Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co 28 Knott Co 26
Final.
Congrats to Jackson County. Generals are having a nice year.
I bet this one was a downright slobberknocker with talent gone wild.
Top 3A football teams?
Word is Hollon’s work is paying off, he’s getting contacts to leave Knott and take his upcoming middle school son with him. Heard they also want his oldest son to help as well and be an assistant. Why to go coach you’ve earned it.
Roundabout Wrote:Word is Hollon’s work is paying off, he’s getting contacts to leave Knott and take his upcoming middle school son with him. Heard they also want his oldest son to help as well and be an assistant. Why to go coach you’ve earned it.

Why start rumors? I mean the man has only been there for a year and only won 3 ball games.i dont think he'll leave just yet. if at all. he could a program the same way pike central has. give him a few years Knott will go from 5th in the district to 1st. give him 3 more years. heck knott SHOULD have a winning season next year.
Congrats to Jackson county. The coaching staff there has done a great job making their kids better.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet this one was a downright slobberknocker with talent gone wild.

I will take your comment as a compliment and not a put down to my team, coaches and kids. They are working thier tail off to build something! I am a proud General!
Roundabout Wrote:Word is Hollon’s work is paying off, he’s getting contacts to leave Knott and take his upcoming middle school son with him. Heard they also want his oldest son to help as well and be an assistant. Why to go coach you’ve earned it.

I couldn't see Mr. Hollon leaving Knott anytime soon.
SlantStrong Wrote:Congrats to Jackson county. The coaching staff there has done a great job making their kids better.

Coach Shearer has done a great job building a foundation for this program! Jackson has never won this many games in a season.

It was a great football game. Both teams are much improved. KCC never gave up, they were down by 10 twice and 22-12 at the half. Everytime the Generals tried to pull away, KCC responded.

KCC opened the second half with 14 unanswered points to take a 26-22 lead, but the Generals stayed composed, kept fighting and were able to put it a way with a 4th Qtr. score.

Great game, both teams battled until the end and should be applauded for displaying great HEART. Good luck the rest of the way!
Both teams have taken a step forward this year.
The Cross Movement Wrote:I will take your comment as a compliment and not a put down to my team, coaches and kids. They are working thier tail off to build something! I am a proud General!

It was a compliment. :yawn:
E's Army Wrote:Both teams have taken a step forward this year.

They really have. Hopefully Knott will take a few more this upcoming off season.
I have coached against KCC the last three years and the amount of improvement KCC has made from 2011 to this year is impressive. The kids are buying what the Patriot coaching staff is selling. Good luck as you all continue to move forward!
Both Knott and Jackson are two teams on the rise. Credit goes to both coaching staffs as well as the kids who have stuck with it. Good to see these teams improving.
KCCFootball Wrote:Why start rumors? I mean the man has only been there for a year and only won 3 ball games.i dont think he'll leave just yet. if at all. he could a program the same way pike central has. give him a few years Knott will go from 5th in the district to 1st. give him 3 more years. heck knott SHOULD have a winning season next year.
Sorry it is not a rumor. Coach is one of the hardest workers I have ever played for and he has proved his work ethic everyplace he's been. The places where he has been have reaped the success from his dedication. He believes in family and knowing him he will not allow his youngest son to play for a program that is not headed in the right direction. If he sees he is wasting his time, he will make a change. I've know him most of my life and he coaches to win. Mark it down.
Roundabout Wrote:Sorry it is not a rumor. Coach is one of the hardest workers I have ever played for and he has proved his work ethic everyplace he's been. The places where he has been have reaped the success from his dedication. He believes in family and knowing him he will not allow his youngest son to play for a program that is not headed in the right direction. If he sees he is wasting his time, he will make a change. I've know him most of my life and he coaches to win. Mark it down.

If so, where is Hollon headed next?
Roundabout Wrote:Sorry it is not a rumor. Coach is one of the hardest workers I have ever played for and he has proved his work ethic everyplace he's been. The places where he has been have reaped the success from his dedication. He believes in family and knowing him he will not allow his youngest son to play for a program that is not headed in the right direction. If he sees he is wasting his time, he will make a change. I've know him most of my life and he coaches to win. Mark it down.

I will mark it down.. on my calendar that we'll have a good season next year with Coach Hollon as the head coach.