Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Transfer Rule
What are the toughts about the new KHSAA transfer rule involving the following of a coach (school and AAU)? Can or will the KHSAA for back to the beginning of the school year and change the eligibilty status of some players? The rule states it is effective 2013-2014 school year but was adopted on September 19.

The rule states:

c) if a student participates on a school team that is coached by a coach associated in that same sport at a high school, and the student then transfers to
the member school where the coach is employed (paid or volunteer at any level);
d) if a student participates on non-school (i.e. AAU, American Legion, club settings, summer program, etc.) team that is affiliated with or coached by a
coach associated in that same sport at a member school and the student then transfers to the member school where a coach is employed (paid or
volunteer at any level);
You don't have what happens to the student. Is he not eligible?

You can almost never go backwards and change previous rulings due to new rules. That's why you have a date when the rule goes into effect.
I really doubt that the KHSAA would go back and revoke any students eligibility over this...
and even if they did...

File a court injunction, lawyer makes a bunch of motions to slow the case down and as long as the case is open the player can play...
and even if the kid is ruled ineligible afterwards there is no penalty in place like there is in college for playing an ineligible player.

Until they change THAT rule - none of these other ones really matter.

And although you didn't cite where this rule's number, I'm sure it's listed with all of the other transfer rules and has the list of 'exceptions' under it (i.e. change of address, guardianship, boarding school, etc)

So this is probably just another flimsy transfer rule.
there should be an e) added to the rule stating that the application of these rules shall be subjective rather than objective.
KHSAA does what it wants regardless of rules.
There's a rule?