Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 28 Lawrence County 6
Final
how is lc looking this year? they are usually a tuff team.
A hard week of practice really paid off. Way to go Belfry! Great way to roll into district play next week.
Great job and good luck next week
LC didn't look bad, but the rain took away both teams' ability to pass well, there were some flubbed snaps from the gun, and Belfry just wore them down. Grind grind grind, and it's tough to keep pressure up on Belfry when they do a pretty good job of subbing in guys. This Belfry team is quite deep.

No one runs well against Belfry's D, and with the rain LC had a tough time passing. Belfry's depth showed though, as LC held up fine in the first half, but just broke down in the second. It would have been a much different game in 75 degrees and dry, I guarantee it.

I didn't have a very good vantage point, so I wasn't able to pick out the stars for LC. Lil G came up big for us tonight, and Andrew Elkins came in at QB to spark us offensively. Not to take anything away from Ryan, 'cause even though he had a rough time at QB tonight early, he played stellar DB, knocking away a pass and picking another off. The running backs of course did a fine job tonight, I think G, CC, and Maydo all had 100+ for the game.

After Belfry got going late in the 2nd Q it was typical Belfry. Good game (though not the performance of last week), and I'm glad to have suffered through the rain.
congrats Belfry
I gotta admit i was a lil worried there at first,But we came through like the champions we are GO BIG BUCS!!!!!! I saw a change up in the first Quarter...And it works!! Always STAY with what works!!!!
Congrats Pirates.....
WAY TO GO PIRATES
I was shocked with the QB change but I have said it to many peopl, Andrew is a special kid and will be a special athlete at BHS in football and basketball.
All Andrew needs is a lil more time behind THAT center during practice!!!!!! < Get that relationship, and we will go to and win STATE!! We got the Bachs and the Line to make it happen! IMO.
Congrats Pirates.....
congrats to belfry
good win belfry hope u and sheldon clark play in the regions agian this year
Rocky Wrote:All Andrew needs is a lil more time behind THAT center during practice!!!!!! < Get that relationship, and we will go to and win STATE!! We got the Bachs and the Line to make it happen! IMO.

Who is the starting center?

As a matter of fact who are the starting linemen this year?
BurntTires Wrote:Congrats Pirates.....

hey man i tried yelling at who I thought was you at the end of the game in front of the consession stand but you must not have heard me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Lc was hurting with out i starter and 2 who were only about 50% and one of those didnt play the 2nd half. They showed a lot of improvement but I know some fans wont say that, they may even say they looked worse but thats they way it goes. Belfry hads a great team and will go deep in the playoffs but they need to get a handle on the fumbles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I think that we illiminated some fumble possibilties early in the game but, weather will create that factor.
There will be more postings about the change up later on "Im positive!!"
Dont go to bed guys!! The night is young lol nite Smile
Under the circumstances lawrence county really didnt play too bad.
Congrats Pirates!! Andrew Is Proving To Be A Real Go Getter!! Dustin Was Great As Usual, And G Epling Had A Great Game!!! Of Course Hoss Always Comes Through With The Extra's. In Pirate Fasion, We Started Slow, Then Pulled Out The Big Guns.... Sometimes I Think Its Better For Us If The Other Team Scores First... It Forces Us To Get Our Heads In The Games And Take Care Of Business..... See Ya Next Friday!!!!
congrats Belfry, nice way to bounce back after last week
Any info on how Chapman did for Belfry? Haven't heard his name mentioned much latley.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Any info on how Chapman did for Belfry? Haven't heard his name mentioned much latley.

According to the Williamson Daily News this morning:

Corey Chapman 94 yds
Dustin May 134 yds, 1 TD
G Epling 111 yds, 2 TD's
Andrew Elkins 44 yd TD pass to Shawn Dotson
great job belfry
First of all, with the field conditions that i assume LC had and all of eastern kentucky had, fumbles and turnovers are to be expected. This is pretty much the score I thought that we would see. Belfry exposed LC weakness which is running the ball right at you. Belfry looks to be solid once again and i think that LC is in for a long season. Congrats to Belfry on the win and good luck to LC next week.
Congrats Belfry
Andrew did a heck of a job. Dustin and G played great. Chapman looked a whole lot better than he did last week. Every player goes through that spurt but come playoff time Chapman will be ready to have his team back at the carpet in Louisville. He's a team leader, and from what I understand he's he the whole team looks up to the most.
did chapman play the whole game