Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 49 Sheldon Clark 6
About as expected...several Pirates sat out to avoid further injury.. Belfry jumped out 21-0 after 5 plays from scrimmage then began heavy rotations. Kudos to SC as they did have about an 80 yard drive for a TD in the First Half.

Belfry's youngsters got a ton of valuable playing time.
Belfry proving they are 1 or 2 in the mountains.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry proving they are 1 or 2 in the mountains.

i say right know number 2, behind JC, hopefully that will change week 10
I'm a firm believer that "Your not the champion until you've defended the title."

Belfry did beat JC last year... and everybody is saying that Belfry and JC are #1 and #2 in the 'mountains'.

Until JC beats Belfry, then Belfry should be considered #1 in the 'mountains'.

As Ric Flair says.... "To Be The Man.... You Gotta Beat The Man!!!!"
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm a firm believer that "Your not the champion until you've defended the title."

Belfry did beat JC last year... and everybody is saying that Belfry and JC are #1 and #2 in the 'mountains'.

Until JC beats Belfry, then Belfry should be considered #1 in the 'mountains'.

As Ric Flair says.... "To Be The Man.... You Gotta Beat The Man!!!!"

Stop that talk..Belfry wants to be the underdog with the chip on their shoulder. We called it first. Back off and accept your role as heavy favorite.

Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Stop that talk..Belfry wants to be the underdog with the chip on their shoulder. We called it first. Back off and accept your role as heavy favorite.

Big Grin

Hey pal.... Belfry borders West Virginia and West Virginia borders Ohio.

And we at JC hate any team close to NKY. So technically, Belfry should be a NKY team. lol

Confusednicker:

And JC always feel like the underdog against any NKY team.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Hey pal.... Belfry borders West Virginia and West Virginia borders Ohio.

And we at JC hate any team close to NKY. So technically, Belfry should be a NKY team. lol

Confusednicker:

You should!! :biggrin:

I swear, I just couldn't resist it!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Hey pal.... Belfry borders West Virginia and West Virginia borders Ohio.

Confusednicker:

From what I have heard on Matney's radio show over the years JC has yet to enter a game they were not the underdog.

I think he even billed one of those Canadian Teams as an International Champion and the homeschooled team was actually just a bunch of kids who were bored with Indiana 6A Football and wanted to form their own dream team.

Big Grin
Congrats Belfry. The dawgs play SC friday and I am very interested to see how we play em compared to you. It is IMO a huge complement to a program that other teams strive to be where you are and want to compare where they are to you to see how far they have to go.
I didn't hear the whole game but was surpised that 2 of the first 3 pirate td's were in the air. Anyone got stats? Did we pass more than usual?
Listened to this on the radio. Austin Hatfield and Cole Bentley were held out with what I assume are minor ailments. Didn't matter as Horton filled in at TE, Carr played FB, and X Willis stepped up. The good news is if an injury to a ball carrier happens, depth (talented) is there. Andrew Fletcher keeps breaking long TD runs from the fullback spot. He seems to have HB speed. Pirates won't have much of a drop off (if any) next season in the backfield.

Heard on the radio Sheldon Clark has ZERO seniors. Tough year in Inez.
No surprise here; congratulations Pondy Pirates!! Wink

It would appear that every rivalry game this year is played on November 1st!! Bad news for me, I would make the drive and be grateful to watch the Pirates play the Eagles, but Lord willing, I will be loud and proud behind my Black Bears as they travel to Bell County.

November 1st will be quite telling this year in football!!!
007Pirate Wrote:I didn't hear the whole game but was surpised that 2 of the first 3 pirate td's were in the air. Anyone got stats? Did we pass more than usual?

Belfry had 35 points on 8 offensive plays when I lost data reception as I was driving. In that time Belfry went to the air 2/8 plays with a TD to Taylor and a TD to Horton. Warren had two long carries and a TD. Johnson had a TD carry. Carr had 3 carries for about 15 yards a pop and a TD. The 5th TD was on a 68 yard kick return by X Willis which apparently had a blooper real moment when a kid ran to get the kickoff tee as Willis went right by him.

At that point there was around 4:00 left before the Half..how it went from there I am assuming was lots of runs from a younger backfield.