Poll: Harlan County @ Whitley Co 10/18/2013
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
87.10%
Whitley County
12.90%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County @ Whitley Co 10/18
Harlan County Black Bears travels to Whitley County Friday night for another District game. Your predictions on the game.
Harlan County should win by as much as they want. Depending on how Coach Larkey decides to use this game, the JV could be in with a running clock by the second quarter, or he may want to utilize the game atmosphere by testing out things we need to improve.

I hope we throw more passes in this game, and would really like to see our kicking game improve. I mean, an extra point miss could, and has, made the difference in a regional football game.

We miss so many of the extra point attempts, and that to me is mind boggling. I saw Cole Wilson make a 42 yard field goal, with YARDS to spare, at Lee High, VA last year. Now, we can't even manage a consistent extra point. Crazy.
I'm not going to even put up a score prediction, really don't want it to sound like i'm being arrogant Confusednicker: ...I'll just say HC by alot, i think everyone knows WC is having a rough year, and i honestly think the bears are about to hit their stride. I think Larkey will continue to work with the passing game, or just having a more balanced offense..He's not going to go into this with the thoughts of running the score up, but more of getting better on all the new plays they've added to their offense. He's a great coach and knows what it's going to take to win this region with PC/MS/NL playing so well..I do think HC has the talent to win the region, now it's just going to be a matter of how bad they want it, and knowing this team, they want it bad......
I know I will get blasted for saying this, RIUTG has made it clear how he feels about it. But personally, I HATE those terribly lop sided scores. I know that the Coach can only play what he has on the side lines, and if the Freshman are in and the score is still going up, there's little that one can do.

However, 60+point wins does no good, and can do harm. JMO

Go ahead, blast me!
I agree with you Gran! I think a lot of coaches and players are tooo concerned with stats and rankings. A win is a win, by 1 or 100! Get those young kids experience they need to develop! That said HC wins by 3-4 TD's. Go Bears!
Granny Bear Wrote:Harlan County should win by as much as they want. Depending on how Coach Larkey decides to use this game, the JV could be in with a running clock by the second quarter, or he may want to utilize the game atmosphere by testing out things we need to improve.

I hope we throw more passes in this game, and would really like to see our kicking game improve. I mean, an extra point miss could, and has, made the difference in a regional football game.

We miss so many of the extra point attempts, and that to me is mind boggling. I saw Cole Wilson make a 42 yard field goal, with YARDS to spare, at Lee High, VA last year. Now, we can't even manage a consistent extra point. Crazy.

Must be something going around. Johnson Central had a state record 60 yard field goal :Clap:last night and had 4 blocked extra point attempts in a row! :HitWall: They had a total of 5 missed PATs. I'm not sure if the last one was blocked or just missed. They didn't need the extra points but they are sure nice to have in a close game.

It sounds like the Black Bears had a good night and I'm happy to hear about the passing game. I believe it will do nothing but help.
This one will turn into a JV game quickly.
The Black Bears had better be on task at Whitley. They must and will get better week by week. The OL will get better at meeting their assignments, same as the defense. The defense will get tougher each week and back to the FILTHY ANIMAL status by playoffs. This game is at Whitley and it does determine home playoff status. I expect the Black Bears to unleash. I expect I will see a power running game and the pass game that a power run game opens up. We may see the Filthy Animal Defense rise. These Bears will roll and I mean ROLL!!!BEAT THEIR EYE BALLS SHUT!!!GO BLACK BEARS AND GO BLACK BEAR NATION!!!!!!!
Bears through Whitley like Sherman through Georgia. Colonels must start playing D.
Oh, I love you BB Claw!!! Your enthusiasm is contagious!!!
I can't see this being much of a game, but I hope that Whitley can muster a couple of drives with their young kids.
The black bears will have thier way with Whitley. It will be a good game for HC to work on new plays. The main thing in a game like this is that no one gets hurt.
I voted for Whitney County in the poll.

Whitley 74
Harlan County 6
That's the same score you predicted for Kentucky over Alabama!!!

Smile
Ill let you teddy bears in on a secret.

For the last year, Whitleys defense has been designed to stop Harlan County and Harlan County only.
Thats why other teams have put so many points up.....
Teddy bears???

Interesting to see what a kernel can do with a teddy bear!!!

Wink
^
I feel bad fort he filthy animals this week Confusednicker:
Sarcasm, gotta love it!
Looks like a lot of people are thinking a Whitley win.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Looks like a lot of people are thinking a Whitley win.

Nice
I just noticed the poll!! LOL

Do the kernels have that many fans????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Looks like a lot of people are thinking a Whitley win.
Lol, nice job on the poll there....Now, if i could just get those 784 fans to bet me $5 on this game...
Gut are those all your votes?
Da Bears by a lot
Harlan County is rolling now . Get serious playing against teams who could not score against some JV teams. But they better hope they don't play PC or any other teams in 5A that have athletic players won't even be close . Keep playing the likes of LC and WC looks good . I say they will be out in the Playoffs in the 3rd round might not even make it pass the second round .
podunker Wrote:Harlan County is rolling now . Get serious playing against teams who could not score against some JV teams. But they better hope they don't play PC or any other teams in 5A that have athletic players won't even be close . Keep playing the likes of LC and WC looks good . I say they will be out in the Playoffs in the 3rd round might not even make it pass the second round .
:lame: :gtfo: Didn't realize they served alcohol this early on Sunday's....
Hey PoDRUNKER, we have to play LCC and WC, they are in our district dumbass. Who is your team? I am not a trash talker but if we play your team I can guaren-damn-tee-it that I will talk trash you.
Hey GUT, you got on my nerves soooo much during the Belfry week, BUT, I will say this, I like ya. Come to the game and I will by you a beer, I mean coke, at halftime. And then put you in a head lock and make you call me your daddy. How bout it????
Be a good game to work on weak areas
bear claw Wrote:Hey PoDRUNKER, we have to play LCC and WC, they are in our district dumbass. Who is your team? I am not a trash talker but if we play your team I can guaren-damn-tee-it that I will talk trash you.
While exposing podrunkers true identity would be fun, i'm afraid it would get me into hot water with the mods, so i'll just say he's just a troll that isn't very good at it. He's the same guy that says we should just magically start playing in 2A, because we can't cut it in 5A, even though i think we've done pretty good in 5A in our short history....