Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co 23 Bell Co 18 Final Score
I've seen some stupid shit called in my life but when the one official signaled Bell Ball after that muffed punt....when the ball bounced into HCs hands and was blown dead as the HC player tried to advance it....I think I would have surrendered my whistle and headed for the shower on that one...lol.

Great effort and fight by Bell. God luck in the playoffs!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, okay, ill put yours as my sig. Ill put flippedout's as my avatar, and if whylie will get me his, ill also put it on my sig.

:hilarious: love the pic. thanks granny bear. thanks for being a great sport riutg
Im not counting this cheating on my avatar bet record!
LadyCat Pride Wrote::hilarious:

I like it......:moon:
LadyCat Pride Wrote::hilarious: love the pic. thanks granny bear. thanks for being a great sport riutg

I always keep my word :Thumbs:
At least I get something out of the loss. Great game. I will get my pic in tomorrow also.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I've seen some stupid shit called in my life but when the one official signaled Bell Ball after that muffed punt....when the ball bounced into HCs hands and was blown dead as the HC player tried to advance it....I think I would have surrendered my whistle and headed for the shower on that one...lol.

Yes that was bad. I thought the same thing.
bear claw Wrote:I have never been one to talk smack but Bell can thank Gary Harris for the close game. Unbelievable.

I could be wrong, but I think I saw Gary sitting below the press box.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:They were bad for Bell also. Didn't you see Mills and his staff on them as well. The refs that we have seen all year have been horrible. Congrats to Harlan Co. Great job and effort by the Bobcats. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
Im sorry sir, but the officials were not bad for Bell at all, they made 2 calls for 5 yds that were undeniably obvious and maybe one other penalty and that is it!!! They make 5 or 6 holding calls on HC along with personal fouls, 2 huge 3rd down pass interference penalties and roughing the kicker on a fg attempt late that gave basically Bell 7 plays from the 7 yd line? So don't tell me that they were bad for Bell also because that is not close to being true!!!!
He was in end zone on the track near HC sideline when I saw him early in game.
Even though I was very disappointed in the officials in this game I will say hats off to the Bell kids for playing a tough hard fought game! The Bobcats were outmanned in a lot of ways but made up for it with toughness and heart!! I was somewhat disappointed in HC but do give them credit for maintaining their poise enough under difficult circumstances to get the victory over a game Bell squad!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I like it......:moon:
THANKS!!!

:betterthanexpected:
I can't believe Harlan co. people on on here complaining so bad about refs. I agree the refereeing was bad for both sides!! I believe I've seen previous threads where the Harlan co fans were talking about how they have too many mistakes, penalties, and turnovers! So how come all the sudden tonight they just have phantom holding calls and penalties for stuff they don't do?? My congrats to the blackbears!! They are a very good, strong, and athletic team!! But I really take my hat off to my Young Bobcats for playing their hearts out!!!!! We are ready for the playoffs and will go far!!!
Bell was only penalized three times for 25 yards.
I had HCHS with 99 yards in penalties, but the Harlan County stats had 110 yards, so I may have missed one.
I thought Bell played with a lot of heart. They were better than I expected. It could have been real interesting if not for the dropped touchdown pass.
Yes it could have been. The bobcats have really improved in the last month. People don't realize how young they are.

Also bell was without Austin Caldwell who is the leading rusher and second leading tackler.

The Bears have seemed to get going at the right time. They are going to be a tough out for anyone. Lots of finesse teams in 5a especially in region and the black bear brand of football will be hard for them to stop.

Good luck to the bears the rest of the season!!!

Great job young bobcats!!
So what I gain from reading all the post is the following...

1)Runitupthebutt or whoever he is was wrong as usual. (correction as always)

2) Bell played without its best back and arguably top defender caldwell.

3) Harlan Co. complaining about officiating when every time I have watched them they could be flagged every offensive snap for movement or holding

4) A young bell team gave this "5A Contender" all they wanted.

About what anyone that knows high school football in our area would expect.
^
I didnt see you taking the bet....:lame:
Bear_Paw Wrote:I've seen some stupid shit called in my life but when the one official signaled Bell Ball after that muffed punt....when the ball bounced into HCs hands and was blown dead as the HC player tried to advance it....I think I would have surrendered my whistle and headed for the shower on that one...lol.

Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Im sorry sir, but the officials were not bad for Bell at all, they made 2 calls for 5 yds that were undeniably obvious and maybe one other penalty and that is it!!! They make 5 or 6 holding calls on HC along with personal fouls, 2 huge 3rd down pass interference penalties and roughing the kicker on a fg attempt late that gave basically Bell 7 plays from the 7 yd line? So don't tell me that they were bad for Bell also because that is not close to being true!!!!

You are seeing things one sided all of those calls were legit. You are looking through rose colored glasses. Bell played your a---- off. They were bad for Bell too it didn't cost us the game we missed some opportunities that is the bottom line. Bell County has gotten better you need to quit listening to gut.
Great job Black Bears!!!! Congratulations on finishing regular season on a win! I also want to give a shout out to the Bell Bobcats, as they never waivered and stayed tough to the very end!

I refrained from posting last night because I was so angry. For the very same reason, I will not address the officials that had this game. If you were there, you know what happened. If you weren't then, it doesn't matter.

I am anxiously waiting for word on Gary, the Black Bear player who had to be helped from the field last night. He's a tough kid, and that's the first time I've ever seen him down. Sure hope he's okay!!
My point is Harris' crew calling the Bell/Harlan Co game. It happens EVERY time we come to Log Mountain and we all know how Harris hates Larkey and will have it put to him. It is just a shame that they won't let the kids just play. If you don't believe me ask a couple of other refing crews and they will tell you that comments have been made from some of the members of Harris' crew that they will put it to Larkey. Don't believe me? That crew has had us twice this year and they have threw around 25 penalties and over 200 yards. Look, I am done with this complaining about his crew and yes we have made stupid penalties over the year, but the bottom line it is obvious that Harris has a vendetta against Larkey and it only punishes our kids.
I do want to congratulate Coach Mills and his team. NOBODY gave them a shot this year but they are 6-4 and have a home playoff game. Bell will only get better.
Congrats to my Bears!!! We are now 0-0 and the real season begins. Stay focused and finish the job. I hope Gary Helton is ok. If someone has a report on him I sure would like to know.
The refs were horrible and always an issue on Log Mtn. HC ruled Bell. HC ends the game with 355 yards while Bell has 134. HC had at least 150 more yards negated. Black Bears just overpowered them 355-134. Bell's only positive offense after the first TD was produced by FLAGS! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Congrates to the Black Bears on a solid win.
Very proud of our BOBCATS!!!!
Seriously, the KHSAA needs to hold officials accountable for this type stuff. By all means, on Log Mtn. I don't care what team comes to Log Mtn, they will get a raw deal. Minus the, lets call them unwarranted flags, the Black Bears would have had 500 yards of offense easily. Bell was afforded 70 of their 134 yards after the stupid calls, leaving them with (64) very few yards of offense. Anybody, at the game, seen just that. The Black Bears ruled Bell, running it at will and stuffing Bell and also after the first TD pass, made adjustments on pass defense and played it pretty good. The score , minus the officiating crews attempt to make it an opportunity for Bell, would have been 46-12. Anyone, who watched seen the Black Bears overpowering Bell in the run game and shutting down Bell. Good luck to Bell, their kids play hard and I hope they go far in the playoffs. Officials, you should be ashamed after that. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
:please: complaining about the refs? I agree, that crew is terrible. I agree, it seemed like they were being nit picky with holding calls, but to me, anytime holding is called on the offensive/defensive lines its incredibly nit picky. But the refs had no outcome on this game. The better team won, and the refs sucked for both sides. HC got away with roughing the passer and a few huge clips on scoring plays that was clear as day. But it had no outcome on the game. Had the TD's been called back, it would have took two runs to score instead of 1 with how we tackled.

I thought Harlan County was incredibly tough, I thought we came out strong and jumped on them and shocked them and couldn't finish. I thought our defense played well, but just didn't finish plays, we were hitting the HC back 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage, 2 yards across the line, then 6, 7, 8, 15 yards ripped off left and right, HC has some good tough backs. They were bigger, stronger, more physical and more experienced in big games/tough games than us, hats off to them. I still have real high hopes for us in the coming years, So many young kids on the team, a heavy sophomore driven team with a few juniors and freshman sprinkled in, we are showing some flashes, and some fight, there's reason to be excited. All in all it ended up being the kind of game I expected, a dog fight until the very end. Congrats HC, Good luck going into the playoffs. I think we have a better shot to make some noise in the playoffs than a lot of people are giving us credit for but oh well, we'll do what we do and take it as it comes. Also hope the injured HC player is ok, I hate seeing that, especially right before playoff time.
Typical bell moral victory even when the refs keep you in the game! Rose tinted glasses really 12 penalties 110 yard compared to 3 for 25 . HC was backed up. 3rd and 35 when a touchdtown drive would have more than likely put the game away. I can't forget to mention that two of the halfback passes were forward passes to the half back, only on log mountain can you throw two forward passes on one play.
BB CLAW Wrote:Seriously, the KHSAA needs to hold officials accountable for this type stuff. By all means, on Log Mtn. I don't care what team comes to Log Mtn, they will get a raw deal. Minus the, lets call them unwarranted flags, the Black Bears would have had 500 yards of offense easily. Bell was afforded 70 of their 134 yards after the stupid calls, leaving them with (64) very few yards of offense. Anybody, at the game, seen just that. The Black Bears ruled Bell, running it at will and stuffing Bell and also after the first TD pass, made adjustments on pass defense and played it pretty good. The score , minus the officiating crews attempt to make it an opportunity for Bell, would have been 46-12. Anyone, who watched seen the Black Bears overpowering Bell in the run game and shutting down Bell. Good luck to Bell, their kids play hard and I hope they go far in the playoffs. Officials, you should be ashamed after that. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!

I'm not entirely sure where your getting 46-12, seeing as how after larkey got the lead going into half he started eating up the clock. I think you guys scored on all possesions you had in the second half, I'm not sure, but it seemed like it, except when larkey willingly gave us the ball back knowing it was over. 46-12 I don't know, especially not with the clock control game that was being played. But ok I guess:Thumbs:. You guys were the better team, and you won. Instead of complaining about the refs, celebrate the win. If your hell bent on ridiculing the refs, then watch the tape and be thankful for the roughing the passer calls, and clipping calls that weren't called. Either way you go about it, refs sucked, better team won.
You people never cease to amaze me.... You thought you were going to come to Log Mtn and run all over this Young Bobcat team and that didn't happen. They played their HEARTS out. Take your win and enjoy it and get your team ready for playoffs. Prayers for the injured HC player.
CatMomma Wrote:You people never cease to amaze me.... You thought you were going to come to Log Mtn and run all over this Young Bobcat team and that didn't happen. They played their HEARTS out. Take your win and enjoy it and get your team ready for playoffs. Prayers for the injured HC player.

Now CatMomma, that just isn't true. Trust me, nobody thought we would come to Log Mountain and run all over that Bobcat team. We all talked smack this week, in good fun. But Bell is Bell and Log Mountain is Log Mountain. They absolutely played their hearts out, and showed a lot of heart, grit and determination! Certainly they showed the fans a lot to be proud of, IMO.

This is going to be my last remark about the officials because frankly, I don't want to get upset and say things that I will regret...that has happened enough already!!

If you have rules, as every organized sport must, then you have people to enforce those rules. When they are not enforced fairly, it frustrates the team who is getting slighted. I could write pages and pages about the unfair application of rules last night. Yes, it happened on BOTH teams; however, Harlan County had way more than their share. Win or lose; that's a horribly frustrating feeling.

One of Bell County's kids removed his helmet last night while on the field, and it was totally ignored. No, he wasn't being aggressive at all toward HC, he was frustrated with himself. BUT rules are rules, and do you apply them or ignore it? That kid hit the ground so hard with his helmet after he took it off, that it garnered the attention of one of those officials who chose to ignore it. I don't know why they were so disciminating, but in fact, they were.

Now, all that said and off my chest. Bell County, go get some ETown and send them home with a "L". Good luck!!