Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd vs. Even years - Playoffs travel vs. home
Can someone shed some light on this? Are the mountain teams home this year or is it a travel year? I know if sertan scenarios play out some mountain teams could have home field throughout.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Travel year in the sense "odd" hosts.

EX:
District 7 Hosts District 8
Region 3 Hosts Region 4

Considering District and Regions typically move from West to East by and large it is safe to assume everything moves West.
Ok, so If per say Bourbon beats Mason, Mason being the higher seed, would Bourbon or host the State-Semi's? Is there any scenario that Belfry could host past the first round?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Ok, so If per say Bourbon beats Mason, Mason being the higher seed, would Bourbon or host the State-Semi's

Bourbon has homefield advantage as long as they win as they are in Region 3, District 5

If Mason wins...they would have homefield advantage since Region 3 hosts Region 4.

Even if you had a 1 seed Belfry advance to play a 3 seed Estill County... Estill County would host since they are Region 3
BelfryPride Wrote:Ok, so If per say Bourbon beats Mason, Mason being the higher seed, would Bourbon or host the State-Semi's? Is there any scenario that Belfry could host past the first round?

There is no way for Belfry to host the Semi's...but they could forseeably host the first 3 rounds... the first two rounds are guaranteed to be at Belfry as long as they win.

Round 1 they are the higher seed
Round 2 they are the higher seed
Round 3 they would travel to 1 seed Breathitt if they win... but if anyone other than Breathitt wins they travel to Belfry since Belfry is the higher seed.

Semi-Finals are the only round that seeding doesn't take precedence. Guaranteed to be hosted by Region 3 winner.
Thanks for your help. I knew you would know. I am trying to make travel plans for the playoffs and this helps alot! Thanks EKU!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No problem
Odd year 2013 odd district get home game 1,3,5,7
Williamsburg plays at Home until someone beats them :welcome: to Williamsburg, Jenkins,Pineville,Hazard and who know Pikeville,Raceland,or paintsville Confusedhh: