Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates, 2014
I know it is a long time off but with all the young talent on this team, I can't help but think about what the lineup will look like next season.

Belfry fans in the know, take a stab at who you think will play and where. You don't have to throw the whole lineup out there if you don't want, I just want to talk about some positions and see who we think might play them.
I'll start with a question about QB, who will step in there? Taylor did a fantastic job filling in last season and he will be a senior with lots of game experience.

Wellman and Catron can run the offense but I've heard both have seriously questionable throwing capability.

So at this point, who do you think will call the plays in 2014?
I think this thread is best left for December but I don't have a kid on the team so i will bite.

QB: Taylor
RB: Willis
RB: Fletcher
FB: hatfield
T: Gibbs
G:
C: Francis
G: Mullins
T: A. Dotson
TE: Bently
WR:

DE: Hall
DT: Horton
NG: Whitt
DT:
DE: Fransisco/TJ Dotson
LB: Stanley
LB: Sanger
CB: Willis
CB: Taylor
S: Catron
S: Edwards
A lot less questions in '14 then '13... PayToPlay is about right. I figure either Hall or Hatfield moves to LB with Dakota, then whoever doesn't plays DE with Francisco/Dotson. I'd say Cole Bentley takes that DT spot that's open. The other guard spot could go to Jeremy Harrison #52, or Brayden Preece #56.
They may try to make moves to get Willis and Taylor off of defense.

WR may be Austin Woolum.
Bentley has the potential to be a great player. The kind of guy you play on both sides. Horton may fall into that category too. It will be interesting to see how he progresses. If he loses baby fat and works on his speed/quickness, I could see him pushing for time at FB and DE. If he gets bigger, he could plug in at G if needed.

Hall has crazy upside. With a good offseason and dedication to the weight room, he has all state potential IMO. What about Chase Dove? What about upcoming Frosh Varney? Willhe be mature enough to push for time?
You guys have a real shot at a title in '13 worry about just enjoying the ride.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:You guys have a real shot at a title in '13 worry about just enjoying the ride.
Thanks for the advice tomcatfan, but we are enjoying the ride and we aren't worried about anything. This discussion is a glimpse through the looking glass into next season and is taking nothing away from this season. No harm being done here.