3. Lou. Trinity - 4-4 125 1
4. Simon Kenton - 9-0 111 4
5. Lou. St. Xavier - 5-4 97 5
6. Lou. DuPont Manual - 6-2 67 6
7. Henderson Co. - 7-1 54 8
8. Lex. Henry Clay - 7-1 41 10
9. McCracken County - 6-2 32 9
10. Central Hardin - 7-1 29 7
Others receiving votes: 11, Meade Co. 12. 12, Lou. Butler 9.
Class 5A
Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs
1. Bowling Green (16) 7-0 160 1
2. Pulaski Co. - 9-0 138 2
3. Anderson Co. - 7-1 129 3
4. John Hardin - 6-2 108 5
5. Madison Southern - 7-1 87 7
6. Franklin Co. - 8-1 83 4
7. Conner - 6-2 50 8
8. Scott - 7-1 37 6
9. Harlan Co. - 5-3 27 10
10. North Laurel - 6-2 17 9
Others receiving votes: 11, Bullitt East 13. 11, Warren Central 13. 13, Graves Co. 10. 14, South Oldham 8.
Class 4A
1. Highlands (16) 8-0 160 1
2. Boyle Co. - 8-0 144 2
3. Johnson Central - 8-0 118 3
4. Cov. Catholic - 6-2 110 4
5. Lex. Catholic - 5-3 87 5
6. Martha Layne Collins - 6-2 82 6
7. Owensboro - 6-2 60 7
8. Russell Co. - 7-1 51 9
9. Knox Central - 6-2 37 8
10. Ashland Blazer - 7-2 23 10
Others receiving votes: 11, North Oldham 5.
Class 3A
1. Belfry (16) 8-0 160 1
2. Wayne Co. - 9-0 143 2
3. Bourbon Co. - 8-0 125 3
4. South Warren - 8-1 104 4
5. Lou. Central - 5-3 99 5
6. Mason Co. - 8-0 84 7
7. Bell Co. - 5-3 57 8
8. Corbin - 6-2 41 6
9. Elizabethtown - 6-2 35 10
10. Paducah Tilghman - 4-5 15 NR
Others receiving votes: 11, Lawrence Co. 11. 12, Pike Co. Central 2. 12, Russell 2. 12, Estill Co. 2.
Class 2A
1. Caldwell Co. (12) 8-0 156 1
2. Lou. Christian Academy (4) 9-0 148 3
3. Lou. DeSales - 7-1 125 2
4. Owensboro Catholic - 6-2 101 4
5. Glasgow - 7-1 94 5
6. Middlesboro - 7-1 82 6
7. Newport Central Catholic - 4-4 56 7
8. Union Co. - 6-2 37 9
9. Bardstown - 6-2 23 NR
10. Murray - 4-4 15 8
Others receiving votes: 11, Betsy Layne 11. 11, Danville 11. 13, Somerset 8. 14, Gallatin Co. 4. 15, Lloyd Memorial 3. 15, Walton-Verona 3. 17, Ballard Memorial 2.
Class 1A
1. Mayfield (16) 8-0 160 1
2. Russellville - 8-0 140 2
3. Pikeville - 7-1 125 4
4. Beechwood - 5-3 100 5
5. Raceland - 6-2 90 7
6. Fairview - 7-1 71 3
7. Hazard - 6-2 63 6
8. Frankfort - 6-2 49 9
9. Paintsville - 6-2 36 8
10. Williamsburg - 5-2 26 10
Others receiving votes: 11, Bethlehem 11. 12, Pineville 6. 13, Paris 3.
Looking tolerable in class 1-A. Confusedinglepar
This is the correct 6a rankings.
My research and looking at other polls and power ratings tells me this is skewed. These are some changes that should be made:

6a) McCracken Co is currently at #9 but right now should be at least #5
5a) Graves Co is currently at #13 but right now should be at #9
3a) Paducah-Tilghman is currently at #10 but right now should be at #6
2a) Murray is currently at #10 but right now should be at #8
1a) Beechwood is currently at #4 but right now should be at #3
1a) Frankfort is currently at #8 but right now should be at #5
1a) Raceland is currently at #5 but right now should be at #4
1a) Pikeville is currently at #3 but right now should be at #6
TNT-MB1 Wrote:This is the correct 6a rankings.

Correct based on what facts? You can hypothesize all you want, but facts are that these teams have lost games on their schedule, thus they do not deserve high rankings based on what they have done on the field. You can assume all you want about the competition that they have played, and in years past, Trinity beat those teams. So, T & X are just not that good and knowing that one of them could be dispatched in week one, and guaranteed one will go home after week two justifies them being ranked considerably lower!
These rankings don't mean squat!!
We just have to keep winning!!
Stardust Wrote:Correct based on what facts? You can hypothesize all you want, but facts are that these teams have lost games on their schedule, thus they do not deserve high rankings based on what they have done on the field. You can assume all you want about the competition that they have played, and in years past, Trinity beat those teams. So, T & X are just not that good and knowing that one of them could be dispatched in week one, and guaranteed one will go home after week two justifies them being ranked considerably lower!

Meaning Male on top. Scott County has not played anyone in the top ten.
I think Trinity belongs at 5 or 6 becuase they would beat anyone on that list besides Scott County Male and possibly SK

1. Male
2. Scott County
3. Simon
4. Hendo/McCraken winner
5. Trinity

Even with losses Trinity would beat any of 5-10 teams.

I still think the finals will be SK vs whoever survives the other side of the bracket. At this point i'd say that will be Male. Scott County has killed everyone all year yes. But how will they play with real competition.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Meaning Male on top. Scott County has not played anyone in the top ten.
I think Trinity belongs at 5 or 6 becuase they would beat anyone on that list besides Scott County Male and possibly SK

1. Male
2. Scott County
3. Simon
4. Hendo/McCraken winner
5. Trinity

I still think the finals will be SK vs whoever survives the other side of the bracket. At this point i'd say that will be Male. Scott County has killed everyone all year yes. But how will they play with real competition.

Nothing about SK beating Dixie by the skin of their teeth suggests that they're any kind of a shoe-in for playoff success. I'd place Trinity no lower than third, SK fourth, and the Henderson County/McCracken County winner fifth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Can you dig it? Wrote:Nothing about SK beating Dixie by the skin of their teeth suggests that they're any kind of a shoe-in for playoff success. I'd place Trinity no lower than third, SK fourth, and the Henderson County/McCracken County winner fifth.

SK's hardest competition to the finals is argueably a rematch with Campbell or Dixie. Henderson lost to a beat up Cov Cath team earlier this year and McCraken woul have to beat Hendersons brains in for me to consider them better than Campbell or Dixie.
McCracken will beat Henderson's brains in. It will be at least 21 points.
Yeah an williamsburg will beat the crap out of hazard.starting to like these polls.Confusednicker:
I guess you are not going to accept reality until November are you 64?
If you think that Dixie and Campbell are tough competition then 6A is way down this year, just saying. Yes that side of the bracket is weak. But NO NKY could beat Scott Co. or Male.
Watch WKY.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:This is the correct 6a rankings.

:Thumbs:
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Meaning Male on top. Scott County has not played anyone in the top ten.

1. Male
2. Scott County
3. Simon
4. Hendo/McCraken winner
5. Trinity

Male is definitely deserving of the top spot. Scott County is legit but as you stated, they have played nobody. They beat a decent Henry Clay team. Male defeated the two headed monster T and X along with others.
hardcore1 Wrote:If you think that Dixie and Campbell are tough competition then 6A is way down this year, just saying. Yes that side of the bracket is weak. But NO NKY could beat Scott Co. or Male.

I second this.
hardcore1 Wrote:If you think that Dixie and Campbell are tough competition then 6A is way down this year, just saying. Yes that side of the bracket is weak. But NO NKY could beat Scott Co. or Male.

I'm saying there the toughest teams on that half of the braket. I believe SK will have a shot to beat Scott County/Male or Trinity. ONLY because they will have to beat each others brains in to get there. Those will all be hard fought hard hitting close games.
SK should (key word should) be able to win a few of there games on the way with ease and keep players healthy. Powell being back for them, fully healed and rested will be huge for there playoff run.
mysonis55 Wrote:I guess you are not going to accept reality until November are you 64?

Reality is mine, williamsburg fans i think want me to go away.I just want fans to no that williamsburg is the real deal :howdy: sports fans
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I'm saying there the toughest teams on that half of the braket. I believe SK will have a shot to beat Scott County/Male or Trinity. ONLY because they will have to beat each others brains in to get there. Those will all be hard fought hard hitting close games.
SK should (key word should) be able to win a few of there games on the way with ease and keep players healthy. Powell being back for them, fully healed and rested will be huge for there playoff run.

Seems like some are taking for granted that SK will beat McCracken, Henderson or whoever comes out of the west. As a Mustang fan I can assure you that the boys from Paducah will give the Pioneers all they want down here in the lowlands, if it comes to that! I'm sure the Colonel fans feel the same way!:Clap:
Define real deal. Maybe that is the problem here. Maybe we have two different ideas of the real deal.
mysonis55 Wrote:Define real deal. Maybe that is the problem here. Maybe we have two different ideas of the real deal.

You have your ideal I have mine and the Real deal is Williamsburg and you will no then Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:Correct based on what facts? You can hypothesize all you want, but facts are that these teams have lost games on their schedule, thus they do not deserve high rankings based on what they have done on the field. You can assume all you want about the competition that they have played, and in years past, Trinity beat those teams. So, T & X are just not that good and knowing that one of them could be dispatched in week one, and guaranteed one will go home after week two justifies them being ranked considerably lower!

I mentioned this in the BGR rankings thread but I wasn't certain in that one that you were talking about X and T - those teams would not meet until the region finals. Male (1) and St. X (3) are on one side, with Trinity (2) and Manual (4) on the other. Had Manual held on to beat St. X, then it would have been likely that X and Trinity would meet in the second round.
So, I guess 64 is saying that if you reach the 3rd round you are the real deal. I get it now. Then Williamsburg is the real deal. That is along with 7 other 1a teams.
mysonis55 Wrote:So, I guess 64 is saying that if you reach the 3rd round you are the real deal. I get it now. Then Williamsburg is the real deal. That is along with 7 other 1a teams.

Mysonis55 the real deal means get ready for Williamsburg.we will take care of the East side.You take care of the west side. :truestory:
Well we will see soon. It seems like we just started this journey and its almost playoff time.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well we will see soon. It seems like we just started this journey and its almost playoff time.

55 I would love for Williamsburg to play Mayfield for the state championship I know that would be a long shot because we would have to beat 2or3 excellent teams to get there, I do believe we can and will compete however I also know it will involve a lot of work and a pile of luck. I really don't know how good we are, I know we have a good coach and more outstanding players than ever before, we also have some numbers that we have never had before. but, our district is very weak and our schedule leaves a lot to have reasons for concern. I realy believe in this team but whats more important their destiny. THEY WILL HIT YOU that I promise. I wish you could meet our kids, they are well mannored, polite, you would be impressed, If we do get there and I believe we will and if your team gets there and I believe you will, I hope we will have the opportunity to meet, I have enjoyed your post. 64 has made you very interesting.
Topnotch, I hope you guys get there as well. I just have to try to keep 64 living in the real world. He has you all as a shoe in. I think you guys are still a year away. I don't have any problem with your team, I just think they are not quiet there. If they had beaten one of the two teams they lost to, I might think differently. Of course, we gotta work our butts off to get there ourselves. That starts with tonight at 7:30 CT, when we take on the #2 ranked Panthers from Russellville.