Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Mayfield win 3A, 4A, 5A 6A?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Matney wouldn't touch Mayfield with a 10 foot pole for one simple reason

It would be a dangerous game and he is not going to schedule anybody out of conference other than the traditional rivals he has too if there is any chance of Johnson not winning. Just who he is

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think you need to look at Jim Matneys scheduling history. bell co,Boyle co, and Ironton come to mind. And I'm sure there are more. Ignorant post.

Lou. Central '07 (3A State Champs)
Bell Co. home/home series ('09/'10)
Boyle Co. home/home series ('09/'10)
Ironton, OH. home/home series ('12/'13)
Belfry home/home series since '07
Harlan Co. home/home series ('13/'14)
Breathitt Co. away/away/home ('08/'09/'10)
Bryan Station ('05/'06/'07/'08)
Ashland in district play since '05.
Horn Lake, MS. ('09)
St. Thomas More, ON. Canada ('08/'11)
mysonis55 Wrote:Over the past few years, 3a has been the most down class in all of Ky football. 2009 we beat the 3a state champs, fairly easily I might add. I have watched Central over the past 2 years and I think they are good but not that good.

Disagree.

Over the past three years IMHO Central has been at least about 3 TD's better than either the 2A or 1A Champs.

I have discussed this before, but that PT State Championship team in 2009 was more of an outlier than anything. 2009 was the coincidentally the worst Belfry and worst Central teams since the 6 Class System started.Tilghman and Somerset were the beneficiary of that fact.

2A has been the weakest class up until this year when teams like DeSales and CAL have emerged to prove they could actually beat larger schools. There is no doubt in my mind that Mayfield would have won 2A the past two seasons.
1A - lots of years
2A - sometimes
3A - once in a blue moon, when the solar system is aligned perfectly
4A - 6A - not in their wildest dreams, ever
Jetpilot, just off the top of my head, I want you to ponder this when you make statements like that. 2002 we beat Hopkinsville by more than the state champions Boyle Co did. If memory serves me correctly I think that year Danville may have even beaten Boyle Co and we beat Danville on the way to a 15-0 state title. Anything can happen. Like I said though, it doesn't really matter because there is no way to prove this. We are 1a, that is what we have to try to win. We could have something happen this year and not even get to the title game. We could get there to lose again, it is the game of football and anything can and most times will happen.
Mayfield need to stay in 1A :lmao:
Not a chance they will compete in 3A, 4A, 5A or 6A! Lets be realistic now!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Disagree.

Over the past three years IMHO Central has been at least about 3 TD's better than either the 2A or 1A Champs.

I have discussed this before, but that PT State Championship team in 2009 was more of an outlier than anything. 2009 was the coincidentally the worst Belfry and worst Central teams since the 6 Class System started.Tilghman and Somerset were the beneficiary of that fact.

2A has been the weakest class up until this year when teams like DeSales and CAL have emerged to prove they could actually beat larger schools. There is no doubt in my mind that Mayfield would have won 2A the past two seasons.

actually the 09 Central team was one of its better teams , PT came back to win that game late in the 4th quarter ......this was without the states number one overall prospect ( Tim Patterson) injured could have probably played but they thought they could make it to the title game without him, Central was also playing without big play making 4 year starter at qb Kris King, they held them both out with expectations of being able to make it to the title game without them, they fell short by 3 pionts for their only loss to a 3A opponent in the last 6 years. Centrals overall 3A record since the inception of 6 classes is i believe 55-1. Ace Wales was only in the 10th grade at the time.
I say nope they can't win 1 2 3 4 5 or 6a. they can't get past Caldwel
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:I say nope they can't win 1 2 3 4 5 or 6a. they can't get past Caldwel

lol
No
coachdad u just showed your ignorance.
can you read ??????? all i said was lol , you just showed your lack of education.
that wasnt my post , but i see your an equipment manager and you dont know who posted what , SMH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read it again ! That was anotherpiratetd who wrote the remark, lets see if your gracious & humble enought to apologize
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Matney wouldn't touch Mayfield with a 10 foot pole for one simple reason

It would be a dangerous game and he is not going to schedule anybody out of conference other than the traditional rivals he has too if there is any chance of Johnson not winning. Just who he is

LOL 0% chance of JC losing to Mayfield. Not 1%, 0%. And I am not a JC fan.
Mayfield could compete in 1-2-3 A on any field on any day. They would not win every game, but they would win many. They have beaten Tilghman I think 8 years in a row. They lost to a great Warren Central team last year in their 1st game. They belong in 3A - that is the level where they could compete, but still have competition, if that makes any sense.
agreed Tica
No, no, no, no, and a fifth no for 2A.
You berated me for saying lol, did not write ONE word about the member who posted it, I'm hoping you come back with some class,Barnibus
We are just concerned about 1a for the time being.
Haha haha hahaha
mysonis55 Wrote:We are just concerned about 1a for the time being.

Just a lot of swelling on the brain better stick to 1a mysonis55 :biglmao:
Gotta have one to swell.
Now tica I do believe wen pt played fth.. u said mayfield could beat them that would be 4a too...lol... easy anwser ...lets call khsaa and tell them to eliminate the buy week and add two more weeks on to the end of the playoffs... so we can get a true state champion...
I think the Caldwell loss demonstrated that Mayfield can play with the elite teams in 2A. The Caldwell game could have just as easily been won by the Cardinals. Caldwell has not won 2A yet and they may or may not do so. Mayfield is a favorite to win 1A but they have not yet done that either. I think all knowledgeable fans realize that they might be able to win 2A or they might not and that would be about the ceiling for this years team. This was a stupid thread that I assume was a reaction to the many Mayfield fans on here that like to post and must have gotten under someones skin
No.
!NO!!!!!!
After Friday I'm not sure Mayfield would beat CAL to make the championship game of 2a, so I'm going to say maybe 1a is where they want to be ....
Once again, we should not be concerned about anything but 1a. It is all we can win in for obvious reasons. It is also the only thing we can prove that we could win. I don't understand why this keeps coming up. I don't recall a Mayfield fan getting on here and saying we could win it all.
U quoted it and lol so it was in your post under your name dumbass so it was your post in agreement coachdad so u been ownnnnnnnnnnneddddddddd racckkk come back when you have more ammo cry baby.
I put lol, anti genius .
What school did you go to that taught you lol meant agreement ???
You must be a kid. & a dumb one at that