Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Of KCC!?!?!
Since KCC Is Going To Lose A Lot Of Talent This Year Anyone Know Who Is Going To Step Up? Or How You Think They Will Do Next Year??
legendkiller Wrote:Since KCC Is Going To Lose A Lot Of Talent This Year Anyone Know Who Is Going To Step Up? Or How You Think They Will Do Next Year??
They have the talant and the Head Coach to win in Knott County, but alot of the talant does not even play football, rather choosing to play basketball or baseball. Also, outside the head coach and an assistant or two, the BOA does not give the Head Coach any more help as far as position coaches. Volunteers are then used and while their time is appreciated, some are not the most qualified. I do not know their schedule for next year, but I think they have a MUCH better shot at competing this year.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

What grade is owens in?
Knott's future looks good. They have I think 23 Fr. Most of the came of a good middle school team last year that went 11-3.They have around 80 kids playing 7/8 grade football this year and there is a lot of talent there.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They have the talant and the Head Coach to win in Knott County, but alot of the talant does not even play football, rather choosing to play basketball or baseball. Also, outside the head coach and an assistant or two, the BOA does not give the Head Coach any more help as far as position coaches. Volunteers are then used and while their time is appreciated, some are not the most qualified. I do not know their schedule for next year, but I think they have a MUCH better shot at competing this year.

Knott does have the coach to lead these guys. A lot of the talent do not play baseball. In fact, one of the baseball players are on the football team. The BOE doesn't give anything to the program? Most of the money alotted to the sports programs go to the football and basketball(boys) teams. Girls get little support and baseball doesn't get any. How many years has Hammonds coached alone? Yea, he's had an assistant. Not a permanent one, not one that is at every game, but one that likes to help out. In fact, the football and boys basketball programs get the most money and haven't competed in years. The baseball and girl's basketball program have done the opposite. Without the help from the Board of Un-educated, I will add. So, get the facts straight. Also, the county is shrinking and there aren't enough talented kids in the county.

Knott football will not be any good until the county gets a feeder program to bring up good talent with the fundamentals to be able to play HS football. A MS team just can't play 4-5 games in a season and expect to be any good when they are incoming freshman. Hopefully Beder will work on that. Knott is just ridiculous.
baseball_dad Wrote:Knott does have the coach to lead these guys. A lot of the talent do not play baseball. In fact, one of the baseball players are on the football team. The BOE doesn't give anything to the program? Most of the money alotted to the sports programs go to the football and basketball(boys) teams. Girls get little support and baseball doesn't get any. How many years has Hammonds coached alone? Yea, he's had an assistant. Not a permanent one, not one that is at every game, but one that likes to help out. In fact, the football and boys basketball programs get the most money and haven't competed in years. The baseball and girl's basketball program have done the opposite. Without the help from the Board of Un-educated, I will add. So, get the facts straight. Also, the county is shrinking and there aren't enough talented kids in the county.

Knott football will not be any good until the county gets a feeder program to bring up good talent with the fundamentals to be able to play HS football. A MS team just can't play 4-5 games in a season and expect to be any good when they are incoming freshman. Hopefully Beder will work on that. Knott is just ridiculous.
I said before that KCC had the coach and the talant to win, just not the support system to do so (feeder program....ect...) I will stick with my opinion that most of the talant in knott county is not on the football field, and as far as the county shrinking, the mining industry is hitting its stride again and the population is doing fine. Do not come at me with statements like "...get your story straight...." because it makes you sound really ignorant, which just feeds the stereotype of the people from Knott County. I lived there for six years and saw where the players came from and the money came from and went, and to saay that the football team gets their fair share is false IMO.

its gonna be tough for the pats in the future wit the tougher district with the add of corbin
kcc will not even go to the playoffs next year or the year after that
big_cards_fan Wrote:kcc will not even go to the playoffs next year or the year after that
I thought almost everyone made the playoffs next year, no matter how bad they are.

i thought that was only if ur distric had 4 teams i think kcc has 5 not for sure tho
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I said before that KCC had the coach and the talant to win, just not the support system to do so (feeder program....ect...) I will stick with my opinion that most of the talant in knott county is not on the football field, and as far as the county shrinking, the mining industry is hitting its stride again and the population is doing fine. Do not come at me with statements like "...get your story straight...." because it makes you sound really ignorant, which just feeds the stereotype of the people from Knott County. I lived there for six years and saw where the players came from and the money came from and went, and to saay that the football team gets their fair share is false IMO.
The people that run the athletics and academics in Knott county seem to talk as if they know how to change things, but where is the action? All I see is below average performance in both areas with the blame being put on the parents rather than on the teachers and Administration. If the children in Knott County have a chance to grow up in a winning athletic program and more importantly good academic schools, there needs to be more action and less talk. There needs to be more accountability by the staff and less placing blame on parents. I do know that parents are a very important part in the educational process, but many parents are not mentally equipped to help their kids at home, or just do not have the time. I may sound like I am concerned about things in Knott County, and I am because I have two children that have to grow up there. I really want more than mediocrity for and from them.

big_cards_fan Wrote:i thought that was only if ur distric had 4 teams i think kcc has 5 not for sure tho
KCC, Middlesboro, Leslie, and Corbin

well my mistake but there not making it out of the first round
big_cards_fan Wrote:well my mistake but there not making it out of the first round
:thumpsup:

baseball_dad Wrote:Knott does have the coach to lead these guys. A lot of the talent do not play baseball. In fact, one of the baseball players are on the football team. The BOE doesn't give anything to the program? Most of the money alotted to the sports programs go to the football and basketball(boys) teams. Girls get little support and baseball doesn't get any. How many years has Hammonds coached alone? Yea, he's had an assistant. Not a permanent one, not one that is at every game, but one that likes to help out. In fact, the football and boys basketball programs get the most money and haven't competed in years. The baseball and girl's basketball program have done the opposite. Without the help from the Board of Un-educated, I will add. So, get the facts straight. Also, the county is shrinking and there aren't enough talented kids in the county.

this is the stupidist thing i have ever heard... i mean the baseball team at kcc has a basically new feild and stands and anything else they need... i mean in my opinion football gets the least amount of founding if it wasnt for the football boosters... basketball does get the most founding but i think baseball gets all they need to get and way more than needed!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The people that run the athletics and academics in Knott county seem to talk as if they know how to change things, but where is the action? All I see is below average performance in both areas with the blame being put on the parents rather than on the teachers and Administration. If the children in Knott County have a chance to grow up in a winning athletic program and more importantly good academic schools, there needs to be more action and less talk. There needs to be more accountability by the staff and less placing blame on parents. I do know that parents are a very important part in the educational process, but many parents are not mentally equipped to help their kids at home, or just do not have the time. I may sound like I am concerned about things in Knott County, and I am because I have two children that have to grow up there. I really want more than mediocrity for and from them.

no offence brahmabull u seem to know what you are talking about in most thing but kcc is doing very well and is growing in academics and sport programs... u will see even if kcc football doesn't have a good season next year they will have a very good team 2 years from now.
i got a ? bout KCC.....Can you play football for KCC if u go to Cordia or JBS where they are a knott county school w/o a team???
I don't think so becuz JBS is a private school and cordia i don't think becuz i dunno lol
So Cordia Students cant play football for KCC, i bet that would help them out i heard their was a lot kids wantin to play so i was j/w
MVP2 Wrote:i got a ? bout KCC.....Can you play football for KCC if u go to Cordia or JBS where they are a knott county school w/o a team???
I would not think so because JBS is a Private school and Cordia is an independant school I think, and I think you have to be under the same school system to play athletics, but I may be wrong, I have no idea really.

well i kno they use to let students at CHS play for kcc, iwas jus wondering if they still could? I kno CHS has some kids that wants to play football, Does anyone think Cordia could ever get a football team?
MVP2 Wrote:well i kno they use to let students at CHS play for kcc, iwas jus wondering if they still could? I kno CHS has some kids that wants to play football, Does anyone think Cordia could ever get a football team?
I would think that they could......They have some athletes over there, and it would be up to the Admin. to appropriate the funds for a team I believe. I think that the intrest is there.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would not think so because JBS is a Private school and Cordia is an independant school I think, and I think you have to be under the same school system to play athletics, but I may be wrong, I have no idea really.

Cordia isnt an independant school yet...Cordia is under the same school system along with Knott Central...KCBOE provides all the funding for teachers, and buses but the lady that sets up the school provides everything else.
baller25 Wrote:Cordia isnt an independant school yet...Cordia is under the same school system along with Knott Central...KCBOE provides all the funding for teachers, and buses but the lady that sets up the school provides everything else.
Ok, I was wrong, thanks for the info.

i also think Cordia should get a football team, as a state Kentucky needs more football programs we are out nummberd when it comes to recrutiing wit Ky jus havin like 200 Highs Schools with football teams, and Ohio,Fl,PN,Cal.all havin over 500 and close to 1000 schools ...i would like to get up with someone bout Cordia High School gettin at team...Who i would have to tlk/get up with for this???