Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co. at Lexington Catholic 11/8/13
Well, this is our final high school game with a dog in the fight. :Sad04: I don't give the Rockets much of a chance, but, as the old timers say....even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then. From here our family moves on to college football entirely. No more getting up at 3-4am for drives to St. Louis to watch the older son play after returning home from a Friday night game and watching the youngest. The oldest has played games in Arkansas, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Iowa and Wisconsin this season alone and we haven't been able to make one away game yet. Don't know who the youngest boy will sign with, likely the team that the older brother plays for in St. Louis or possibly a team in Cleveland or Pittsburgh or elsewhere. Good luck to both teams tonight between Rockcastle and Catholic, may nobody's child get seriously injured tonight and good luck to whoever your team is that you all root for. :Thumbs:
Papagrit
Good luck PG. This is one Laker fan who's enjoyed watching tor boys play the last few seasons. Who knows, maybe you guys pull the upset and we can watch one more RCHS vs RCHS matchup before you make the full move to Saturday football.
The boys played gamely...hung tough until late into the third when they just wore down. The score was 15-13 at halftime before things snowballed at the end of the third into the fourth. Wound up getting rolled over with two or three turnovers for a very short (25 yard line or less) field for Catholic then for a final score of 50-13.
papagrit Wrote:The boys played gamely...hung tough until late into the third when they just wore down. The score was 15-13 at halftime before things snowballed at the end of the third into the fourth. Wound up getting rolled over with two or three turnovers for a very short (25 yard line or less) field for Catholic then for a final score of 50-13.

I was very impressed with the rockets intensity that they played with last night. They kinda caught Catholic looking ahead. I thought their coaching staff had an excellent game plan...."good game Rockcastle"
I tell you what. From what I heard on the Catholic radio that we listen to here. Rockcastle stood toe to toe with Lex Cath. Even landed a few that gave Lex Cath standing 8 count.... But what does great team do? Regroup, adapt and improvise and attack. GREAT showing Rockets.
Appreciate the kind words for the team fellas. Good luck with the rest of your season. My older son's team won today and get at least a share of their conference championship. One more win could mean an at large NCAA playoff bid for them in Division 3.
Rockcastle played very well in the first half. Except for the Logan run in the first half the game was mostly an aerial affair with both teams relying on the pass.

Bovier and Letton are hard to keep bottled up for a whole game and big plays made the difference. RC had 239 yards passing to LC's 152. That is a very atypical stat.