Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're the Coach
A couple of scenarios
For starters, how many timeouts do you have? At any rate, 4:53 is a ton of time. In the actual situation, I'm probably going to try the FG and if I miss trust my defense, especially since they prefer to throw it and that can be difficult deep in their own territory.

BUT If I'm going with a playcall, I'm going to go with a single back set, Two tight ends on each side and a WR on each side and my best tackle on the wide side of the field (Going to say LEFT) and the 6'4 TE on the short side (going to say right)... motion the right side receiver to the left (giving you two WR and a TE left), fake a counter to the left, rollback right with a run/pass option to your TE running an out.

Or giving it up the gut on a dive play. Depends on what my heart tells me. But in reality, I'm probably going to kick the field goal and trust my defense.
Its obvious.

You RunItUpTheGut.
You forgot to mention some small details...what is the rb's mom name? What did the TE have for lunch? And how many times has your QB's heart been broken? Plus you stated twice that it was 3 yds for a td and the ball was on the goaline. Either way, i'd run it up the gut with the RB. Why? Because that's what rb's do.
take a knee we suck and are going to lose anyway (at least that's what are fans are yelling from the stands say)
Play action and roll out. If the pass is not there your quarterback can stick it in. 97 yards is a long way. If you don't make it they are pinned. They are not a running team so it will be difficult for them to pound it out If they throw and do not complete passes you have the chance to get the ball back with a couple of minutes in good field position. If you have timeouts and they run it you can stop the vlock and get the ball back in good field position. They are very limited in what they can call in the the shadows of the goal post. Draw on first play of new possession.
You go with your bread and butter play RB of tackle to the weak side.
The LSU fake field goal. Game over
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
It worked against alabama
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
007Pirate Wrote:You forgot to mention some small details...what is the rb's mom name? What did the TE have for lunch? And how many times has your QB's heart been broken? Plus you stated twice that it was 3 yds for a td and the ball was on the goaline. Either way, i'd run it up the gut with the RB. Why? Because that's what rb's do.

The QB played for Belfry, so his heart has been broken the past 3 years in the state finals.
If you are at Ashland, you better not kick it. Probably going to get called wide right if you do.
Take the points and trust your defense.
Im still waiting for someone to tell me that I won. Has the time ran off the clock yet?
:ref2: 5yd Delay of game now kick the fg this is what happen most of the time.
Still didn't get an answer on where we started this set of downs. I think I'll change my answer. If we have three timeouts I might line up in a goal line power formation and try to hard count to get them offsides. If they do I sneak it in the next play. If not, take the timeout and kick the field goal.
Still didn't get an answer on where we started this set of downs. I think I'll change my answer. If we have three timeouts I might line up in a goal line power formation and try to hard count to get them offsides. If they do I sneak it in the next play. If not, take the timeout and kick the field goal.
RoShamBo Wrote:Still didn't get an answer on where we started this set of downs. I think I'll change my answer. If we have three timeouts I might line up in a goal line power formation and try to hard count to get them offsides. If they do I sneak it in the next play. If not, take the timeout and kick the field goal.

I'll throw this in...

1st down started at the eight yard line on the goal

RB ran off tackle for 5 yards to make it 2nd and 3
QB threw an incomplete pass on a fade route to the WR
RB ran up the middle again for no gain

Now it's 4th and 3...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Take the points and trust your defense.

One slight adjustment...call a "freeze play" and try to draw them offsides. The risk is you get a false start but the FG is still very doable. The reward is if they jump offside you get first and goal @ the 1. If the d doesn't jump then call time and kick the field goal...