Poll: Who do you think will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nelson County
75.00%
Spencer County
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spencer County @ Nelson County 11/8 (4A Playoffs)
#3 Spencer County (6-4) at #2 Nelson County (7-3)

7:30 PM

These two teams met in the first round of the playoffs last year with Nelson County winning 56-14. Will the outcome be different this year?
Nelson County by a bunch.
Spencer County in an upset.
I think Spencer has gotten better as the season has progressed. I expect the game to be close. They have some young talent that has progressed nicely. The main question is will they be able to score enough.
groundattack Wrote:I think Spencer has gotten better as the season has progressed. I expect the game to be close. They have some young talent that has progressed nicely. The main question is will they be able to score enough.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Spencer County has a good running game, but I don't know if it can put up enough points to beat Nelson County. Nelson County will score, will Spencer County be able to keep up with them?
One thing about Spencer is they can control the game and grind the clock. They are very good at limiting possessions during the game. If SC doesn't turn it over they will be in the game. They can frustrate teams by holding the ball and grinding the clock. I think this has the makings of a great game.
groundattack Wrote:One thing about Spencer is they can control the game and grind the clock. They are very good at limiting possessions during the game. If SC doesn't turn it over they will be in the game. They can frustrate teams by holding the ball and grinding the clock. I think this has the makings of a great game.

That is true. They will certainly have to control the time of possession to be able to pull out the win. This is definitely one of the best first round matchups in 4A.
This is a good matchup. Don't think Spencer can score 21 points and that isn't enough to win.
How good is nelson's defense?
They are not good at all...Nelson doesn't even practice defense (well like 30 minutes a week) and it shows.
Does Nelson county have any open dates next season ?
Tommy2tone Wrote:This is a good matchup. Don't think Spencer can score 21 points and that isn't enough to win.

7-of-10 Nelson County opponents this year scored at least 20.

Nelson scored at least 33 points in all 3 of its losses. When you score 33, you should win those games.

Bullitt East ran for 458 yards on Nelson.
A so-so Doss team had 165 rushing AND 165 passing against Nelson.
A 1-9 Valley team had 297 yards total against Nelson.
Spencer gave up 398 to bullitt east. However no team has went over 400 yards on their defense. Collins had 100 rushing and 229 passing. Shelby ran for over 200, north oldham was held under 200 yards rushing. Very interesting matchup, neither team has a standout win. Nelson beat a 6 win doss team and Spencer beat a 6 win Henry team. Give Nelson advantage there but the Spencer loss to Collins may be the best game either has played. I know Nelson had their way in the scrimmage but I think this will be a good game.
NC
groundattack Wrote:Spencer gave up 398 to bullitt east. However no team has went over 400 yards on their defense. Collins had 100 rushing and 229 passing. Shelby ran for over 200, north oldham was held under 200 yards rushing. Very interesting matchup, neither team has a standout win. Nelson beat a 6 win doss team and Spencer beat a 6 win Henry team. Give Nelson advantage there but the Spencer loss to Collins may be the best game either has played. I know Nelson had their way in the scrimmage but I think this will be a good game.

Best game either has played?
I am sure you are saying the Best game spencer has played was against collins. If you think that was Collins best game of the year you havn't seen the last 4 games that they have played.
Didn't say anything about how Collins played. I said the game Spencer played against Collins was probably the best game played by either Nelson or Spencer during the year. Although it was a loss, and I do agree Collins is playing better.
groundattack Wrote:Didn't say anything about how Collins played. I said the game Spencer played against Collins was probably the best game played by either Nelson or Spencer during the year. Although it was a loss, and I do agree Collins is playing better.

Gotcha, Not sure about nelson...havn't seen anything of them except some of their scores and schedule.

By looking at that, I would have to agree with your statment.