Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 55 East Ridge 7
final
Thoughts and prayers go out to the injured player Trey Little(East Ridge) and injured cheerleader Morgan Blair(Fairview). Both were taken to a local hospital by ambulance.
Fairview rolls as expected.
Raceland/Fairview who wins this season? Rams are loaded and want revenge,the coaching edge goes to Fairview.
congrats Fairview
I guess after tonights showing I'm gonna have to say it will Fairview. I thought all year long it was gonna be Raceland but they don't seem like they want it enough right now.
I agree mysonis55, Raceland right now to me is not mentally tough enough to get over the hurdle of beating Fairview, and everyone knows I am no fan of anything Westwood. But the facts remain that Raceland couldn't win the close games with Ashland or Lawrence County and from all I have been able to pick up, LC dominated that game a lot more than the score indicated. I would love to see Raceland beat Fairview, but I am more confident in Fairview winning this game by ten or more now.
All in all, I was not impressed with Fairview. Barring the first horribly called drive by the ref's, East Ridge was mostly competitive until they started giving up towards the end of the first half. But props for the program McPeek is building at Fairview, they seem to have their ducks in line.
Deebo Wrote:All in all, I was not impressed with Fairview. Barring the first horribly called drive by the ref's, East Ridge was mostly competitive until they started giving up towards the end of the first half. But props for the program McPeek is building at Fairview, they seem to have their ducks in line.

E.R. didn't give up, and I can say that honestly. We had some kids that got hurt, and we don't have experienced reserve players to fill the spots. Fairview is a very good team, no question. It was 15-7 with 5:00 or so until half-time, and once we took some injuries, things kinda snowballed on us.
If Fairview beats Raceland, then I think they will again be representing the east. The other region does not have a prayer of winning that game. 64, prove me wrong.
I forgot one thing, Hazard still lurks out there. That is a possibility.
Hey guys don't count Paintsville out just yet. Sure we're young but I look for the tigers to make some noise in our district this year.
Congrats to Fairview. Pikeville will come out of the East, easily.
Congrats Eagles!
Can Fairview get by the mighty Panthers? Here comes Pikeville!
E's Army Wrote:Can Fairview get by the mighty Panthers? Here comes Pikeville!

I don't know if Fairview can beat Pikeville or not, but I think Pikeville will be shocked at how fast and athletic the eagles are. People were thinking they were done because of what they lost in the offensive backfield but they replaced all of it with probably more speed then they had last year. If I was either team I would not count Raceland out of this thing just yet because they are very good and have the best defense of any 1a team in the east IMO and they say that defense wins championships. If Pikeville keeps having defensive problems then I promise you that Fairview can put up more points quicker then Middlesboro can.
I am going to now consider Raceland in the pretender category with Williamsburg. They are both there because of their lack of producing any wins against stout competition yet. If these 2 teams want respect they are gonna have to earn it the good old fashioned way, on the field. Don't come on here and tell me how they are, just wait to see if the teams can earn it.