• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 35 Lawrence Co 12
Pirates move to 8 - 0 after tonights win over the Bulldogs.
Good job by LC!! Way to compete. I understand the score was 14-6 at halftime!! Did the Johnson kid play for Belfry??
Cam Johnson did play. Justin Johnson did not.

LC played great and moved the ball well but could not capitalize. Controlled the pace of the game fairly well but the blown call changed their momentum.

Belfry's stable of backs did their thing but played sloppy early in the game. Defense still seems to bend but not break.

These two meet again in November and it could be a great game.
Pirates had an opportunity to make a statement. They didn't.

Belfry is overrated IMO. They continue to be easy to run the football on. You have to be tough to move the ball on to win titles.

Justin Johnson did not play. X Willis is gone for the year. Kaleb Edwards also was out. Nevertheless, Belfry simply isn't that stout in the front 7. I certainly don't want to sound like i am proclaiming the sky is falling. Belfry will be there in the end or at least near it, but unless they improve, I don't think they will bring home a trophy.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Pirates had an opportunity to make a statement. They didn't.

Belfry is overrated IMO. They continue to be easy to run the football on. You have to be tough to move the ball on to win titles.

Justin Johnson did not play. X Willis is gone for the year. Kaleb Edwards also was out. Nevertheless, Belfry simply isn't that stout in the front 7. I certainly don't want to sound like i am proclaiming the sky is falling. Belfry will be there in the end or at least near it, but unless they improve, I don't think they will bring home a trophy.

Actually they just beat a good LC team handily. This isn't the same LC team you guys have seen in the last couple years. They're heading in the right direction. LC has lost 3 games this season and two of those very easily could've went the other way. Just because you don't blow everyone out doesn't mean Belfry isn't capable of winning it all.

Both teams made a statement tonight. LC showed they've improved and are heading in the right direction. Belfry showed they're still Belfry and king of the district.
^ Your right of course. I did not mean to take anything from LC and to the extent I did, I am sorry.

Belfry misses the big LB/DE guys from the last couple seasons. The record doesn't say so, but yardage is far easier to come by against this young (while talented) front 7.

I have always been a fan of Cyrus. Real underrated QB IMO.
Lackluster performance IMO.

We definitely are not the team to beat in 3A, 8-0 record or not.

I'm happy to be 8-0 but if the run D doesn't improve and the offensive mistakes don't halt now Johndon Central will embarrass us and whoever we meet in the state finals (if we're fortunate enough to be there) will easily win.
congrats to belfry,proud of my dawgs for hanging tough and giving it their all.looking forward to a return trip to cam this year.
By far one of the worst defensive game Ive seen by the Pirates!!! Not taking anything away from LC but the Pirate D came out flat and LC took advantage of it and ran it all night long but just couldnt put it in the endzone...IF the Pirates had Played defense like we have seen them play against Harlan Co. this came could have been ugly. it could have been ugly only if the offense was more productive. Dari had a heck of a game and Austin Hatfield, well, he played his game. Nevertheless, Belfry will be ready to make the deep run into the playoffs. If defense is played in the JC game like what was played tonight, It will not be good
I saw a post of drop off of Talent in Mountain Football. But what about the dropoff in the officiating crew. Never in all my days have I seen such sorry ref's and I am putting that nicely. The Crew tonight just plain awful, terrible and I hope some got film and reports sorry piece of craps to the khsaa. But good job Belfry to me you beat us 21-12. Your first score I watched bounce off the turf and idiot called TD and then the fumble in the 2nd Half and yes it was a fumble. And if thats not enough after the fumble instead of loss of down Belfry got to replay 1st down. Good Job to LC to its hard to beat a Great Team like Belfry and sorry so called crap they call A Ref.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Running clock with JV in the 2nd half LOL
Better then last year LOL
I don't want to sound like a smart ass but some of the Belfry fans need to put that ego in check. I think the Wayne County team could beat the Belfry team of tonight by 2 or 3 scores. I said all year that this Belfry team was down from last and just about every team this year is down from last. It will be a tough night against those Golden Eagles.:popcorn:

And Pirate1991#8 can have all the crow he deserves.
LIKE I said IF the Defense would have played LIKE they did against HARLAN CO. LC Would not have scored.... Offense wasnt even clicking tonight... We know what BELFRY is capable of and they did not play to their full potential tonight.
There will be a rematch of this game 2nd round of playoffs.. we will see which team has improved. If Belfrys defense does not improve then Johnson Central will mop the floor with us. And it isn't just this game, the defense as a whole all season has been the weak spot.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
I don't want to sound like a smart ass but some of the Belfry fans need to put that ego in check. I think the Wayne County team could beat the Belfry team of tonight by 2 or 3 scores. I said all year that this Belfry team was down from last and just about every team this year is down from last. It will be a tough night against those Golden Eagles.:popcorn:

This game was close because BELFRY beat themselves...poor execution...we dominated your d line..are skill players made bad reads...and our defense stunk up the field...honestly your right with play like that no trophy...so no crow sir, we played bad and let a mediocre team hang in there just like you guys did against pike central..and i agree the refs sucked...made stupid call on both sides...and yes that was a fumble...
Its bad when 23 point wins cause major concern. Good win over a district rival.
Why is X Willis out for the season?? Not having a stud like Justin Johnson will effect any offense. Hopefully, he is back soon. He is a difference maker!!
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:This game was close because BELFRY beat themselves...poor execution...we dominated your d line..are skill players made bad reads...and our defense stunk up the field...honestly your right with play like that no trophy...so no crow sir, we played bad and let a mediocre team hang in there just like you guys did against pike central..and i agree the refs sucked...made stupid call on both sides...and yes that was a fumble...

See I was gonna keep it respectful but since you want to run your mouth and be disrespectful. I was not impressed with Belfry at all to me to have the size Your "O" and "D" I will just go ahead and say it was how can I put this the nice possible way "soft". And Belfry or what I seen has no shot at JC and gonna call it early "RUNNING CLOCK" there I said it. And get ready in a few weeks the mediocre LC will be back. And hopefully with some Ref's that are not from WV like the rest of Belfry's Team. TongueirateSho
SOFT!!!!!!!!!! Now thats Funny... Ask Harlan Co. how soft we were... Ive already said it once....But I will say it again. IF the PIRATES would have played defense tonight like they played at HARLAN CO. LC WOULDNT HAVE SCORED!!!!!
To be Honest idk what was wrong with Belfry tonight...They did not play to their potential....Both offense and defense came out flat and just did not execute...The only bright spot on defense IMO was Sani Warrens 2 interceptions.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

So it's okay that your team lost but didn't lose the way the other team said you were going to lose?

This is not how a community helps change the culture of a program. You should hate to lose more than you love to win every game no matter who the opponent is.
^
I heard from a neutral source that Belfry's execution was sub-par tonight. Same person told me he was quite impressed with the Dawgs!

So sounds like a great job by Lawrence County, and a big congratulations to the Pirates on your victory!!
GRANY, execution was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
We can would've, could've, should've all night. These teams have a chance to met again and hopefully then both will have NO excuses to which way it could/should have went. I hope Belfry comes out strong and hard with all its players healthy and I hope the Dawgs come ready to play a full game with no fumble, no interceptions and last I hope the reffs that we get for the game are top notch. With that said, Congrats to the Pirates and GREAT JOB to my Dawgs, even with a loss I think we opened some eyes and answered some questions about where we are as a team. 3 more weeks to get healthy, correct our mistakes and get our heads back on so we can be ready when it counts!!
skully03 Wrote:LIKE I said IF the Defense would have played LIKE they did against HARLAN CO. LC Would not have scored.... Offense wasnt even clicking tonight... We know what BELFRY is capable of and they did not play to their full potential tonight.
So what your saying is that the only time your defense has played good was against Harlan co
shadow308 Wrote:So what your saying is that the only time your defense has played good was against Harlan co
No......that is the best defense they have played all year so far....tonight and prob the SW game are the two worst....and i think others would agree
Like I said, what if's...well what if LC played like they did against Raceland, what if the reffs made the right call on "THE FUMBLE". The FACT if we gave you a run for the money but you did prevail but not as easy as you thought you would and not without a little from your friends!!!
If you are referring to the refs i am sorry for that i didnt even get to see that play...i was told about it but im not even sure what happened....
skully03 Wrote:SOFT!!!!!!!!!! Now thats Funny... Ask Harlan Co. how soft we were... Ive already said it once....But I will say it again. IF the PIRATES would have played defense tonight like they played at HARLAN CO. LC WOULDNT HAVE SCORED!!!!!

I didn't stutter Jethro S-O-F-T
After watching this game I came away with the following:
1. Who knew Belfry had a punter?
2. Able to blow a whistle makes you a ref.
3. That Belfry JV team in the 2nd was
pretty doggone good.
4. Why was there no running clock?
5. Coach Heywood and his team always have and always will be a class act
skully03 Wrote:If you are referring to the refs i am sorry for that i didnt even get to see that play...i was told about it but im not even sure what happened....

It was ugly that's for sure...there was two calls that I KNOW should have went different ways. One was the fumble and the other was a TD pass in end zone where ball bounced of ground. Take those 14 points away and its a 21-12 game. Not a blow out in my book.
  • 1(current)
  • Next