Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Mayfield win 3A, 4A, 5A 6A?
I hear the same thing in 2011 and one of the smallest schools in the state Hazard beat Mayfield 24-06.Just like this year mayfield is undefeated.several teams in the East in 1A like Williamsburg,Pikeville,Fairview,Raceland and Hazard could beat them on a giving night.I name 5 teams in the east in 1A.The west is weak in 1A and most of mayfield schedule this year was weak.Other than that mayfield is still the team to beat in 1A :biglmao: Confusednicker: :biglmao: Confusednicker:
55 u need to think outside the box.. insdead of week by week.
Funny shit 64.. weak.. ha.
And. Gut they didnt say over the past 5 years.. if it did I would agree that mayfield cound not had compeated.. but it said this year.. teams are down in power this year compared to past except BG
64SUR Wrote:I hear the same thing in 2011 and one of the smallest schools in the state Hazard beat Mayfield 24-06.Just like this year mayfield is undefeated.several teams in the East in 1A like Williamsburg,Pikeville,Fairview,Raceland and Hazard could beat them on a giving night.I name 5 teams in the east in 1A.The west is weak in 1A and most of mayfield schedule this year was weak.Other than that mayfield is still the team to beat in 1A :biglmao: Confusednicker: :biglmao: Confusednicker:

You did hear the same in 2011. Hazard was not better than us. But after playing a tough battered schedual in playoff several main players were injured.. thing happen I guess. And I guess they could happen again..
If u took strength in numbers and figured it on paper.. with an enrollment of only 400 kids in the whole school and to be this good it really does speak volumes for mayfield.. if u where to cut the size of some of the other schools down to under 200 boys to pick from then where would mayfield stand in the state rankings..
Over the past few years, 3a has been the most down class in all of Ky football. 2009 we beat the 3a state champs, fairly easily I might add. I have watched Central over the past 2 years and I think they are good but not that good.
Male, Scott Co, Trinity, St X, Manual, Simon Kenton, Bowling Green & Highlands are 8 teams that would beat Mayfield consistently. I think they'd be competitive with everyone else. There's probably an additional 10-12 teams that would beat them more than they'd lose to them, but, they could beat them maybe 1 out of 3 games, then there's another 10 teams that would beat them maybe 1/2 the time. Just too hard for a team with only 200 kids to choose from to beat the bigger teams consistently and several of the smaller schools could also beat them on a given night. In reality, I think they deserve to be a Top 15 to 20 team, which, in my opinion, is still very impressive for a 1A school. It'd be impressive for a 2a or 3a team, as well. Nothing but respect for the Cardinals especially the fact that they do it year in, year out. That's the difference in them and most other small school teams.
64, are you kidding me? We play a weak schedule. Come on man, you can do better than that. I could put our schedule up against anyone else in 1a and make them look weak. The closest one would be Beechwood, also west. I think I already did that once for you on here and things got real quiet real quick. You guys have not beaten a team with a power rating of over 90 all season. I think we had 6.
Yea I have a great view of those banners, in fact they somehow landed at my house after the game
ontopofthewest Wrote:You did hear the same in 2011. Hazard was not better than us. But after playing a tough battered schedual in playoff several main players were injured.. thing happen I guess. And I guess they could happen again..

Sorry ontopofthewest Hazard was the better team.I will repeat the score again.

hazard 24
Mayfield 06

2011 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 1A
mysonis55 Wrote:64, are you kidding me? We play a weak schedule. Come on man, you can do better than that. I could put our schedule up against anyone else in 1a and make them look weak. The closest one would be Beechwood, also west. I think I already did that once for you on here and things got real quiet real quick. You guys have not beaten a team with a power rating of over 90 all season. I think we had 6.

Well it looks weaks by the win and lost record. I don't blame y'all bragging on your team.Hell look at me I brag on Williamsburg an we haven't score a point on hazard the last 2yrs but I still think we have the best team in 1A in the east.It's Williamsburg time coming out of the east :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
You should know by now, your wins and losses can be affected by the strength of your schedule. Every year it seems like Beechwood loses 3-4 games early. They then make it to the semis or state every year.
Mayfield could easily put all of this to rest by deciding to play up. It would seem to be a natural given the proximity of Ballard Memorial, Caldwell, Murray, Crittenden and Union in the region.

Instead of repeated posts and talk on bulletin boards about the wins against larger schools, why would Mayfield not petition and make the commitment to compete against them in the playoffs unless that has been tried and denied?
They wont let the 1a schools play up now. They want the smallest 32 there. They want the largest 32 in 6a and the rest differ slightly. Russellville tried to petition to play in 2a when they were put in our district. They were denied.
mysonis55 Wrote:You should know by now, your wins and losses can be affected by the strength of your schedule. Every year it seems like Beechwood loses 3-4 games early. They then make it to the semis or state every year.

Now that's what am talking about we should have been in the semi last year.and we are a lot better this year.man up mysonis55 hazard is a sinking ship this year.:Sad04:
Tica Wrote:Mayfield could easily put all of this to rest by deciding to play up. It would seem to be a natural given the proximity of Ballard Memorial, Caldwell, Murray, Crittenden and Union in the region.

Instead of repeated posts and talk on bulletin boards about the wins against larger schools, why would Mayfield not petition and make the commitment to compete against them in the playoffs unless that has been tried and denied?

It will take congress to move mayfield up in class an we know how long that will take :welcome:
See above post 64.
Tica Wrote:Mayfield could easily put all of this to rest by deciding to play up. It would seem to be a natural given the proximity of Ballard Memorial, Caldwell, Murray, Crittenden and Union in the region.

The only way to play up now is if there is no schools your size around you. If there wasn't any Fulton's around then Mayfield probably could have played up.
These kinds of threads are the equivalent of "my girlfriend/wife is the best woman on earth!". While sure to draw plenty of disagreeing opinions, there's never a "true" answer as most arguments are, at their heart, subjectively based or subjectively derived and expanded from a single factual base.

Of course, exceptional teams do exist through ALL the classes in any given year. It used to bother me on that -other- site when it was widely proclaimed (in the previous 4 class alignment) almost yearly how "weak" 2A was and that the 1A champion was "better". It inspired to do a class-wide analysis comparing the classes which showed, if anything, 2A was historically stronger than both 1A and 3A on a class-vs-class basis (with 4A being moderately strongest).

But I've come to the conclusion, in my experience on the other site, team historical performance doesn't seem to matter to those who throw themselves into these threads. It's all emotional...lol.

:popcorn:
Great analysis. That's why I only want to talk about us being possibly best in 1a.
Just hold on Mayffield may land in 2a next reallignment i hope so Mayfield always like 2A lot of natural rivalries weve played in the past and in 1 A hard for teams to get the respect due them because of small class they are in.
Johnson central need two pick up 3 games next year . Call matney I say he would love two play u , the same way hazard thought they was so good .
eagles2011 Wrote:Johnson central need two pick up 3 games next year . Call matney I say he would love two play u , the same way hazard thought they was so good .

Matney wouldn't touch Mayfield with a 10 foot pole for one simple reason

It would be a dangerous game and he is not going to schedule anybody out of conference other than the traditional rivals he has too if there is any chance of Johnson not winning. Just who he is
:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
I would love to knoe how PT scheduled highlands.... I think it would be awsome to play them. . I knoe there are years were they would hand us are hats.. but it would be nice to play with some schools with some True creditabilty...
We sure don't want them next year. I think we should be back to form in 2015 though. We never are ready with a soph qb. We have lots of talent next year but we traditionally are not that strong with a soph qb.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Matney wouldn't touch Mayfield with a 10 foot pole for one simple reason

It would be a dangerous game and he is not going to schedule anybody out of conference other than the traditional rivals he has too if there is any chance of Johnson not winning. Just who he is
I think you need to look at Jim Matneys scheduling history. bell co,Boyle co, and Ironton come to mind. And I'm sure there are more. Ignorant post.
The Highlands team I saw (and it may have been the double secret reserve traveling team with anyone above 8th grade held out that they sent to Tilghman) would not embarrass either Mayfield or McCracken. I would expect both games to be competitive if they were played this year.
All of this is moot. They have opinions and we have opinions. This is a no win battle. We don't even have to concern ourselves with it because we have got to win in 1a.
Mayfield would definetly be competitive in the bottom 3 classes year in and year out. They would be a top ten team in 4 and 5A but could not beat Highlands or the BGs of the world. 6A the numbers would catch up with them. They are annually a top 20 team.