Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA Today Poll - Phillip Haywood
USA today has chosen Coach Haywood as one of the top 8 coaches in the state of KY. He needs votes to show support of him and the Pirates! This is the first step of 3 different voting steps that will need to be completed. Help now by voting (you can as many times as you want!) and SHARE to get everyone in on this!!!! Let's get to voting!!!!
Trinity and Louisville Central are at a huge advantage...come on Eastern Kentucky...SHOW YOUR MOUNTAIN PRIDE!!!

http://contest.usatodayhss.com/vote/bestcoach2013/ky
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry but I have to go with Ivan McGlone from Russell.
I would have voted for Haywood, but I saw Ivan McGlone on there.:flame:
You can vote more than once for the coach you like.
Ivan !
I cant find Joker Phillips on the list.
^^
LOL

Definately will vote for Haywood! Will share the link on my facebook, too...tomorrow.
Dead tired right now!!
Is this for past coaching acomplishments? If so I see no problem with voting for Ivan. But if its for current coaching ability Ivan is several yrs removed from being one of the better coaches in the state
I hate popular votes. Can we really say Haywood is a better coach than Muller or Beatty? I mean I love the man, but we can't compare them all together. It's just not fair.
Real Badman Wrote:I hate popular votes. Can we really say Haywood is a better coach than Muller or Beatty? I mean I love the man, but we can't compare them all together. It's just not fair.

Agreed, say McGlone and Haywood would have had Muller and Beattys job, would they have had the same success, would they have more or less success at Russell and Belfrey, who knows
I fully support Mr. Haywood this guy has class and expects it from his team and it shows in both. Not to mention that hes a great coach. Good luck
Real Badman Wrote:I hate popular votes. Can we really say Haywood is a better coach than Muller or Beatty? I mean I love the man, but we can't compare them all together. It's just not fair.

Muller or Beatty were not options in the voting.
Granny Bear Wrote:Muller or Beatty were not options in the voting.

Beatty is choice A and Mueller is B. I have to agree with Real Badman that these two coaches would seem to have more significant success.
Granny Bear Wrote:Muller or Beatty were not options in the voting.

Yes they were. The options were Dale Mueller, Bob Beatty, Philip Haywood, Tom Larkey, Ivan McGlone, Ty Scroggins, Mike Holcolm and Kevin Wallace

With Larkey on the list, your facebook friends may not like you campaigning for Haywood. Big Grin
These things are popularity contests. Fans will vote with blind loyalty for their own guy, kind of like some of the votes you see in the AP polls frequently.

Still, it is an honor being included in this group, no matter how the votes turn out. There are 8 very good coaches on this list.

Current Voting Results

Haywood 4552
McGlone 3962
Wallace 3332
Scroggins 1007
Holcolm 914
Beatty 845
Larkey 149
Mueller 111
bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Okay, I was willing to admit that I overlooked a couple of coaches, i.e. Mueller & Beatty but I would've recognized Larkey. Swear to you, I don't think they were there the first time I visited!!
Wink

Yep, I'll need to remove my endorsement of Haywood from my FB page. Black Bear Mamas would run me out on a rail!!
Ivan McGlone's time has passed. Much like Bobby Bowden toward his final days as FSU's head man. Just a figure head until he calls it quits IMO.
I don't know you can not vote for Tom Larkey. He took a Rockcastle team that was nothing and turned them into a power. And he literally built Harlan Co from the ground up. The other coaches are incredible but Larkey has done something that none of the others has, and that's build two programs from basically scratch.
For my football friends in Belfry and the respect I have for the program,,,, Haywood got
my vote.....
BackShoulderThrow Wrote:Ivan McGlone's time has passed. Much like Bobby Bowden toward his final days as FSU's head man. Just a figure head until he calls it quits IMO.

just a figure head now, sad really.
Voted for Phil
All time win leader. Class act. Exceptional program. I voted for Haywood.:Thumbs:
I voted for Haywood TongueirateSho
I voted for Haywood. First class program. Mueller and Beatty have more championships but Haywood strikes me as one of those guys that can take his team and beat you then trade teams and still beat you. Plus he seems like a first class person.
Vote!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am not from Belfry, but there is not a better coach in the state. I for sure will vote for Coach Haywood. No one even close to Coach. I am continually amazed at what he does down in Belfry.
Just voted. Everyone from eastern KY cast your vote. Good luck Coach Haywood!
well i think this yr is his 39 yr at coaching and i say he stays to atleast 45 so if i counted right i voted one time per yr and voted for him 45 times..classy coach and fine man,,hope u win coach Haywood...
I voted for I think is the best coach in the state. In my opinion, it's clearly Coach Haywood.