Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Oh Where Will The Fairview Kids Go?
Pretty self explanitory, any thoughts or rumors?
I am from Raceland an I do not like Fairview at all but posts like this are ridiculous. Why do you feel the need to kick them while they are down? No one really knows all of the true facts surrounding this case and everything is just hearsay and rumors. Right now the only facts that are know are there was one player who was proven to be ineligible but played anyway, people lost their jobs, and Fairview missed the post season as a result. If their kids stay great and if they leave then that opens up a position for someone else. The real tragedy here is that there is an unofficial 9-1 team that is missing the playoffs and people like you are worried about gossiping about high school kids staying at a school system.
Sorry I dont feel sorry for Fairview in this situation. When you steal from the state by receiving funds for out of district students, play an ineligable player because youre so arrogant you decided not to even check the paper work I dont have any remorse for you or your program. On the flip side, there are some very talented kids and was just wondering if anyone had heard about where they may be going. I cant see a lot of them staying for a program in such shambles. Theyve already shown they arent interested in Fairview by removing their F from the helmets. I think its an opportunity for the kids to move to another program and get away from the filth that surrounds that program right now. Imagine if Raceland reloaded with some of those lineman, or Russell gaining a kid like King. How about Ashland getting the Gobel kids to block for Baker? Just wondering if anybody has heard any rumblings about where they may land.
There is no legitimate reason for them to go anywhere. Fairview faces no real punishment after this football season that would trigger any reason/excuse for athletes to transfer. In reality, probation is immaterial to the future of Fairview's football program. The punishment does not effect the future whatsoever.

If an athlete seeks to transfer from Fairview, he/she must do so in accordance with the rules of KHSAA. A proposed transfer from Fairview would be no different at this time than a transfer from Raceland or Ashland.

Now, that is assuming that KHSAA applies an objective standard rather than a subjective standard. There is no justifiable basis for KHSAA to subjectively grant "waivers" as it did a couple of years ago. If it does so, Fairview should vigorously oppose the practice.
How come HHS didn't get kicked around like this for playing an ineligible player a few years back?
Club17 Wrote:Sorry I dont feel sorry for Fairview in this situation. When you steal from the state by receiving funds for out of district students, play an ineligable player because youre so arrogant you decided not to even check the paper work I dont have any remorse for you or your program. On the flip side, there are some very talented kids and was just wondering if anyone had heard about where they may be going. I cant see a lot of them staying for a program in such shambles. Theyve already shown they arent interested in Fairview by removing their F from the helmets. I think its an opportunity for the kids to move to another program and get away from the filth that surrounds that program right now. Imagine if Raceland reloaded with some of those lineman, or Russell gaining a kid like King. How about Ashland getting the Gobel kids to block for Baker? Just wondering if anybody has heard any rumblings about where they may land.

The point that I was trying to make was that they were only punished for one ineligible player and that is the only allegation that is based on factually supported evidence. I believe there is much more that has been going on but like most who have merely speculated about this situation I do not know enough about the actual facts surrounding the situation to make an informed opinion. I believe that the punishment was fair but it still must be hard for the players who had high aspirations coming into this season to see thing end like this. This should prove to be a good learning experience for everyone about what happens when you do not follow the rules. My biggest problem about the original issue in this post is now surrounding schools are going to try to pick the players from Fairview's team and do exactly the same thing that everyone complained about Fairview doing.
Truth Wrote:There is no legitimate reason for them to go anywhere. Fairview faces no real punishment after this football season that would trigger any reason/excuse for athletes to transfer. In reality, probation is immaterial to the future of Fairview's football program. The punishment does not effect the future whatsoever.

If an athlete seeks to transfer from Fairview, he/she must do so in accordance with the rules of KHSAA. A proposed transfer from Fairview would be no different at this time than a transfer from Raceland or Ashland.

Now, that is assuming that KHSAA applies an objective standard rather than a subjective standard. There is no justifiable basis for KHSAA to subjectively grant "waivers" as it did a couple of years ago. If it does so, Fairview should vigorously oppose the practice.

If you are living under the assumption that all of their current players are playing legally then I agree but that isn't the case. With the probation hanging over a new coach, AD, principle, and super I would think that there will be no grey areas.
The biggest problem I had about the entire thing was the money being given to the school system that it didnt deserve. Is recruiting wrong? Of course but we all arent ignorant enough to think it doesnt happen. I was more so looking to discuss what could be if the talent were to leave, which I honestly see happening.
Leaping Lee Wrote:If you are living under the assumption that all of their current players are playing legally then I agree but that isn't the case. With the probation hanging over a new coach, AD, principle, and super I would think that there will be no grey areas.

Since the punishment has been imposed, I would assume that KHSAA has closed the books on Fairview for the present. If there are illegal players there, and I don't doubt that there are, Fairview would be wise to exclude them from future athletic participation.

If the players choose to transfer, they will still be under the same rules as any other transfer from any other school. There is no justifiable reason for a "free pass" from Fairview. Of course, if the athlete actually moves to a new venue, depending upon the real reason for the move, he/she may be eligible at the new school. And, of course, those who "matriculated" from West Virginia can merely officially return home. On the other hand, a move from Millseat to Raceland, Russell, or Ashland would and should be viewed with suspicious eyes by KHSAA. Of course, as I said earlier, KHSAA does, on occasion, have a tendency to be subjective rather than objective. It is like George Orwell wrote in his prophetic book, Animal Farm, "All animals (schools) are created equal but some are more equal than are others".
The walk-ons will all stay.
If the talent leaves, which will most likely happen, then Fairview will likely go back to being a doormat program again. I don't want to see then turn into a bad team again but that would likely happen if Fairview's "imported" played left.
If they claim hostile environment, which is possible and justified by you saying they shouldnt be allowed to participate at Fairview next year, then I can see them all leaving and contributing right away somewhere else.

How about King and Messer spread out around Elkins? Goble and Gobel in front of Baker, or King opposite Baker? How about Cody McPeek dominating the middle in Russells defense? Or King and Conley in the Red Devil backfield?

All kinds of possibilities out there, especially in a world where kids dont want to compete they want to team up with other good players. Just thinking about the possibilities.
Club17 Wrote:If they claim hostile environment, which is possible and justified by you saying they shouldnt be allowed to participate at Fairview next year, then I can see them all leaving and contributing right away somewhere else.

How about King and Messer spread out around Elkins? Goble and Gobel in front of Baker, or King opposite Baker? How about Cody McPeek dominating the middle in Russells defense? Or King and Conley in the Red Devil backfield?

All kinds of possibilities out there, especially in a world where kids dont want to compete they want to team up with other good players. Just thinking about the possibilities.

The "hostile environment" spin is indefensible and strictly subjective. Where is the "hostile environment"? How can one define "hostile environment" in a conclusive manner?

KHSAA, mainly through one of its assistant commissioners, has set a terribly subjective precedent in creating a strictly "pick and choose" standard called by many "hostile environment". Could it happen in regard to Fairview? Certainly. However, it would be another example of abuse and bias by KHSAA.

KHSAA needs to use strictly objective standards. When it determines eligibility on intangibles with no factual evidence, it is applying the words of Orwell. That is dangerous but does reveal the fact that KHSAA finds some to be more equal than others.
After speaking to players , & the parents most have stated they are staying since no ban on playoffs past this season . Most of the coaching staff will stay intact as well . Of course both McPeeks are gone , & so will Kyle McKinght , but rest say they are staying . Only stipulation of players staying or going is that alot said they would leave if Rex Cooksey is named coach . Even Westwood kids/parents said they would refuse to play for him or the parents said they wouldnt let their kids play for including mine , but 99% sure who will be the coach since he has already talked to me , & my child....all i have to say is im excited about this person being the new HC . The only kids i know for sure leaving is Cody McPeek , & Caleb McKnight . There is 2 on the fence right now , but after speaking with them they just might stay , & those are Thovson , & Brown
player will stay :Cheerlead
It has been a couple of years or so since I had occasion to review the KHSAA By-Laws dealing with transfers and recruiting. Since I know that unusual and arbitrary exceptions have been allowed from time to time, I thought I should review the applicable by-laws. There is no exception listed for "hostile environment" nor any wording, including in the cited examples of application of the by-laws, that would suggest such an exception.

Of course, I am aware that something such as this subjective nature has been used on occasion. It would appear to be reasonable to conclude that such a baseless finding would not apply to the Fairview situation. In other words, by the letter of the rules, if an athlete wishes to play elsewhere and he/she has played for the varsity in the ninth grade or a higher grade, he/she better have a legitimate move, a family divorce with change due to parental custody, or some other concrete reason. Otherwise, he/she better stay in Millseat. On the other hand, Fairview is in a weakened position so they may well not oppose any transfers. That would be a mistake. Fairview has been punished. Now they need to bow their backs and protect their turf.
Talon Wrote:After speaking to players , & the parents most have stated they are staying since no ban on playoffs past this season . Most of the coaching staff will stay intact as well . Of course both McPeeks are gone , & so will Kyle McKinght , but rest say they are staying . Only stipulation of players staying or going is that alot said they would leave if Rex Cooksey is named coach . Even Westwood kids/parents said they would refuse to play for him or the parents said they wouldnt let their kids play for including mine , but 99% sure who will be the coach since he has already talked to me , & my child....all i have to say is im excited about this person being the new HC . The only kids i know for sure leaving is Cody McPeek , & Caleb McKnight . There is 2 on the fence right now , but after speaking with them they just might stay , & those are Thovson , & Brown

Is the new coach currently coaching in Ohio?
Club17 Wrote:Sorry I dont feel sorry for Fairview in this situation. When you steal from the state by receiving funds for out of district students, play an ineligable player because youre so arrogant you decided not to even check the paper work I dont have any remorse for you or your program. On the flip side, there are some very talented kids and was just wondering if anyone had heard about where they may be going. I cant see a lot of them staying for a program in such shambles. Theyve already shown they arent interested in Fairview by removing their F from the helmets. I think its an opportunity for the kids to move to another program and get away from the filth that surrounds that program right now. Imagine if Raceland reloaded with some of those lineman, or Russell gaining a kid like King. How about Ashland getting the Gobel kids to block for Baker? Just wondering if anybody has heard any rumblings about where they may land.

If you don't feel sorry for the kids at Fairview then you are one really sick and twisted idiot . Do you think it was a conspiracy by the players? What it was were a group of greedy adults that know what right and wrong is and they don't care about it. They should investigate and find the guilty parties and ban them from any school function anywhere for life. Also rec league association or any other sports activities should not be permitted (Kind of a sports offender list). The boys should be able to go where they want for the trouble they endured. If another school in the area benefits from it so be it. The administration has nobody to blame but themselves. Good luck to all the boys.
The kids of Fairview could always use a loophole that is especially well known around the Ashland and Northeastern Kentucky area and that is they can transfer to an Ohio or West Virginia school and attend only one day at said school and they will be eligible when they move to their new Kentucky school immediately as long as they provide a KY address.
LClion4life Wrote:The kids of Fairview could always use a loophole that is especially well known around the Ashland and Northeastern Kentucky area and that is they can transfer to an Ohio or West Virginia school and attend only one day at said school and they will be eligible when they move to their new Kentucky school immediately as long as they provide a KY address.

Can you cite an example of this?
A QB was at Raceland his junior year, transferred to an Ohio school, believe it was Ironton, then immediately transferred to Greenup County and his eligibility was never questioned. Played entire senior year for GC. This was between 2009 and 2010 football seasons.
That rule has since changed from what I understand.
catsallthetime Wrote:If you don't feel sorry for the kids at Fairview then you are one really sick and twisted idiot . Do you think it was a conspiracy by the players? What it was were a group of greedy adults that know what right and wrong is and they don't care about it. They should investigate and find the guilty parties and ban them from any school function anywhere for life. Also rec league association or any other sports activities should not be permitted (Kind of a sports offender list). The boys should be able to go where they want for the trouble they endured. If another school in the area benefits from it so be it. The administration has nobody to blame but themselves. Good luck to all the boys.

At no point did I say I didn't feel bad for the boys. I do not feel bad for the administration or even the parents who sat back and watch/ or participated in the actions. I don't know how you can call me an idiot when you cant even understand a simple post. The kids are not at fault, the adults are and that's exactly what I said. Do I feel bad for Fairview, not one bit. The kids already distanced themselves from that disgusting organization by removing the F from their helmets. The kids are innocent and should be able to leave if they want, by Fairview Im talking about the administration and all responsible for the exploitation of these kids.
LClion4life Wrote:A QB was at Raceland his junior year, transferred to an Ohio school, believe it was Ironton, then immediately transferred to Greenup County and his eligibility was never questioned. Played entire senior year for GC. This was between 2009 and 2010 football seasons.

Wont name names but these facts r correct.
Orange Blaze Wrote:If the talent leaves, which will most likely happen, then Fairview will likely go back to being a doormat program again. I don't want to see then turn into a bad team again but that would likely happen if Fairview's "imported" played left.

I would say most will leave since the people who brought them in will be gone after this year, unless they bring in a high caliber coach. If people think they were playing for the school over the coach then they are very naïve.
Slic Ric Wrote:I would say most will leave since the people who brought them in will be gone after this year, unless they bring in a high caliber coach. If people think they were playing for the school over the coach then they are very naïve.

You don't just get up and leave, enroll at another school, and become eligible. Allegedly you must comply with the rules. There is no "hostile environment" rule and, if there were, it wouldn't and shouldn't apply to the situation at Fairview. The West Virginia boys, of course, can return home- if they really ever left home in the first place. Kentucky boys will need a legitimate move of residence. So, are you assuming that a lot of these families will pick up and move elsewhere? Or, maybe the parents can get a divorce and custody can go to the parent moving to Ashland or Raceland.

If these boys are allowed to "relocate" through some ridiculous subjective ruling by the applicable assistant commissioner, then there is no need for a KHSAA. Just remove the pretense of accountability and let them all go wherever they please.

Of course, I have stated before that I don't find the athletes and their families to be victims. They all knew what was going on and they know that only the tip of the iceberg was revealed. But, as long as the Eagles won, the end justified the means to them- all of them.
Club17 Wrote:At no point did I say I didn't feel bad for the boys. I do not feel bad for the administration or even the parents who sat back and watch/ or participated in the actions. I don't know how you can call me an idiot when you cant even understand a simple post. The kids are not at fault, the adults are and that's exactly what I said. Do I feel bad for Fairview, not one bit. The kids already distanced themselves from that disgusting organization by removing the F from their helmets. The kids are innocent and should be able to leave if they want, by Fairview Im talking about the administration and all responsible for the exploitation of these kids.

To be honest you didn't. I am sorry that I said that. I didn't read the whole post like I should have. I read the first part of it and hit the roof and responded. You did clear that up later in the post. Again accept my apology.
Truth Wrote:You don't just get up and leave, enroll at another school, and become eligible. Allegedly you must comply with the rules. There is no "hostile environment" rule and, if there were, it wouldn't and shouldn't apply to the situation at Fairview. The West Virginia boys, of course, can return home- if they really ever left home in the first place. Kentucky boys will need a legitimate move of residence. So, are you assuming that a lot of these families will pick up and move elsewhere? Or, maybe the parents can get a divorce and custody can go to the parent moving to Ashland or Raceland.

If these boys are allowed to "relocate" through some ridiculous subjective ruling by the applicable assistant commissioner, then there is no need for a KHSAA. Just remove the pretense of accountability and let them all go wherever they please.

Of course, I have stated before that I don't find the athletes and their families to be victims. They all knew what was going on and they know that only the tip of the iceberg was revealed. But, as long as the Eagles won, the end justified the means to them- all of them.

I don't understand why the boys should be held accountable for a coaching and administrative bungle. You act like every kid on the team has moved in to play ball. If that is the case I can understand limiting transfers. This doesn't happen often so each situation should be looked at individually don't you think? But then again maybe the KHSAA is to busy at Cordia.
Truth Wrote:You don't just get up and leave, enroll at another school, and become eligible. Allegedly you must comply with the rules. There is no "hostile environment" rule and, if there were, it wouldn't and shouldn't apply to the situation at Fairview. The West Virginia boys, of course, can return home- if they really ever left home in the first place. Kentucky boys will need a legitimate move of residence. So, are you assuming that a lot of these families will pick up and move elsewhere?
If these boys are allowed to "relocate" through some ridiculous subjective ruling by the applicable assistant commissioner, then there is no need for a KHSAA.
First off, I would think everyone understood I was referring to the out of state kids, not the Kentucky kids. Secondly, after the injunction fiasco last year provided by a local court overruling the KHSAA, I don't think anyone would ever "assume" anything about the KHSAA, good or bad.
Slic Ric Wrote:First off, I would think everyone understood I was referring to the out of state kids, not the Kentucky kids. Secondly, after the injunction fiasco last year provided by a local court overruling the KHSAA, I don't think anyone would ever "assume" anything about the KHSAA, good or bad.

It is never wise to assume anything about KHSAA. It enforces its rules in a very subjective manner. Look for the boys from the Mountaineer State to return home- if, of course, they ever really left home. The Millseat congregation will remain at Fairview. What else, short of a move or divorce, can they do?