Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- EKY
1. Johnson Central- Eagles look very, very impressive
2. Belfry- Pirates are nothing to sneeze at after utterly destroying Pikeville
3. Harlan County- Bears find themselves much closer to #4 this week than #2 last week
4. Middlesboro- Jackets continue to roll..nice chance to improve their status this week vs. Pikeville
5. Ashland- Tomcats return after crushing Ironton, OH. It hasn't been pretty but Tomcats win over Raceland is the difference maker now

Game of the Week:
Lawrence County @ Raceland- Rams have a chance to make a statement and claim the edge as the best 1A team (for now at least).
I still say its a toss up between Belfry and JC at the top. Giving the edge to JC because of the point difference between the Harlan County games. Should be a good game at the end of the year.
Thats a great boost for Raceland when a 4A school can use the phrase- "That win was a difference maker now." Great win for Ashland, Great to be used a measuring stick for the region for the Rams also.
RamPride Wrote:Thats a great boost for Raceland when a 4A school can use the phrase- "That win was a difference maker now." Great win for Ashland, Great to be used a measuring stick for the region for the Rams also.

It really is.

EKY is a little weak this year as teams like Breathitt County, Pburg, Bell County, and even Perry Central are all "down". Right now 1-4 is pretty much apart form the field, then you have a whole cluster of teams contending for that 5 spot:

Ashland
Mason County- Who is undefeated but not looking very strong
Lawrence County- Who lost to Fairview
Bell County- Who's only signature win is over a down Knox Central

Then you have the 1A teams who are interchangeable:
Pikeville
Hazard
Fairview
Raceland

Right now Hazard is 4th of those with losses to Pikeville and Fairview. Pikeville is probably 3rd ahead of Hazard, but no other signature win. Raceland is probably 2nd by way of their lone loss being to Ashland and playing up for 4 wins against less than stellar opponents. Fairview, by way of their Hazard and Lawrence County wins, has to be in the front.

Nonetheless,, those 4 are basically interchangeable in the grand scheme and have to be ahead of Lawrence County and Mason County.
ekysports05 Wrote:I still say its a toss up between Belfry and JC at the top. Giving the edge to JC because of the point difference between the Harlan County games. Should be a good game at the end of the year.

I don't know! There is one belfrey fan willing to bet 5000 dollars on belfry beats Johnson Central by 6. As a Johnson Central fan I say one game at a time!
EKUALUM05 leaving Williamsburg off your 1A interchangeable team is a joke.don't blame you being afraid of hazard,pikeville,fairview and Raceland new sherriff in town 2013 in 1a and that's Williamsburg :welcome: to my eastern Kentucky Alum 2013 :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:EKUALUM05 leaving Williamsburg off your 1A interchangeable team is a joke.don't blame you being afraid of hazard,pikeville,fairview and Raceland new sherriff in town 2013 in 1a and that's Williamsburg :welcome: to my eastern Kentucky Alum 2013 :biglmao:

Wburg is in SKY Region
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wburg is in SKY Region

Dang it I want to be in the east :flush: :flush: :flush: