Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thad Matta
Ohio state head coach Thad matta was on lots creek tonight to look at Malik Hines. Great news for this young man and the 14 th region things are looking up.
I bet Thad was ready to get out of Lotts Creek before he even got there. Did he fly in on a helicopter?
Matta thought he been kidnap by the mountain mafia after going up lotts creek. He want be back
Not a surprise, in the past few years Ohio State has really opened up their recruiting in Kentucky. Good luck to this kid!
From what I've gathered.KCC is scrambling and calling players because they don't have enough to scrimmage in practice. One player is transferring to another district school.Some of the kids don't want to be practice players only.Not a knock against KCC but those players are not going to see the floor even when Knott is up by alot.Watched only a few games.I did some research and found out a movie was made that will answer all the questions about players disappearing from Knott. They are not from Lotts Creek as one would assume,but rather from Hindman itself. Meetings are top secret.[Image: http://www.the-movie-library.com/c/10825/10825_0.jpg]
Last year if fans from KCC put something up like this it was taken the wrong way by people. This post was about Thad Matta coming to a Cordia basketball practice and it turn into about KCC.
I love all the hate on cordia. I could read this bs for days. Truly are some butt hurt people.
No I don't think so and that was not the intent. Calling Lotts Creek the mtn mafia and saying that visiting coaches will be in danger is ludricous and appalling. These are kids and so are the other teams in the area.Plenty of D1 coaches will be in the stands for several players in various regions.By the way, I have the fullest respect for players and coaches alike.KCC is very talented and they are fun to watch when I got to see them but they will have their hands full with Perry & Cordia. :Thumbs:
Hold up on that car wash gentlemen. I started this thread intentionally just as a test to show everyone the jealousy on this board toward Cordia. If everyone will notice every time someone on this board mentions anything about Cordia you always have several posters such as downtown10, st Louis cards fan, and THE ROCK, always have something negative there are many more but those stand out. In another post it was a poll about most annoying fans Cordia fans just get on here to defend theirselves when ignorant morons get on here and show their jealously. If you notice when someone gets on here and posts that a Cordia player has an offer or commits to a college no one says a word, but when perry or knott has colleges at their gym everyone is all over it. People on this board seem to know more about talent than d1 college coaches do. The fact that all of these colleges have been to Cordia 2 months before the season starts should speak volumes about what kind of talent is there you people have no clue what is about to come your way. This little lesson should show everyone that you should never take advantage of someone that you feel is inferior to you because when you think riverside can't be a powerhouse think again all it takes is hireing the right man. Teams like letcher co that beat Cordia 82 points in R.R. First year need to fear the reaper.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Hold up on that car wash gentlemen. I started this thread intentionally just as a test to show everyone the jealousy on this board toward Cordia. If everyone will notice every time someone on this board mentions anything about Cordia you always have several posters such as downtown10, st Louis cards fan, and THE ROCK, always have something negative there are many more but those stand out. In another post it was a poll about most annoying fans Cordia fans just get on here to defend theirselves when ignorant morons get on here and show their jealously. If you notice when someone gets on here and posts that a Cordia player has an offer or commits to a college no one says a word, but when perry or knott has colleges at their gym everyone is all over it. People on this board seem to know more about talent than d1 college coaches do. The fact that all of these colleges have been to Cordia 2 months before the season starts should speak volumes about what kind of talent is there you people have no clue what is about to come your way. This little lesson should show everyone that you should never take advantage of someone that you feel is inferior to you because when you think riverside can't be a powerhouse think again all it takes is hireing the right man. Teams like letcher co that beat Cordia 82 points in R.R. First year need to fear the reaper.

Right coach or right recruiter?
Buford T Justice Wrote:Hold up on that car wash gentlemen. I started this thread intentionally just as a test to show everyone the jealousy on this board toward Cordia. If everyone will notice every time someone on this board mentions anything about Cordia you always have several posters such as downtown10, st Louis cards fan, and THE ROCK, always have something negative there are many more but those stand out. In another post it was a poll about most annoying fans Cordia fans just get on here to defend theirselves when ignorant morons get on here and show their jealously. If you notice when someone gets on here and posts that a Cordia player has an offer or commits to a college no one says a word, but when perry or knott has colleges at their gym everyone is all over it. People on this board seem to know more about talent than d1 college coaches do. The fact that all of these colleges have been to Cordia 2 months before the season starts should speak volumes about what kind of talent is there you people have no clue what is about to come your way. This little lesson should show everyone that you should never take advantage of someone that you feel is inferior to you because when you think riverside can't be a powerhouse think again all it takes is hireing the right man. Teams like letcher co that beat Cordia 82 points in R.R. First year need to fear the reaper.
The reason people go nuts and get excited about the other schools is because the kids that are getting recruited are HOMEGROWN kids from smaller communities, in which people that know them, from around here are proud. The kids from Cordia is different bc even the fans and some players don't really know them because they were not a part of the community since they were in diapers. That being said, if I am from Cordia and get upset when people question recruiting, "Who cares?" I say if kids want to go play for Rhodes then good for them. He's got connections so if I had a son that was talented and someone like RR could guarantee my son a scholarship, then you dang right I will try to give my son that opportunity.
Big enos's word is gold!!!!!!!!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Right coach or right recruiter?
Whatever tickles your fancy!
I hope nothing but the best for coach Rhodes and the
kids up Cordia.

Oh yeah, I'm constantly showing my jealousy and hate toward Cordia. There is no doubt I stand out. How about you quote all my negative and jealousy posts so we all can see how frequent they are. Also, I want to thank you for mentioning me first, it is an honor to be at the top of your list. Sorry STL and Rock, maybe next year.

Almost forgot, if I were Letcher, I'd be scared to death right now...
The_Rock Wrote:I bet Thad was ready to get out of Lotts Creek before he even got there. Did he fly in on a helicopter?

Parachuted in.....
Still waiting...:popcorn:

Awesome. I loled on that one.
FrozenColonel Wrote:The reason people go nuts and get excited about the other schools is because the kids that are getting recruited are HOMEGROWN kids from smaller communities, in which people that know them, from around here are proud. The kids from Cordia is different bc even the fans and some players don't really know them because they were not a part of the community since they were in diapers. That being said, if I am from Cordia and get upset when people question recruiting, "Who cares?" I say if kids want to go play for Rhodes then good for them. He's got connections so if I had a son that was talented and someone like RR could guarantee my son a scholarship, then you dang right I will try to give my son that opportunity.
And where did Johnson and Justice play in diapers? not at PCC or KCC
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:And where did Johnson and Justice play in diapers? not at PCC or KCC

It at least was in the state of Kentucky. You can not get upset because home grown kids get more support from the community. We have all seen or heard about these kids since grade school.

I am sure the folks in Canada, Texas, etc are proud of the Cordia kids.

the reason people get more excited when D1 coaches visit players at PCC or KCC is because those kids are from the mountains. as someone who has no affiliation with any 14th region team I have no bias, but i think its much more exciting to see a kid like cameron justice or justin johnson who are from eastern kentucky (they both came from the 15th) get signed by D1 teams then seing someone who comes from out of state get recruited. just because they go to cordia dosnt mean we should be so excited for the area. does it make the huntington area proud when wiggins got recruited? no. that was just a stop along his way just like it is for these cordia kids. no offense intended just my opinion
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:It at least was in the state of Kentucky. You can not get upset because home grown kids get more support from the community. We have all seen or heard about these kids since grade school.

I am sure the folks in Canada, Texas, etc are proud of the Cordia kids.
Are we not all part of the human race?? Kids are kids regardless of where they born. I guess that is why Eastern KY folk is labeled everywhere you go.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Are we not all part of the human race?? Kids are kids regardless of where they born. I guess that is why Eastern KY folk is labeled everywhere you go.

You are missing the whole point. Are we happy for these other kids? Sure we are. Are we as ecstatic as we are about our home grown boys? Of course not. Most of us have seen these kids play since grade school.

People like you may put a label on us, but I could care less. It would be like someone posting John Doe from Arlington TX signed with Florida. Great for the kid, but we know nothing about him, so we are not as excited as the John Doe we have watched play since the 3rd grade. We have seen these local boys grow into men.

No matter how you try and twist it these are the facts. People like you who misinterpret things put a label on us. Do we care? HELL NO!!!! Our family, friends, and neighbors know who are. At the end of the day that's all that matters.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:You are missing the whole point. Are we happy for these other kids? Sure we are. Are we as ecstatic as we are about our home grown boys? Of course not. Most of us have seen these kids play since grade school.

People like you may put a label on us, but I could care less. It would be like someone posting John Doe from Arlington TX signed with Florida. Great for the kid, but we know nothing about him, so we are not as excited as the John Doe we have watched play since the 3rd grade. We have seen these local boys grow into men.

No matter how you try and twist it these are the facts. People like you who misinterpret things put a label on us. Do we care? HELL NO!!!! Our family, friends, and neighbors know who are. At the end of the day that's all that matters.

I've lived in this area my whole life and get to met these outstanding young men every year and I'm just as happy for them as I'm for my good friend Evan hall when coaches come to look at them. These are kids no matter where they come from or how long we have known them. We should be happy for all them as much as the other unless u have a close family tie imo. Cunningham is from the 11th along with Tagaloa. You should feel the same for them as justin and camron if you look at it your way.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:You are missing the whole point. Are we happy for these other kids? Sure we are. Are we as ecstatic as we are about our home grown boys? Of course not. Most of us have seen these kids play since grade school.

KHSAA12 Wrote:I've lived in this area my whole life and get to met these outstanding young men every year and I'm just as happy for them as I'm for my good friend Evan hall when coaches come to look at them. These are kids no matter where they come from or how long we have known them. We should be happy for all them as much as the other unless u have a close family tie imo. Cunningham is from the 11th along with Tagaloa. You should feel the same for them as justin and camron if you look at it your way.

Can you guys not comprehend this? I can only speak for myself, but I am happy for any kid that gets their education paid for. I may be more excited though for some simply because we have seen/known them throughout their career.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Are we not all part of the human race?? Kids are kids regardless of where they born. I guess that is why Eastern KY folk is labeled everywhere you go.

Yep, we are all part of the human race regardless of those who hold themselves in such high esteem that they are not subject to rules and regulations. Kids are kids regardless of where they are born is a moot statement in and of itself.

As far as labeling eastern Kentucky folks, that is certainly your right. It speaks directly to integrity and character; which in most cases is thinly veiled ignorance.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people expect a certain kind of treatment and consideration while, at the same time, never giving a thought of reciprocation just because we are all part of the human race.
Granny Bear Wrote:Yep, we are all part of the human race regardless of those who hold themselves in such high esteem that they are not subject to rules and regulations. Kids are kids regardless of where they are born is a moot statement in and of itself.

As far as labeling eastern Kentucky folks, that is certainly your right. It speaks directly to integrity and character; which in most cases is thinly veiled ignorance.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people expect a certain kind of treatment and consideration while, at the same time, never giving a thought of reciprocation just because we are all part of the human race.
I have the utmost respect for the people of Eastern KY. Being raised in the mountains I have had to deal with the stigma all of my life. The disgusting thing related to the recruiting is the bias showed to those who are recruiting. If recruiting is going to be legal "allowed by the KHSAA" don't complain about where the kids are coming from. Some of you all need to take a little time and do some research into most of those kids living conditions and see why they are so glad to get a chance to participate in High School Basketball. Recruting is recruiting regardless of what district line is crossed. It is amazing how everyone on here laughed at Cordia when the Texan moved to Hazard, but no one condemned Hazard for recruiting him. Fair for one school it should be fair for all, just saying?
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I have the utmost respect for the people of Eastern KY. Being raised in the mountains I have had to deal with the stigma all of my life. The disgusting thing related to the recruiting is the bias showed to those who are recruiting. If recruiting is going to be legal "allowed by the KHSAA" don't complain about where the kids are coming from. Some of you all need to take a little time and do some research into most of those kids living conditions and see why they are so glad to get a chance to participate in High School Basketball. Recruting is recruiting regardless of what district line is crossed. It is amazing how everyone on here laughed at Cordia when the Texan moved to Hazard, but no one condemned Hazard for recruiting him. Fair for one school it should be fair for all, just saying?

You could've fooled me!

The last time I checked, recruiting for sporting reasons is not allowed by the KHSAA. How schools get away with doing it, and boasting about it on these public boards, is truly beyond me. But that isn't up to me.

As far as researching the recruiting option, I don't need to do that. All of our boys are home grown, and that makes me even prouder of our kids whenever they have academic or athletic success; which I believe was BlackCatFan's point all along.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I have the utmost respect for the people of Eastern KY. Being raised in the mountains I have had to deal with the stigma all of my life. The disgusting thing related to the recruiting is the bias showed to those who are recruiting. If recruiting is going to be legal "allowed by the KHSAA" don't complain about where the kids are coming from. Some of you all need to take a little time and do some research into most of those kids living conditions and see why they are so glad to get a chance to participate in High School Basketball. Recruting is recruiting regardless of what district line is crossed. It is amazing how everyone on here laughed at Cordia when the Texan moved to Hazard, but no one condemned Hazard for recruiting him. Fair for one school it should be fair for all, just saying?

Tell us which kid didn't play basketball where he was from and also tell us about the bad condition they lived in before being recruited to cordia