Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler 48 - Ryle 14 Final
Final from Shivley
Worst offensive play calling I've seen in a long time.
Since the last Ryle game you saw.
raiderjack Wrote:Since the last Ryle game you saw.

Yes! So true
I'm out of town for the weekend, curious as to who played QB for Ryle tonight?
Who started?
Well Vince Jarvis the FULLBACK started at QB actually. Ran the same play 7 times up the guy got a 1st down. Then threw an incomplete bomb (fullback)

The England (WR/HB) came in they ran the same option play 4 straight times then did a reverse to Hill. Then Ran the ball another billion times. Then before half threw a nice pass to Arnwine for 15 yards.

Then second half they threw the ball a lot more but it was already a running clock and against Butlers JV. England didn't look bad at QB but needs work if he plans to be QB next year.

I still stand by what I said in 7 on 7. Brandt is best QB on the roster. If he doesn't make the right calls spend the whole offseason working with him and Colin and Ohara. Rytlewski is not the answer nor is Pog.

Defense was burned on some big plays but really only have up 21 points.
21 were scored off 3 fumbles from England and 1 was off a decision to go for it on 4th and 14.

Also butlers scores were on plays if greater than 30 yards.
Id like to say thank you to this years Seniors. You guys played hard down the stretch and will be great men. Ryan Hill gave everything he had on every play this season despite being the smallest player on the field most of the time. He is outstanding and I wish him the best of luck in track this season.
Congrats to Butler.
Butler will get handled by Campbell County from what I saw tonight. Anyone that watches the game film will see the same thing
Butler 48, Ryle 14: The Bears (9-2) put up 41 points in the first half and dominated the visiting Raiders (2-9) in Class 6-A Region Two. Tayvaughn Morton caught four passes for 95 yards and scored three touchdowns. Quarterback William Johnson completed six passes for 144 yards and Joe Brown ran for 95 yards and a touchdown for Butler. Collin England had 15 carries for 126 yards and one TD for Ryle.

Ryle 0 0 7 7 - 14
Butler 21 20 0 7 - 48

B - Brown 85 run (Miles kick); B - Morton 39 pass from Johnson (Miles kick); B - Palmer fumble recovery (Miles kick); B - Blanks 41 yard fumble return (Cooper pass from Turk); B - Morton 29 from Johnson (Miles kick); B - Morton 23 from Johnson (Miles kick); R - England 64 run (Baudin kick); R - McGregor 2 run (Baudin kick); B - Hines 46 run (Miles kick).

Ryle Butler
Total yards 237 208
First downs 15 7
Rushes-yds. 35-185 11-164
Comp-Att-Int 5-9-0 6-9-0
Passing yards 52 144
Fumbles-lost 4-3 0-0
Penalties-yds. 3-35 8-80
Punts-avg. 2-32 2-32

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...-boxscores
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Well Vince Jarvis the FULLBACK started at QB actually. Ran the same play 7 times up the guy got a 1st down. Then threw an incomplete bomb (fullback)

The England (WR/HB) came in they ran the same option play 4 straight times then did a reverse to Hill. Then Ran the ball another billion times. Then before half threw a nice pass to Arnwine for 15 yards.

Then second half they threw the ball a lot more but it was already a running clock and against Butlers JV. England didn't look bad at QB but needs work if he plans to be QB next year.

I still stand by what I said in 7 on 7. Brandt is best QB on the roster. If he doesn't make the right calls spend the whole offseason working with him and Colin and Ohara. Rytlewski is not the answer nor is Pog.

Defense was burned on some big plays but really only have up 21 points.
21 were scored off 3 fumbles from England and 1 was off a decision to go for it on 4th and 14.

Also butlers scores were on plays if greater than 30 yards.

I think you have some valid points but you are way off on the QB performance last night. That was an abomination. Neither kid should ever play QB again. This program needs an offensive mind to take over. Every offensive coach on the staff with the exception of one came from the defensive side of the ball. They are pretty good defensive coaches but awful offensive coaches. We need someone who can propel this offense into the future. Unfortunately that person is not on this staff.
Raiderforlife Wrote:I think you have some valid points but you are way off on the QB performance last night. That was an abomination. Neither kid should ever play QB again. This program needs an offensive mind to take over. Every offensive coach on the staff with the exception of one came from the defensive side of the ball. They are pretty good defensive coaches but awful offensive coaches. We need someone who can propel this offense into the future. Unfortunately that person is not on this staff.

Well that's what I'm saying for A wildcat QB he was pretty decent but at best he will be a Wildcat QB. He would have to go to every QB training camp within 200 miles to be a QB. The still need a QB tabs they need to pick there QB now and spend the next 9 months developing him. This season of switching QBs had proved me right every week. If your coaching/building A QB everyone knows you have to let them get into a rhythm and let them play thru mistakes especially when there is nothing to lose.

You cannot pull a QB and slam another one in that is already in the wrong mindset because he knows if he throws 1 incomplete there ripping him out.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Well that's what I'm saying for A wildcat QB he was pretty decent but at best he will be a Wildcat QB. He would have to go to every QB training camp within 200 miles to be a QB. The still need a QB tabs they need to pick there QB now and spend the next 9 months developing him. This season of switching QBs had proved me right every week. If your coaching/building A QB everyone knows you have to let them get into a rhythm and let them play thru mistakes especially when there is nothing to lose.

You cannot pull a QB and slam another one in that is already in the wrong mindset because he knows if he throws 1 incomplete there ripping him out.

I agree!!! The other issue what are you saying to all the kids at the lower level about their chances to become the future QB. That's why well run organizations have a depth chart. All the kids in the program who are QB's are looking to find another position or sport. This goes to the idea that this coaching staff does not know how to handle a QB. We saw this as far back as Hempel. Nothing has changed.