Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA @ Middlesboro 10/11/13
I'm shocked to see no one is talking about this game. This is a huge home game for the Jackets after a big bounce back win vs Union Co. The Yellow Jackets haven't won a district game in two years. Now I think they win the whole thing. Thoughts?

Middlesboro: 35
LCA: 14
my sleeper team in 2a middlesboro but i pick Somerset to win 2a from the east.
middlesboro 36 Lca 12 Confusedmoke:
If Middlesboro can't win this game they need to forgo the playoffs.
teampaul Wrote:I'm shocked to see no one is talking about this game. This is a huge home game for the Jackets after a big bounce back win vs Union Co. The Yellow Jackets haven't won a district game in two years. Now I think they win the whole thing. Thoughts?

Middlesboro: 35
LCA: 14
If you are referring to the whole thing as the (State Championship) you are living in fantasy world.. A team that shows up and plays against a pretty decent 1A team (Pikeville) like they did giving up 77 points? Cant be taken serious as a state title contender? Wake up and get real my friend! Of course you might just be referring to the whole ditrict? Can you explain what u mean??
Dang, someone just got cuz slapped back to reality.
Sorry I guess I should've explained myself more. I do feel like Middlesboro could potentially play for a state title game, however this would be a long shot. It would take lots of big breaks, and lots more luck.

I feel like Middlesboro wins the district easily is what I was referring to. I think the Pikeville game was a fluke. The Panthers are a good ball club but they are not that good. It should've been a one possession type game. I see more of a regional championship in the Yellow Jackets future
The last time I saw the Jackets, they looked pretty darn good. Of course, that was in 1998. I just can't get that one out my mind. We were 14-0, 14-0, it just kills me.
mysonis55 Wrote:The last time I saw the Jackets, they looked pretty darn good. Of course, that was in 1998. I just can't get that one out my mind. We were 14-0, 14-0, it just kills me.

Yeah 98 was a good year to be a Middlesboro fan. Lots of speed. Lots of strength. :rockon:
teampaul Wrote:Sorry I guess I should've explained myself more. I do feel like Middlesboro could potentially play for a state title game, however this would be a long shot. It would take lots of big breaks, and lots more luck.

I feel like Middlesboro wins the district easily is what I was referring to. I think the Pikeville game was a fluke. The Panthers are a good ball club but they are not that good. It should've been a one possession type game. I see more of a regional championship in the Yellow Jackets future

You think they win the district easily? I wouldn't be fooled by Somersets 3-3 record considering their competition and how they've played as of late. Their best athlete has played ONE game this season, a 35-13 win against a dang good Glasgow team. Jumpers haven't lost a district game in 5 years... Middlesboro may get them but I wouldn't say it's gonna be an easy win in the district
Middlesboro begins their district reign of terror:

MHS - 56

LCA - 7
Jackets take this one and win their first district game in 2 years!
42-14
teampaul Wrote:Sorry I guess I should've explained myself more. I do feel like Middlesboro could potentially play for a state title game, however this would be a long shot. It would take lots of big breaks, and lots more luck.

Easily, Easily a team who has not won a Dist. Game in 2 years going to Easily beat a Team who has not Lost a Dist. Game in 4 years. Easily, Middlesboro may win but it want be EASILY!!!!:lame:

1A teams in the east is not a Fluke had to say that Confusedhh:
Yellow Jackets will swarm LCA for an 18 point win. Somerset will not be so easy.
Middlesboro 28
LCA 12
Maybe I am fooled by the Jumpers record? 3-3 sounds bad but I haven't seen them play. I know they lost to Hazard who isn't as good as Pikeville. So I figured their talent might have just been a little below us.

On top of that we're returning everyone from the team that should've beat Somerset by two TDs last year. Middlesboro is better than that team last year and Somerset, as good of a programs as they are, can only reload so much.

Switching topic LCA is 1-5. Why such a drop off?
teampaul Wrote:Maybe I am fooled by the Jumpers record? 3-3 sounds bad but I haven't seen them play. I know they lost to Hazard who isn't as good as Pikeville. So I figured their talent might have just been a little below us.

On top of that we're returning everyone from the team that should've beat Somerset by two TDs last year. Middlesboro is better than that team last year and Somerset, as good of a programs as they are, can only reload so much.

Switching topic LCA is 1-5. Why such a drop off?

Where's your logic about pikeville and Hazard? regardless of circumstance Pikeville still pasted 77 pts on the board against the boro. Somerset was on their fourth sting running back at hazard, had two d lineman out, and still had the lead most of the hazard game (and even after they relinquished it they had a chance to win at the end but threw an INT). Jumpers other two losses are to Pulaski Co., who is a top 3 5A team and to #1 3A Belfry. The Belfry game Somerset had their opportunities as well, the halftime score was 14-13 Belfry but Somerset had a lot of momentum.

Last years game in the crater the officiating was terrible and Middlesboro played about as well as they possibly could, and somerset (on their way to their 4th straight regional title and middlesboro's 1st round playoff loss) played terrible, second half when Somersets best two defenders went back in the ball game (Tevin slaughter ripped his knuckle in 1st half and had to get stitches and Bridge Smith was banged up on the first series but was able to wrap and go) Middlesboro had a tough time moving the football. At that point in the season Somerset was also transitioning a freshman QB Castle Hatcher who is playing very well right now.

Jumpers are not as good as they were last year defensively, but offensively they're becoming pretty deadly.

Middlesboro beats LCA for their first district win in a long time, the jackets are very good this year, but coming to Somerset is going to be a wake up call for the boro. Jumpers still own the district for at least another year.