Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle Football Coaching
"
Quote:Never did I say that I was right
. No not the band, started D line Jr and Sr. year."

Then why did you say what you said? The truth is that you were totally inaccurate in your initial post. It has been proven that your numbers were exaggerated. Only 2 coaches have sons that play on the varsity level. In both cases their sons have earned their positions. Your agenda is obvious and should only be shared in the confines of your own home!
Well I was just informed of a rumor going around Union from an EXTREMELY reliable source regarding a few coaching changes. I want to see if anyone else has heard this rumor as well.
What is the rumor?
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Well I was just informed of a rumor going around Union from an EXTREMELY reliable source regarding a few coaching changes. I want to see if anyone else has heard this rumor as well.

I would say that your source isn't as reliable as you think.
CJTank74 Wrote:I would say that your source isn't as reliable as you think.

Nah it's pretty reliable.

I usually don't dabble in rumor but I have heard it from a few people now and the source it came from originally is surprising.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Nah it's pretty reliable.

I usually don't dabble in rumor but I have heard it from a few people now and the source it came from originally is surprising.

Is your source someone in the school? A member of the coaching staff?
C'mon what's the rumor? We won't say where we heard it!
TNT- MB1 just an opinion, if you know something have the patience to wait until the season is over for the kids sake. They do get on these boards and read this stuff and they still have a game left, let them prepare and do their best without a bunch of speculation running around the program. Not saying the rumor isn't true but you have been an avid poster on her but the one thing about these boards is people air dirty laundry with out regards to the 15 thru 18 years that are affected by what people say. not saying you do and cant recall a time you have. We all have opinions find voice them but just remember there are player that do LOVE all of the coaches whether right or wrong.
hardcore1 Wrote:TNT- MB1 just an opinion, if you know something have the patience to wait until the season is over for the kids sake. They do get on these boards and read this stuff and they still have a game left, let them prepare and do their best without a bunch of speculation running around the program. Not saying the rumor isn't true but you have been an avid poster on her but the one thing about these boards is people air dirty laundry with out regards to the 15 thru 18 years that are affected by what people say. not saying you do and cant recall a time you have. We all have opinions find voice them but just remember there are player that do LOVE all of the coaches whether right or wrong.

That's why I didn't post it because there are still parts that are unclear in the direction that it will go. I will remain until dust settles.

Season isn't over and if you have read my post on other threads you would know this.
Ryle has a chance to beat Butler and surpsingly the heavy run offense of Ryle will give them that chance against a weak Butler D line compared to what Ryle has faced all year.
I know you were not thinking that TNT. I just did not want you to give in to the ones who just want the dirt. I hope Ryle does beat Butler. I think they have some great kids. Dont take my post as being bad not my intentions
To those who want Warner out.. Before you beg for something new remember this will be his argument... These are hard accomplishments for another coach being brought in to compete with

Bryson Warner
10 years @ Ryle
71 - 41
10 - 9 playoff record with 1 title appearance (06)
2 NKY Players of the year (Elliott, Murray)

2005 1 playoff loss

2006 4a State Runner-Up (Trinity)
2006 6th in State, 501st in Nation
2006 12-3, (6-1 districts)
2006 3 D-1 Athletes Murray (Navy), Gray (Marshall)
2006 District Runner-Up
2006 Vince Murray 1774 Rush yards 24tds with 115 tackles
2006 8 Cincy Enquirer ALL stars
2006 Vince Murray Cincy Enquire Player of the year
2006 4 playoff victorys 1 playoff loss
2006 2nd Team All State DB Scott Gray

2007 6 Cincy Enquirer All Stars
2007 1 playoff victory 1 playoff loss
2007 All State Honorable Mention OL- Corey Tymenski

2008 4 Cincy Enquirer All Stars
2008 1 playoff loss

2009 1 D-1 Athlete Nichols (Notre Dame)
2009 1 playoff win 1 playoff loss
2009 2nd Team All-State ATH Tate Nichols

2010 Coach of the Year 6a
2010 12-2 (best record in Ryle history, Undefeated in districts)
2010 Ranked 3rd in State 164th Nationally.
2010 NKY End of Season Poll #1 (First-time taken from Highlands since 2006)
2010 Beat Highlands 28-26 (First NKY team to beat Highlands since 2006 2nd since 04)
2010 State 6a Semi-Finalist (Lost To State Champ Trinity 28-9) (Argueably was the state game)
2010 Enquirer Player of the Year Travis Elliott (JR)
2010 10 players Enquirer NKY ALL-star team (record)
2010 2,129 yard rusher Elliot
2010 1,000 yard rusher/passer Hempel
2010 3 D-1 athletes Hempel (Harvard) Teepen & Senvisky (Morehead St.)
2010 3 playoff wins 1 playoff loss
2010 2nd Team All State RB- Travis Elliott
2010 All State Honorable Mention QB Hempel, LB Court Mace

2011 1 D-1 Athletes Elliott (WKU)
2011 5 Cincy Enquirer All-Stars
2011 1 playoff win 1 playoff loss

2012 1 D-1 Athlete Weber (Butler)
2012 3 Cincy Enquirer all-stars
2012 1 playoff loss

2013 1 D-1 Athlete Sowards (Indiana State)

I may be missing some and I do not have anything pre-06 besides his wins and losses so please feel free to add.
Might say I'm losing my temper over everything being brought to light whether it's a group of parents or whatever..

So I ask again who would you replace these coaches with or this coach with... Show me a record that's gonna be proven enough to handle this job. Please show me..
58% winning record in regular season
10-9 playoff record with a state final, and 2 semi final appearances.

Show me your candidate that's an adequate replacement then...:redboxer::devilflam
If Warner just puts a stop to the "Daddy Ball" culture at Ryle and hires a qualified quarterback specific position coach, Ryle would be very competitive immediately with all that talent. Too many kids have left the program because of the conflicted interests of parent coaches.
Ryle is in a down cycle. Heck all of NKY 6a schools go tthrough cycles. Ryle has a nice freshman class, lets see what the staff does with them.
I don't think the Ryle family can be overly concerned with who the replacement will at this moment. If they decide to go in a different direction qualified candidates will surface. We must ask the question: are we comfortable with the direction this program is moving and do we think this current staff can make the changes necessary to turn that around? In any case we clearly need a new offensive strategy as the current philosophy/style is not conducive to scoring points.
Pick6 Wrote:If Warner just puts a stop to the "Daddy Ball" culture at Ryle and hires a qualified quarterback specific position coach, Ryle would be very competitive immediately with all that talent. Too many kids have left the program because of the conflicted interests of parent coaches.
I am getting a little frustrated with people like you throwing the term "daddy ball" around as if you actually have insight into what's going on in practice. Every Coach wants the best player on the field regardless of who's kid it is. The 2 coaches with kids on the team have earned their spots. The other Seven varsity coaches do not have kids on the team.
Raiderforlife Wrote:I don't think the Ryle family can be overly concerned with who the replacement will at this moment. If they decide to go in a different direction qualified candidates will surface. We must ask the question: are we comfortable with the direction this program is moving and do we think this current staff can make the changes necessary to turn that around? In any case we clearly need a new offensive strategy as the current philosophy/style is not conducive to scoring points.

I think who is a pretty important question to ask as the "Boone County experiment" has played out very well for them. He was supposed to turn them around in 1-2 years there about 3-4 away at least.

I believe you don't leave a job till you have another job. Don't leave your coach unless you know the direction you are going in. so if everyone is so convinced we need to take another route who are your qualified candidates? What style O?

Fact stands we have no QB maybe with off season work Colin or Gavin will develop into what we need. But unfortunately at this point for Raider nation without a QB Warner's run heavy offense is going to be ran no matter who the coach is next year.
Warner didn't help Hemple with running the ball every play.
BIG RED Daddy Wrote:I'VE KEPT QUIET FAR TOO LONG OVER THIS.

Of the 19 Ryle coaches on the sidelines, 10 have sons or grandsons on the team. All are starters on varsity or JV. Many play both ways. Only Ryan Wolff and the older Ross brother deserve to play both. I got a copy of the 2012 freshman stats when I made my sons highlights DVD. The King twins accounted for over 30% (92 total) of the freshmen tackles. When they reported for the 2013 season, they were moved to offensive line. One coaches son with 18 total tackles has the starting spot over one of the Kings who had 51 tackles.
What is the message being sent here?

On behalf of the rest of the 6A district in NKY, please don't change a thing.

With gratitude,

Simon Kenton
Campbell County
Dixie Heights
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Keep denying the issue, please! BTW, for all those don't want to deny the issue, I remind you that both Dixie and Simon have open enrollment policies!
UK1fan Wrote:Warner didn't help Hemple with running the ball every play.

He didn't but that could be attested to the fact they lost the best O Coordinator they've ever had from the year before.

Harden will be a good OC this year without a QB he was not able to show it but I believe he will help fundamentally adjust this offense he already has. The past 2 games (before Dixie) Ryle had ran a lot more pass plays than I had seen since Hempels jr year.

Remember they have 14 & 15 year olds playing Varisty with no JV experience playing 3 senior heavy teams in there district. There is a huge difference between a 14 yr old and an 18 year old.
TNT-MB1

"He didn't but that could be attested to the fact they lost the best O Coordinator they've ever had from the year before."

Not sure who this coordinator was but the best offensive mind that we have had was Mike Parker. He is responsible for the development of Hempel and no one else. Our team in 2010 won despite some subpar coaching. We must understand that we must run an offense that fits our kids. We continue to try to make the kids fit our system. That's just flawed thinking. perfect example: Colin is as much as quarterback as a duck is a chicken. Can chickens swim?
Raiderforlife Wrote:TNT-MB1

"He didn't but that could be attested to the fact they lost the best O Coordinator they've ever had from the year before."

Not sure who this coordinator was but the best offensive mind that we have had was Mike Parker. He is responsible for the development of Hempel and no one else. Our team in 2010 won despite some subpar coaching. We must understand that we must run an offense that fits our kids. We continue to try to make the kids fit our system. That's just flawed thinking. perfect example: Colin is as much as quarterback as a duck is a chicken. Can chickens swim?

Agreed and Parker is who I am talking about I put O coordinator but that was incorrect. My bad :HitWall:

Another good O-mind we had was Pat Townsend who I was told left because he had been telling Warner to pass more in 2010 and he did not listen until the week before the Trinity game and he came and asked for help.
It was too late.

Warners offense is flawed even with the horses to run it Mullens/Elliott/Hempel
Gray/Murray/Benke

It needs more of a passing attack and I am interested that if they can find a true QB not a wildcat QB (Colin). That Harden will be able to provide the missing dynamic.
Raiderforlife Wrote:". No not the band, started D line Jr and Sr. year."

Then why did you say what you said? The truth is that you were totally inaccurate in your initial post. It has been proven that your numbers were exaggerated. Only 2 coaches have sons that play on the varsity level. In both cases their sons have earned their positions. Your agenda is obvious and should only be shared in the confines of your own home!
What is the agenda you speak of? At best, Big Red got people talking about this, even if his info was wrong. Leave gene pools out of coaching.

Despite Warners winning record, there has been talk every year since 2009 that I know of to be rid of him. His manipulation, intimidation, disrespect and untruthfulness with parents and players is his downfall, not his record. The halls at Ryle are filled with athletes that wont play there. Many well over 6". You would think that he learned his lesson with "daddy ball"with the Morgans. Good luck Hazard.
The agenda issue refers to the person that started this thread. His agenda is obvious- He/she wants to talk about why 2 specific people were not allowed to do what they wanted when they joined the team after not having done any work with the team for about 9 months. That agenda was to attempt to blame someone other than the two boys.

"Daddy Ball" as you put it has nothing to do with the status of the program. Again only two coaches have sons that play and they earned their positions. In addition you are suggesting that good coaches should stop coaching when their sons reach their level. That's garbage and you know it. That's just a witch hunt.

I know and have met many kids in Ryle that are big and do not play football. In fact the band is probably bigger than the football team. If you ever had the occasion to talk to them you might find that they do not have any desire to play a contact sport or do the work required to be successful at the game. If you have to convince kids to play they need not play at all. The sport is too tough for kids that are non-committal.

I do believe that we must do something different but those changes go beyond childish name calling and unsubstantiated negative claims. The outcomes of the games and the number of injuries over the last two years suggest that we must do something different and those are the facts that we need to respond to.
wmrandolph Wrote:What is the agenda you speak of? At best, Big Red got people talking about this, even if his info was wrong. Leave gene pools out of coaching.

Despite Warners winning record, there has been talk every year since 2009 that I know of to be rid of him. His manipulation, intimidation, disrespect and untruthfulness with parents and players is his downfall, not his record. The halls at Ryle are filled with athletes that wont play there. Many well over 6". You would think that he learned his lesson with "daddy ball"with the Morgans. Good luck Hazard.

Rumors started in 05 actually... He remains......

My point is that if people want him replaced you have to know what you want to bring in. What style of ball do you want to see? Do you want to see a new Defensive scheme? This is a forum, post what you want and don't be afraid to show your opinion. Everyone knows I'm not.

If you have candidates throw the names out there's no punishment for opinions if your respectful about it.
Raiderforlife Wrote:The agenda issue refers to the person that started this thread. His agenda is obvious- He/she wants to talk about why 2 specific people were not allowed to do what they wanted when they joined the team after not having done any work with the team for about 9 months. That agenda was to attempt to blame someone other than the two boys.

"Daddy Ball" as you put it has nothing to do with the status of the program. Again only two coaches have sons that play and they earned their positions. In addition you are suggesting that good coaches should stop coaching when their sons reach their level. That's garbage and you know it. That's just a witch hunt.

I know and have met many kids in Ryle that are big and do not play football. In fact the band is probably bigger than the football team. If you ever had the occasion to talk to them you might find that they do not have any desire to play a contact sport or do the work required to be successful at the game. If you have to convince kids to play they need not play at all. The sport is too tough for kids that are non-committal.

I do believe that we must do something different but those changes go beyond childish name calling and unsubstantiated negative claims. The outcomes of the games and the number of injuries over the last two years suggest that we must do something different and those are the facts that we need to respond to.

Excellent points.... I would like to add that from watching the halftime shows this season I would confirm there are alot of band kids that are huge
But like Raiderforlife said they are non-committal.
Pick6 Wrote:Keep denying the issue, please! BTW, for all those don't want to deny the issue, I remind you that both Dixie and Simon have open enrollment policies!
Does open enrollment apply to students outside the county?
Look for my PM.