Poll: Who You Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence Co. Bulldogs
58.33%
Pike Central Hawks
41.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Pike Central (10/11/13)
Alright, huge game next week with a likely 1st round home playoff spot on the line as Lawrence Co. makes the trip to Pikeville to take on Pike Central.

Thoughts & Predictions?
I'll take the hawks in a shootout.
49-45
Pike county central 50 Lawrence co 38 Confusedhh:
Lawrence by 6 in a very competitive game. Can't sleep on Pike Central. They are very good.
This will be a great game to broadcast. I'm excited for this one. Both teams are playing really good right now. Which defense cant get stops, and turnovers?
Big game with huge implications... the 2 seed basically has a pretty clear path to the Regional Finals... the 3 seed gets to have their season end in the 2nd Round.

Think this has the potential to be a classic, Think both defenses actually play their best game of the year when everyone expects a shootout:

Lawrence Co 34
Pike Central 32
I would say that Pike Central is still a pass team so you will probably see #10 and #11 in the defensive backfield all night long. If the Dawgs can get the run going and get that human bowling ball of a FB going with some long drives keeping Pike off the field then the dawgs win this thing. IMO the offense that wins the time of possession wins this game. I like my Dawgs
28-21
What kind of defense does Pike Central have this year and how good are they at stoping the run. If they have trouble with the run that passing attack may not see the field much. We have a very good offensive line this year and we have a few good backs who can run and then a few quick receivers who can, "when you least expect it" catch a bomb and take it to the house.
Both offenses are very explosive and when you have that either one of two things will happen. It will be a shoot out,or both defenses will focus on the opposing offense that this could be a defensive game. Pike central is weak against the run, and lc is a very good rushing team. The key is lc is healthy this year, last year they wasn't.
This one will be a dandy.
Best I can tell from what people have said is that Pike has struggled a little with run defense this year. Pound for Pound I think we are just as good at running the ball as Fairview, but we have something that Fairview doesn't and that is we have two quick receivers who can get down the field and a QB who can get it to em.
LC in a close one and gets them ready for the Belfry game. PC finishes third in the district, but is part of a 3/4 winning district come playoff time and travels to CAM in the second round.-
Lawrence County gained alot of confidence beating Raceland. They could habe had an emptional let down and lost last week but didnt. I think they win this one and get the 2 seed and the thing is, this LC team takes advantages of mistakes made by other teams and they themselves dont make many mistakes. If there is one team that has the chance to atleast give Belfrey a game, BEFORE the state semi's, its this LC team.
Flip a coin.....
why does lc think they can beat pcc they have not beat them the last 2 year pcc qb is better that last year pcc is at home and by 2 td
If this game would be played at LC , i would say LC wins by 10 . Since this game is at PCC i will say PCC will take this game ..with that said i will say i hope i am wrong, i am pulling for the Dawgs . I have seen both play , & my opioion is LC is definitely top to bottom the better team .
Last year Pike Central won this game but Lawrence moved the ball over all the Hawks and that was without two of their best skill players not playing. They had a freshman at tailback who was new, and he turned the ball over. This will be a much different game. I expect a huge battle between these two teams.
FreightShaKer Wrote:Flip a coin.....

And it will be Lawrence County in a barn burner!!

Dawgs take this one by 8!
Reddog00 Wrote:why does lc think they can beat pcc they have not beat them the last 2 year pcc qb is better that last year pcc is at home and by 2 td

The game isn't being played 2 years ago. It's being played Friday.
This is gonna be a classic.
LC is going to open some eyes in this one!!! Dawgs by 20
Honestly, I don't see either team blowing out the other teams. Both have great offenses, but give up some plays on defense. Which defense can get stops, and force some turnovers will win this game. I know one things, it's going to be fun to broadcast lol.
What impressed me with LC was their ball control. Not many mistakes or penalties, and they seemed to be happy with 3/4 yards a carry every down. Seemed they were always looking and 3rd and 2 or less. And the FB nearly got that just falling down. I think LC will win the tos battle and come away with the win.
It all starts with the offensive line who has done a great job I think, and the quarterback. AJ might be one of more elusive quarterbacks in the state. He runs the offense very well.
LC will be very happy with 3/4 yards per run all night long. If they can establish the FB early then it could be a long night for PC. However, the secondary for LC better play one of their better games of the year this Friday.
passing attack from PC is to much...PC by 14
Thats why i think the Raceland win and how they made the secondary adjustments against Messer, Beech, and Vance, has prepared them for teams like this.
Raceland had Wr's running wide open more than what I was able to see on Ihigh.com. Couple times they had the ball and just dropped it. I never understood playing so far off the WR and giving them so much room to run. This isnt the NFL here. I would like to see LC closer to the LS in more of a pressing man to man or closer than what they have been playing.
I like the defensive changes LC has made within the past few weeks in the secondary. It gives them more depth, speed, and leadership.

Straybullet I agree with you
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I like the defensive changes LC has made within the past few weeks in the secondary. It gives them more depth, speed, and leadership.

Straybullet I agree with you

I like having Cyrus and Dalton in the secondary, it gives LC experience and athleticism from sideline to sideline. There may be a reason LC plays off and gives the opposing WR's so much padding but I dont understand why. Then again Im no football guru either.