out some of their starters.

Mac did stay in the whole game, but he kept handing off to our 2nd & 3rd string RB's.
Hard for anyone at Morgan to complain about running up the score. Didn't they put 90+ on someone in a scrimmage this summer?
sportsguru4u Wrote:You were crying saying that they did the best in the situation they were put in haha That is an EXCUSE also about how PCC took advantage of them because they were shorthanded for the game. haha PCC beat them 69-28 when they were all healthy no excuses. Crying about not taking our starters out. All the starters stayed in for so long because PCC has had a problem putting two half's together all season long. They did that to get over a mental hump. Your team kept going for it and leaving PCC with a 25 yard field to play with in the 4th that is your coaches fault. Punt the ball. No one ran the score up hell they took a knee on the extra point after a back up rb broke for the last TD scored. All your FACTS are excuses. They all played earlier this season when PCC beat the brakes off of Morgan Co 69-28 so don't act like they being there would have changed anything. Also just because you say and I am not making up excuses haha means that its true clearly your list you created is nothing but excuses. Crying saying PCC ran the score up when they score 6 points more this time then in the earlier matchup is ludicrous. People like you make me sick :lmao:

sportsguru4u... Whew!!! you are really testy!! F.N.L. had a post and I comment on it .. not agreeing with everything he said, but just explaining/clarifying for those that were not at the game, and YOU go BALLISTIC... accusing me of "crying"... I have given nothing but compliments to this PCC team!! I am not making excuses for PCC winning. They are a very good team and their players showed a lot of class in this game. And I commend them for that!! (this is a compliment , in case you don't know what that is)) I never said anything about... if Morgan had all of their players that it might have been different... YOU insinuated that!! All I stated was the facts to back up what F.N.L. stated in his post about how many kids Morgan had to play this game with and how many starters they had out. And you need to get your information straight, the first time PCC and Morgan played, there were some starters that did not play in that game also ... again, not making excuses, I'm not saying it would have made a huge difference, I am just stating the facts. Lighten up man!!:biglmao:
Congratulations to PCC on a great year and the win. I have coached against Coach Turner and Morgan Co. Coach Turner is a stand up guy and his teams always give it all they got. No matter how many kids they brought to this game I know they gave it their best despite the score. He is a built a solid program. I enjoyed him praying with both teams at the end of our game this year, and sharing an encouraging word with our kids, that is what High School football is about, building up kids no matter who they play for, and he did that, our kids remembered his words as the season went on - it encouraged them, thanks Coach T!

I wish him and his boys the best in the off season!