Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carroll TX High School stadium
I was just driving by this while in Dallas and thought I would share what high school football stadiums look like down here. Just amazing.

[attachment=o2916]

[attachment=o2917]

[attachment=o2918]

[attachment=o2919]

[attachment=o2920]
We could have filled it up last week, here in Princeton for the Caldwell County-Mayfield game
These places get filled every week. Less than a mile away is Grapevine High School and looks just like this one.....
Amazing!!!
Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, eat your heart out.
Very nice. That is like a MAC University.
Maxpreps lists them as the 22nd ranked team in the nation.
What usually happens in Texas is the school district has their own centrally located stadium where all the VARSITY football teams play and then at the high school they will have a smaller stadium kind of like a Newport seating capacity where the JV and freshman teams play. It does seem though in the Dallas area more and more high schools are getting their own stadiums. Not sure why it is happening there more often, but it is. It is amazing the amount of money put into these places.

Here is the stadium from my district growing up: http://www.humbleisd.net/Page/161

There are many improvements to it but this now has 5 (I think) schools using it.
Stardust Wrote:These places get filled every week. Less than a mile away is Grapevine High School and looks just like this one.....

No offense Star, but I think this one is even nicer than Campbell Co.s'.
Confusednicker: That's amazing!
Even the small ones in Tx are packed every Friday night. I remember when I played for Riesel, Tx in 8th grade. We were the first team in that school in something like 15 years that had a winning season. You would think there wouldn't be many people there to watch us, but every time we played the stands would be absolutely full. There would be the little kids running around on all sides of the field with their on little football games going on as well.
Texas high school football is in a league of its own as far as facilities are concerned. One of my tasks on my bucket list is to drive down to Odessa, Texas and catch a game at Ratliff Stadium or head east on I-20 over to Midland to check out Grande Communications Stadium. I would also love to see a game at Allen High School. That stadium is something else.
Just imagine being in a state championship game there and get to play on the Dallas Cowboys field. You talk about a bucket list.
mysonis55 Wrote:Just imagine being in a state championship game there and get to play on the Dallas Cowboys field. You talk about a bucket list.

Most Houston kids who make it deep into the playoffs get to play in Reliant Stadium, home of the Texans! Pretty sweet if you ask me.
Must be nice to making six figures while coaching high school football and no teaching responsibilities. Confusednicker:
I think that's why I like mhs so much. The town here thinks of football like all the Tx towns. It is like religion around here. We literally have people that schedule very important matters in their lives for times that will not interfere with football.
I know kids in NKY that have played in Paul Brown Stadium a couple times. Big thrill for them.
It would be nice to have NFL in Ky.
I actually know a guy here in Central Kentucky that played his HS football career in Texas. He said to me, "everyone hears of towns shutting down for a football game, but they literally shut down my whole town for a high school football game, every game".
I think they were just talking yesterday, about building a 65 million dollar high school stadium in Texas on espn. Must be nice to have that kind of money.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:I think they were just talking yesterday, about building a 65 million dollar high school stadium in Texas on espn. Must be nice to have that kind of money.

Here it is: http://photographyblog.dallasnews.com/20...ck_check=1

They have 5,300 students
While you are in Dallas go have Dinner at Javier's... so good

http://javiers.net/

I had the Filete Cantinflas and wish I could go back to have ti again HAHA
Money well spent!
18,000 seats, here's to putting butts in them to pay off a $65 million bond.

Welcome to Rome in TX!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Boyle, he aint lying. That is how serious it is. In tx it is football and rodeo.
I just wish a lot of fields in ky just had decent visiter seating and something other than a porta potty for crying out loud
Amen brother.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:While you are in Dallas go have Dinner at Javier's... so good

http://javiers.net/

I had the Filete Cantinflas and wish I could go back to have ti again HAHA

EKU, I just might make it there. Monday, a group that I am visiting took me to the small strip mall that was in what looked like a very rough area, and not someplace anyone in suits would visit. It was this very small Mexican diner that ROCKED. Best Mexican food I have ever ate! I knew it was going to be good when all the customers were Mexican! Most authentic I have ever had!
FYI - I just found out that the Allen Field is only 20 minutes from where I am staying. I am going to try to drive out there tomorrow to check out this $60M facility. I was also told that it pales in comparison to other facilities in the state. There is a HS field in San Antonio that is used my a few public schools that holds 23,000.....
^
Thats crazy!
They fill them too. Some people have to fight just to get tickets to watch their own kids play.