Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for Haywood in the Regional Round
WideRight05 Wrote:Has Belfry beat Cincinnati St. X? Cincinnati Elder? Boyle County? Lexington Catholic? Covington Catholic?

Just curious, and i not saying they would, but lets be honest, Belfry hasnt ever even played those teams, so how would even remotely know??
Haywood holding a 3% lead of Stillman Valley's Coach Lalor. Anyone who would like to see this come home to the state of KY rally up some votes.

At over 175000 votes I am blown away at the support he is getting but the hard charge coming from the Stillman Valley fans is impressive.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just curious, and i not saying they would, but lets be honest, Belfry hasnt ever even played those teams, so how would even remotely know??

We know that Highlands would put a running clock on Belfry already - and given that Elder and Cincinnati St. X would normally be just as hard if not harder for any school in KY to play than Highlands, that game would involve a running clock as well. Boyle, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath are a step below, but if Belfry had a chance at beating one of the schools, it would be them (especially Cov Cath given their injury scenario).

long_time_pirate Wrote:At last check I thought the name of this "sports site" was BLUEGRASS Rivals. BLUEGRASS meaning KENTUCKY. Voting and supporting the Coach representing KENTUCKY should be where the support lies. Coach Haywood is human as the others are. We have more knowledge of him because of his location. One fact USA Today has wrong is his state tournament trips. They have him listed as going 6 times where it is actually 8. Sometimes all the facts listed aren't correctly. MY vote is for Philip Haywood!

Pirate Pal Wrote:I really hope Coach Haywood wins it all. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion, for which they are entitled, but it's really a pathetic shame that some people's opinion sounds more like a crying baby than a mature adult.

Just remember Belfry fans, we are classier than some, and that IF another Kentucky school, say like Highlands for example, EVER get the opportunity to be nominated in any capacity on a national poll, and Belfry isn't nominated in that poll, then please be mature enough to put your petty feelings aside and vote for that school/coach/team out of nothing more than Kentucky pride, whether or not you like them personally. It's just the right thing to do for our State. Smile

Go back through and find a post where I bashed Haywood. I said multiple times that I'm sure he is a great guy, a very good football coach, and a winning one at that. You talk about being "classier than some," but Belfry fans remind me of Obama supporters. It's all good and dandy until someone disagrees with you. There isn't a particular fan base I dislike or even a team I dislike not named NCC or Cov Cath, but you all really crack me up. Heck, even the coach that's in second place to Haywood on this poll shouldn't be getting the honor. He's not the best on the board. I made a vote based on who I think is the best. If you don't like it, call it crying, call it whining, but it's fact. There is a coach on there that has 12 state titles and more wins than Haywood, and every bit as good as a winning percentage.

For what it's worth, I think Belfry won't just win the regional, but the national. Shelby Valley won the MaxPreps national title a couple of years ago based on a field of 64 schools (including "prep" schools and the 50 state champions) in a tournament style. Given that Belfry fans are very passionate and have way more time on their hands than the Shelby Valley fanbase, I think they will win this one in a landslide. Confusednicker:
[quote=WideRight05]We know that Highlands would put a running clock on Belfry already - and given that Elder and Cincinnati St. X would normally be just as hard if not harder for any school in KY to play than Highlands, that game would involve a running clock as well. Boyle, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath are a step below, but if Belfry had a chance at beating one of the schools, it would be them (especially Cov Cath given their injury scenario).

Go home WideRight05, you're drunk.
WideRight05 Wrote:We know that Highlands would put a running clock on Belfry already - and given that Elder and Cincinnati St. X would normally be just as hard if not harder for any school in KY to play than Highlands, that game would involve a running clock as well. Boyle, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath are a step below, but if Belfry had a chance at beating one of the schools, it would be them (especially Cov Cath given their injury scenario).

Go back through and find a post where I bashed Haywood. I said multiple times that I'm sure he is a great guy, a very good football coach, and a winning one at that. You talk about being "classier than some," but Belfry fans remind me of Obama supporters. It's all good and dandy until someone disagrees with you. There isn't a particular fan base I dislike or even a team I dislike not named NCC or Cov Cath, but you all really crack me up. Heck, even the coach that's in second place to Haywood on this poll shouldn't be getting the honor. He's not the best on the board. I made a vote based on who I think is the best. If you don't like it, call it crying, call it whining, but it's fact. There is a coach on there that has 12 state titles and more wins than Haywood, and every bit as good as a winning percentage.

For what it's worth, I think Belfry won't just win the regional, but the national. Shelby Valley won the MaxPreps national title a couple of years ago based on a field of 64 schools (including "prep" schools and the 50 state champions) in a tournament style. Given that Belfry fans are very passionate and have way more time on their hands than the Shelby Valley fanbase, I think they will win this one in a landslide. Confusednicker:

As you well know opinions are like assholes, we all have one. You have yours and I have mine. Since you have stated your opinion over and over and are dead set on voting for the "coach of where-ever" then why not go rally some votes for him. Some of us on here are standing by the KY coach and voting for him. As for Shelby Valley not having a fanbase that has "time" to vote you may need to think again. I know several from Valley that are posting a few votes here and there for Coach Haywood. So please, give it up and troll on another thread that might interest you more.
IronMan86 Wrote:[quote=WideRight05]We know that Highlands would put a running clock on Belfry already - and given that Elder and Cincinnati St. X would normally be just as hard if not harder for any school in KY to play than Highlands, that game would involve a running clock as well. Boyle, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath are a step below, but if Belfry had a chance at beating one of the schools, it would be them (especially Cov Cath given their injury scenario).

Go home WideRight05, you're drunk.

Why don't you prove me wrong then? Last year little Ashland beat you all 35 - 20. Look what Highlands did to them in the playoffs. You all beat Johnson Central 17 - 12. Look what Cov Cath did to them in the playoffs (although I think JC will win this year, being a lot stronger and older than last year).

long_time_pirate Wrote:As you well know opinions are like assholes, we all have one. You have yours and I have mine. Since you have stated your opinion over and over and are dead set on voting for the "coach of where-ever" then why not go rally some votes for him. Some of us on here are standing by the KY coach and voting for him. As for Shelby Valley not having a fanbase that has "time" to vote you may need to think again. I know several from Valley that are posting a few votes here and there for Coach Haywood. So please, give it up and troll on another thread that might interest you more.

My point about Shelby Valley wasn't about them voting for Haywood. My point was that they still won the "national title" on MaxPreps, and if they can do it then Belfry can because the Belfry fans have a lot more spare time on their hands than the fans of those Shelby Valley teams.
[quote=WideRight05][quote=IronMan86]

Why don't you prove me wrong then? Last year little Ashland beat you all 35 - 20. Look what Highlands did to them in the playoffs. You all beat Johnson Central 17 - 12. Look what Cov Cath did to them in the playoffs (although I think JC will win this year, being a lot stronger and older than last year.

And did you know that we had about 5 key players out in those games...lineman and our rollback and leading rusher....Highlands would not put a running clock on BELFRY...Highlands is over rated they play no one...BELFRY would run it down there throat..if we played highlands schedule we would be undefeated to...
Why does anyone waste their time WideRight05 ?
I'm sorry but Highlands would beat Belfry bad. They are not overrated and they play a very good schedule.

Why do you guys let WideRight get under your skin so badly ?
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:[quote=WideRight05][quote=IronMan86]

And did you know that we had about 5 key players out in those games...lineman and our rollback and leading rusher....Highlands would not put a running clock on BELFRY...Highlands is over rated they play no one...BELFRY would run it down there throat..if we played highlands schedule we would be undefeated to...

Proper use of grammar must not be a requirement to be a Belfry grad. :lmao:

Let's compare schedules...

Belfry 2013

Somerset
Harlan County
Southwestern
Pikeville
Sheldon Clark
Gallia Academy
Christian Academy of Knoxville
Lawrence County
Pike County Central
Johnson Central

Highlands 2013

University Christian, Florida
Campbell County
Bryan Station
John Hardin
Paducah Tilghman
Covington Catholic
Harrison County
Holmes
Cincinnati Elder
Warren Central

It's not even close.
WideRight05 Wrote:[quote=Pirate1991#8][quote=WideRight05]

Proper use of grammar must not be a requirement to be a Belfry grad. :lmao:

Let's compare schedules...

Belfry 2013

Somerset
Harlan County
Southwestern
Pikeville
Sheldon Clark
Gallia Academy
Christian Academy of Knoxville
Lawrence County
Pike County Central
Johnson Central

Highlands 2013

University Christian, Florida
Campbell County
Bryan Station
John Hardin
Paducah Tilghman
Covington Catholic
Harrison County
Holmes
Cincinnati Elder
Warren Central

It's not even close.

I guess being a dumbass is a requirement to graduate from your school..And yes BELFRY would be undefeated with that schedule....TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I guess being a dumbass is a requirement to graduate from your school..And yes BELFRY would be undefeated with that schedule....TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I mean this with the utmost respect. You should stop now.
FBALL Wrote:I mean this with the utmost respect. You should stop now.

Stop what, my opinion...
FBALL Wrote:I'm sorry but Highlands would beat Belfry bad. They are not overrated and they play a very good schedule.

Why do you guys let WideRight get under your skin so badly ?

Your wrong...tell em to pick up a good Louisville school...then talk smack....I have seen highlands play...not impressed...
No I'm right. Like I said you should just stop.
Highlands shouldn't be even discussed in this thread. We are asking for our fellow Kentuckians to help the home state coach. That's all. Let wide right go man. He's not even worth the argument. I found that out last year myself. VOTE HAYWOOD!!!!!!!
I've voted for him several times.
FBALL Wrote:No I'm right. Like I said you should just stop.

No your wrong, and if you don't like what i say just ignore me like you asking me to do...I have a right to say what i want and when i want in this forum...now i have carpal tunnel from voting so much...so how bout you stop and mind your business..
Voting for Haywood again and again from Williamsburg nation :1:
No I'm still right. I was just trying to be helpful. Please keep expressing your opinions for all to enjoy.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I guess being a dumbass is a requirement to graduate from your school..And yes BELFRY would be undefeated with that schedule....TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

When you (and other Belfry fans) prove to me that you can put a legible sentence together I might take you seriously.

FBALL Wrote:I mean this with the utmost respect. You should stop now.

He should keep going, he types and thinks like Belfry's finest! :biglmao:
WideRight05 Wrote:When you (and other Belfry fans) prove to me that you can put a legible sentence together I might take you seriously.

He should keep going, he types and thinks like Belfry's finest! :biglmao:

Sentences don't win football games...but since you are so into grammar you must have been holding a clipboard on the sideline keeping stats for studs like me....I bet you was an all state statistician.....or wait you was the fat smart guy playing the tuba....because you obviously know nothing about the game of football..your just jealous of BELFRY and all their success...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Sentences don't win football games...but since you are so into grammar you must have been holding a clipboard on the sideline keeping stats for studs like me....I bet you was an all state statistician.....or wait you was the fat smart guy playing the tuba....because you obviously know nothing about the game of football..your just jealous of BELFRY and all their success...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I've got nothing to be jealous of. Belfry is a great program. I take it you were one of these "superstars" on the field (easy to say behind a computer screen Confusednicker: ) that couldn't be a superstar elsewhere in life.
I know I'm going to regret this and I really am trying to stay neutral. But, Belfry's, as well as almost anybody else's history of success, not named Trinity, pale in comparison to Highland's.
looks like Haywood is about to be overtaken as the leader in the region. Hopefully the ky fans can rally the vote
AtlPirateFan Wrote:looks like Haywood is about to be overtaken as the leader in the region. Hopefully the ky fans can rally the vote

Now I'm tempted to pitch in a vote or two for Haywood, since that guy isn't the best either...

Shame that the coach that IMO is far and beyond the best on this only has 2% of the vote.
Haywood losing now....
Come on folks. Share the link on Facebook or whatever lets support Haywood. He is representing Kentucky. We are now behind.
Feels like a Belfry state championship game....lol....you guys left yourselves wide open on that one.
Belfry used to smack highlands around however it would be a completely different ball game this year.