Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name that Team #2
Some changes have been made this time around. I'll post the answer tomorrow night/monday morning. Only 4 clues this time

Clue #1: This team has a rich football history

Clue #2: The year after a legendary coach left, they made it to the state finals

Clue #3: This team currently has someone ranked in the top 5 for offensive stats in their class

Clue #4: Shootout

Name that team
Mayfield
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Could you clarify #4 Shootout?
Trinity (Louisville)
Trinity
After retreading the clues, I am changing my guess to Male.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It couldbe Mayfield if he is referring to the 1993 state title game.
MAYFIELD

Clue 1: 9 Championships
Clue 2: Jack Morris coached 7 of the 9 Championships, In 1987 Mayfield lost in the Final, J. Morris left in 1986 to return in 2002 I believe.
Clue 3: Peyton Puckett #5 in off stats
Clue 4: In that 1987 game Mayfield and Danville were tied at the end of regulation 17-17. The final score in OT was Danville 24 Mayfield 23.
JagSwag Wrote:MAYFIELD

Clue 1: 9 Championships
Clue 2: Jack Morris coached 7 of the 9 Championships, In 1987 Mayfield lost in the Final, J. Morris left in 1986 to return in 2002 I believe.
Clue 3: Peyton Puckett #5 in off stats
Clue 4: In that 1987 game Mayfield and Danville were tied at the end of regulation 17-17. The final score in OT was Danville 24 Mayfield 23.

JagSwag

Your effort is there but your facts check is way off
1. 9 Time Title holder is correct
2. Jack Morris was head coach until he retired then Paul Leahy took over and won 2 titles then Leahy retired and was replaced by Jack Morris son Joe Morris. I am getting old but Jack retired in about 92 His son Joe took over in 99 I think it was.
3. Payton Puckett is the QB for the cross town High school Graves County. THe Mayfield QB is Jake Guhy whos stat sheet is actually better than Puckets

That said your anser may still be correct, the only part that would be unclear to me is what is meant by shootout.
Shoot out has to mean the Trinity/Male game in the state championship. So it is either T or M. :HitWall:
Jarons got it, the team was Male

Male has a rich football history, dating back to their nationally recognized rivalry with Manual. Chris Wolfe made the state finals the season after Bob Redman retired. Shootout referred to the state championship game between Trinity and Male