Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Breathitt County 53 Letcher Central 22
Probably could've been worse.
Wow, this was a surprise. Not that Breathitt won, but how they won. Heard it was like 30-0 at the half and Letcher scored opening kickoff and then one late on the JV? Sounds like Breathitt came in ready to play. Maybe letcher wasnt as fired up as breathitt about this one.
Didn't see that coming !!
Big win for Coach Moore and the Bobcats. The bobcats have won five straight, and they are carrying a lot of momentum into the playoffs. This could be a very dangerous team, with the bobcats hosting the first three playoff games. Good luck bobcats!!!!!
Call me crazy but I think knott central could probably beat lcc this year
LCC is pretty sad. It may have been a different ballgame had Breathitt not gotten those 4 quick scores. Seemed pretty even the rest of the game. LCC's late score was against Breathitt's varsity. Breathitt's JV only played the last 90 seconds.
qb18 Wrote:Call me crazy but I think knott central could probably beat lcc this year
Knott is improved. Just not that improved.
inyourface Wrote:LCC is pretty sad. It may have been a different ballgame had Breathitt not gotten those 4 quick scores. Seemed pretty even the rest of the game. LCC's late score was against Breathitt's varsity. Breathitt's JV only played the last 90 seconds.

Breathitt went to a complete different offense in the second half though. They threw the ball pretty much at will scoring over the top quiet often. After they came out in second half with the lead they started putting it on the ground running out clock. I think even without the early scores Breathitt runs away with this one.

My question, how in the world did Letcher beat Perry?

Also looked like on film Letcher went away from theor starting qb. Anyone know why?
Everyone thought LCC was good just because Holcomb was there. They are not very good at all. He will get them there, if he stays long than a year. People before have destroyed this program. It will take a while. I do not think he stays long enough.
By watching the Bobcats I have a question and if someone has an answer id like to hear it. Did Holcomb know he was leaving last year? If not why didnt White play? If he would have and had Trent and Noble as recievers with Collins and Gilbert as backs they would have been alot better and even if not White could have got some experience. Its not like they were winning anyway. The only mistakes he makes are experience mistakes aside from occasionally overthrowing the ball. Dont get me wrong im not saying he is Moore or Haddix but Chapman is a good qb to compare him to. Not the most accurate but he throws it hard and he throws it well.
birdliver Wrote:By watching the Bobcats I have a question and if someone has an answer id like to hear it. Did Holcomb know he was leaving last year? If not why didnt White play?

Hard to say for sure but IMO he didn't decide to leave until after football was over. State management did some things during basketball season that made it clear that sports were going to suffer as long as they were in charge. I don't think he would have left if major changes hadn't been made in the way the school system was being managed.
Has LCC stopped playing since big win against Perry Central? They finished the season with two bad losses.
birdliver Wrote:By watching the Bobcats I have a question and if someone has an answer id like to hear it. Did Holcomb know he was leaving last year? If not why didnt White play? If he would have and had Trent and Noble as recievers with Collins and Gilbert as backs they would have been alot better and even if not White could have got some experience. Its not like they were winning anyway. The only mistakes he makes are experience mistakes aside from occasionally overthrowing the ball. Dont get me wrong im not saying he is Moore or Haddix but Chapman is a good qb to compare him to. Not the most accurate but he throws it hard and he throws it well.
True^^ 4 td passes against letcher is pretty good. He probably would've had more if they would've threw the ball the late 3rd and 4th quarter. Breathitt could've probably put up 75 on them.
E's Army Wrote:Has LCC stopped playing since big win against Perry Central? They finished the season with two bad losses.

The 16th region refs must of stayed in the 16th region for this game.
easy win for Breathitt! Holcomb didn't know what he left
RickJR Wrote:easy win for Breathitt! Holcomb didn't know what he left

:thatsfunn
What in the world is going on at Letcher Central? They had a rough season for a 5A school, even vs smaller teams.