Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 27 Knox Central 0
Corbin's defense was able to key on Gist and never really let him get going. Knox Central's passing attack was not effective at all as Barger and his receivers appeared to be on different pages most of the night, which allowed Corbin to really crowd the line of scrimmage.

Corbin's offense was inconsistent, seems like they like to throw long ball much more than hitting the underneath routes. Coppock ran well, gaining around 150 tough yards as the Knox defense played a good game. Waddle came in for 2 offensive plays and made an impact on both. He ran it once from the wildcat on a 3rd and 10 and got the first down which kept a TD drive alive. Then on a 4th down and long, he ran a wheel route which pulled their safety to that side of the field and allowed Taylor to hit the TE over the middle for a 1st down inside the 5 yard line.
Nice win for the hounds on senior night. Looks like the hounds should be healthy heading into Henry co. From what I've heard Henry Co is a big physical team kind of like Knox Central. Best of luck to the panthers in the playoffs!!

GO BIG RED!!
Does Corbin have a open date next season ? Johnson central looking two pick up 3 games,
I doubt Corbin will want to play a good opponet.
Full deck Wrote:I doubt Corbin will want to play a good opponet.

Corbin has Bell, Wayne, Knox Central, Pulaski Co, and North Laurel (Jury still out on how good they will be) next year. You would be an idiot to call that weak. I am also hearing Middlesboro and Danville are possibilities. I'd love to see Somerset in there as well.:truestory:
oldhound70s Wrote:Corbin has Bell, Wayne, Knox Central, Pulaski Co, and North Laurel (Jury still out on how good they will be) next year. You would be an idiot to call that weak. I am also hearing Middlesboro and Danville are possibilities. I'd love to see Somerset in there as well.:truestory:

Danville is still rebuilding, Pulaski should be good next season, Knox is falling off of the face of the earth it seems, Middlesboro should be OK next season, Somerset will be down, NL won't be anything special next season.

Bell and Wayne are district games that you don't have any choice in playing.

Schedule next year looks to be as weak as this years. Look at adding Belfry, Hazard or Harlan Co.

Corbin has had a great season, but weak schedule may hurt them.
Middlesboro should be really good. They lose 3 on offense, and 2 on defense. I hope that is what you meant when you said OK. LOL,

Schedules will not change for next year. Same schedule as this year. 2nd year of contracts.
Corbin played a weak schedule this year . Knox central is the only team they beat with a winning record!!!!!
IMO Corbin will be loaded up next year they are loosing some talent but have some nice kids coming up!! The defense may not be as strong losing two stud linemen and their two best db's. I would like to see them schedule Harlan co or Johnson Central mid year. It can't hurt Corbin would only make them better.
Jc needs two games next Season!! It would be good for Corbin to get ready to play belfry! Best of luck to Corbin in Play Offs.. When we played Corbins 7th grade team,The fans were a real nice bunch of people an the Young Man that played was really Talented! So I Think the Future for Corbin Looks Good!
FlippedOut Wrote:Middlesboro should be really good. They lose 3 on offense, and 2 on defense. I hope that is what you meant when you said OK. LOL,

Schedules will not change for next year. Same schedule as this year. 2nd year of contracts.

I just meant OK in that they would be a quaility team to be on the schedule next season...Middlesboro in the middle of a hot 3 year run of talented kids...next season they should be the favorites to win the district out right without a 3 way tiebreaker.
Jewell could really redfine himself and in my opinion, pull up his favorability (and keep his job much longer) if he would just schedule local teams.

He knew what he was doing catching Knox on down years. Its time for them to schedule Knox, Whitley, and maybe a Harlan County every single year and rotate home games.
Im sure the redhound faithful would much rather watch Corbin play Whitley than watch them play Trimble County
eagles2011 Wrote:Jc needs two games next Season!! It would be good for Corbin to get ready to play belfry! Best of luck to Corbin in Play Offs.. When we played Corbins 7th grade team,The fans were a real nice bunch of people an the Young Man that played was really Talented! So I Think the Future for Corbin Looks Good!

It will be very difficult to find 2 games next year. As someone said it is the 2nd year of 2 year contracts. There may be a school that played 9 games that may be willing to play on a 1 year deal and then the open date would have to match.
redstorm Wrote:Corbin played a weak schedule this year . Knox central is the only team they beat with a winning record!!!!!

And Knox had 7 starters out of that game Barger played but was not 100%
KY Wildman Wrote:And Knox had 7 starters out of that game Barger played but was not 100%

Your a little off on your numbers there my friend. The panther had only 4 starters out and 2 subs.

Starters
J Mills - RB/LB
T Tuttle - LB/TE
B Hinkel - OL/DL
J Tate - K - DB

Subs

C Diamond - Qb
T Hatfield DL