Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Somerset 10/25/13
Predictions?

I'll take my Jackets 35-21. Win the district, after not winning a district game in the two previous seasons.

If the Jackets win, they will likely finish 9-1, considering the fact that their only remaining game after this one will be Lynn Camp.
[Image:

]
Jumpers have had several injuries to key players. Hopefully, they get some back. They have a great staff and will have their kids ready to play against a great Middlesboro team.
Jackets in a close one. Bunnies injuries have derailed what could have been a very good season.
Hate to miss this game but duty calls, I will be in the Big Easy when this is being played. If Somerset can get a couple health this will be a real ball game. Good Luck Jumpers!!!!
Gotta go with the Jackets in this one...
This game interests me big time. I cant wait for the results.
QB1 RB1 RB2 all missed last week, not sure if any will see the field this week either.

All 3 only played one game together this season and that was the Glasgow game, by far the best game of the season by the Jumpers. Even in that game RB1 went down late and missed the end of the game (this was also the only game he has played in this season).
Jumper Dad, you all sound like Georgia!!

Middlesboro is playing great right now, and poor Somerset is just eat up with injuries. I'm saying the Jackets by 2 scores!!

Good luck to both teams, and injury free please!!! Hope the Briar Jumper's kids get back to being healthy soon!
Team has just never been to get any traction due to injuries to key players all season...gonna be a tough game Friday!
Somerset wins if they get there players back.
RunItUpTheGut would pick against Middlesboro if they were starting Peyton Manning this week. I'm not sure what it's going to take make you a believer. I guess Middlesboro will just have to win a state championship. Maybe that will make you a believer. Because beating Bell County, LCA, and Danville wasn't enough.
Beginning of the season I pick Somerset to win Districts Confusedhh: I also predict Middlesboro to be my sleeper team.and just about everybody was trash talking me about Middlesboro. Well now they will play an I'm picking Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:

Middlesboro 42
Somerset 28
Turning the football over has been a problem all season long , other than the 1 game we've been lucky to battle and win.

We are banged up too , Our lineman broke his arm last game and Major our starting QB is still limping around and only playing limited on defense only , one of our best receivers has to play QB , although he's done a great job at playing QB it takes away a threat at the WR position.

Defensively they will knock your block off , they're playing so much better shutting out Union and LCA in back to back weeks and only allowing 2 TD's to a very dangerous and fast Danville team.

The key to the game for Middlesboro is can they not turn the football over?? If they don't i really don't think they'll lose but I guess we'll see come friday night..

Good luck Jackets..
Jackets 28 somerset 14. Middlesboro is coming off big wins. Last week pittman rushed for nearly 300 yards against Danville. Somerset appears to be much bigger but I think middlesboros speed is gonna be key this game.
#BJN #wagtrukya
GO JUMPERS!!
Middlesboro wins.
Somerset 30 Middlesboro 21
Jumper Dad Wrote:QB1 RB1 RB2 all missed last week, not sure if any will see the field this week either.

All 3 only played one game together this season and that was the Glasgow game, by far the best game of the season by the Jumpers. Even in that game RB1 went down late and missed the end of the game (this was also the only game he has played in this season).
If somerset is healthy (or somewhat) I like the Jumpers to get the W 28-21
I'll go with Somerset in this game, and I expect to see some players back this week. This will cause a three way tie for first place. I believe Middelsboro would own the tie breakers (Pineville alone has 6 wins). This is asuming that Danville beats LCA. If LCA beats Danville and Somerset wins, then Somerset would be district champs.
Jackets big at least 3 TDs Bunnies cain't jump that high over rated besides 64 said so.
teampaul Wrote:RunItUpTheGut would pick against Middlesboro if they were starting Peyton Manning this week. I'm not sure what it's going to take make you a believer. I guess Middlesboro will just have to win a state championship. Maybe that will make you a believer. Because beating Bell County, LCA, and Danville wasn't enough.

They have now made me a believer. I picked against them in 3 games, and I am 1-2 in those games. I am going with the Jackets this week.

Middlesboro 34
Somerset 21
topnotch Wrote:Jackets big at least 3 TDs Bunnies cain't jump that high over rated besides 64 said so.

He just likes their mascot. Confusednicker:
teampaul Wrote:RunItUpTheGut would pick against Middlesboro if they were starting Peyton Manning this week. I'm not sure what it's going to take make you a believer. I guess Middlesboro will just have to win a state championship. Maybe that will make you a believer. Because beating Bell County, LCA, and Danville wasn't enough.

Don't let him fool you. He is on board this week. He picked them to win in the pick'em contest.
BDC Wrote:I'll go with Somerset in this game, and I expect to see some players back this week. This will cause a three way tie for first place. I believe Middelsboro would own the tie breakers (Pineville alone has 6 wins). This is asuming that Danville beats LCA. If LCA beats Danville and Somerset wins, then Somerset would be district champs.

I know this tie-breaker system has been in place (in some version) for decades, and I'm not proposing a change, however . . .

When one team gets 6 points for scheduling Pineville and the other gets 0 for scheduling Belfry, there's something messed up with the system.

Not sure that "Strength of Schedule" would be a much better means of breaking ties, but just a thought.

And for what it's worth, I don't anticipate a 3-way tie in this district, either:

Middlesboro - 34

Somerset - 24
Middlesboro is a good HS football team. Somerset is a good HS football team when they have all pieces in place. If Somerset QB plays he will pick the Jackets to apart. Somerset will move the ball with ease. Look out for a high scoring affair. Somerset win's 35-28.
How many players has Somerset lost this year? Every week they seem to lose some.

If Peyton was starting, id definitely pick Somerset.
He doesnt do well in games that mean something.
Middlesboro has played Somerset better the last few years than anyone in the district coming into this season.

Jumpers have to come out with some emotion and energy this week, get a win then got another week to get healthy before hosting as #2 seed (unless Danville beats Frankfort) in the district.

27-21 Jumpers
I do think that Somerset is a better team than Danville, I will give them that. However, Middlesboro will do what they have to to every other team they've played all season long. Their O-Line will blow people off the ball and show that they very well might be the strongest line in the mountains.

Even the game they lost to Pikeville they blew Pikeville's lines off the ball. Doesn't mean everyone else showed up to play though.
Based on the Briar Jumpers injuries, I will pick Middlesboro 28-21.