Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Remaining Games
Sheldon Clark- there one of worst teams in the state

Gallia Academy- ranked 247 in Ohio

Christian Academy of Knoxville, TN-1-3 on the yr and ranked 82 in TN this yr

Lawrence County-- getting better and probally finishes 2nd behind Belfry

Pike County Central--Belfry rolls them like Pikeville

JC--should be good game,at this point it looks like JC is the better team,so Belfry needs this one going in playoffs..
I think belfry needs to lose the JC game and then be focused on the playoff....
Sounds about right to me and I love the part about Lawrence County getting better. We seem to get better every week and that is all you can ask for. I don't know anything about the Ohio and Ten teams but I think you could win out but the JC game will be a good one. I got to see JC play against Harlan County friday night and they are good but you just never know how they will match up against Belfry because Belfry and Harlan County are two different teams. We have had some very disappointing games this year in the mountains that never lived up to the hype but something tells me that this one will.
How about JC loses and gets focused on the playoffs. Don't either of these teams need to lose to get focused. They've got battle tested coaches who know how to get a team focused.
I agree with what E said. Both coaches know what to do to get their teams focused. My self I'm a fan of momentum going into the playoffs. To me a win is better than losing and keeping the momentum going. But it's just my opinion.
I don't think either Belfry or JC needs to lose a game heading into the playoffs. However, a little adversity will be good for both teams. Unfortunately, for both teams, the final game of the season may be the only opportunity for that.
Gallia Academy 3-1 so far is looking like a Middlesboro level team. Very good offense but I have a feeling their defense is suspect. Belfry should be favored there, but should be a competitive game.

Heavy favorite against Pike Central and Sheldon Clark.. most likely running clock games.

Lawrence County is a quality team. Probably good enough to force Belfry to play their starters until at least the start of the 4th.

Two obvious places for losses are at CAK, who is 2-3, but their 3 losses are to Knoxville Webb (a Top 15 overall team in TN), perennial powerhouse Knoxville Catholic by 3, and a historically strong Powell team by 1. CAK is the equivalent of like a Lexington Catholic or a Boyle County. Should be a tossup game with Belfry entering as a slight underdog. Johnson Central has to be a favorite against Belfry on paper.

I am seeing 8-2 most likely with 9-1 as a pretty good chance splitting the two tossup games.
I think Belfry goes 9-1 with a close loss to Johnson Central in there final game.
Then they have a cakewalk to finals when it could be Wayne County or Central.

Belfry has a LEGITIMATE shot at bringing hom a state title.
Heres to hoping they do. I dont like seeing teams sneak away with wins year after year like Central does to win the title. Im rooting for Corbin to get there, but if they lose to Wayne next week theyll have to beat Central and then Wayne in the playoffs to get to Bowling Green.
Wayne is tough. Im thinking a Wayne/Belfry state championship game.
Good luck Pirates.
Gallia Academy has been putting up a ton of points and are 3-1. I think that will be an interesting game. I am glad CAK lost that QB from last year. Guy was awesome and would have picked Belfry apart. That game will be difficult with such a drive.

JC will be a tall order.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Gallia Academy has been putting up a ton of points and are 3-1. I think that will be an interesting game. I am glad CAK lost that QB from last year. Guy was awesome and would have picked Belfry apart. That game will be difficult with such a drive.

JC will be a tall order.

Gallia also got waxed and gave up 60+ in their loss to the lone quality team they played.
Belfry run the table if not Johnson central will :argue:
I don't know Belfry is Belfry and always has been. I am starting to see alot of The Chuke Williams Offense and Play Calling from LC and Coach Short. And rightly so Coach Short in His day was one of the Best at The Option anywhere. I think back to when LC spanked Belfry back in the day like they pretty much did everyone else to. I am looking for LC to come out Full Blown and we will see an Offense like we once saw and never seen since. But gonna let Belfry be Belfry and about like Ashland, and Johnson Central think that no one can beat them in Eastern Ky. But I remember a Time and A Day not to very long ago......... R.i.p Coach
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I don't know Belfry is Belfry and always has been. I am starting to see alot of The Chuke Williams Offense and Play Calling from LC and Coach Short. And rightly so Coach Short in His day was one of the Best at The Option anywhere. I think back to when LC spanked Belfry back in the day like they pretty much did everyone else to. I am looking for LC to come out Full Blown and we will see an Offense like we once saw and never seen since. But gonna let Belfry be Belfry and about like Ashland, and Johnson Central think that no one can beat them in Eastern Ky. But I remember a Time and A Day not to very long ago......... R.i.p Coach

:Thumbs:
Belfry will run the table on everyone left on their schedule. Pirates have a legit shot at bringing home the hardware this season.
Baseball12 Wrote:Belfry will run the table on everyone left on their schedule. Pirates have a legit shot at bringing home the hardware this season.

You could be very right but I promise you that Johnson Central is very good and will give Belfry all they want and then some. When I went to the Johnson -v- Harlan game friday I knew that the eagles were pretty good but they blew my expectations away. I don't think you or Johnson Central should hang your hats on the Harlan Co win though because Harlan is haveing all kinds of problems and are a shell of the team from last year at this point. Im not big on the common opponent thing but if you like to go that way then I think Johnson Central beat Harlan much more soundly then Belfry did. This game was a 36 point running clock with time left in the 2nd quarter and Johnson letting off the gas in the 2nd half and if you had all the starters in for 4 quarters this game could be 60-14 easily with the way the game was going. I think when the two of you meet it could be the best team either of you have faced in the Mountains this season.
Do-double-gg Wrote:You could be very right but I promise you that Johnson Central is very good and will give Belfry all they want and then some. When I went to the Johnson -v- Harlan game friday I knew that the eagles were pretty good but they blew my expectations away. I don't think you or Johnson Central should hang your hats on the Harlan Co win though because Harlan is haveing all kinds of problems and are a shell of the team from last year at this point. Im not big on the common opponent thing but if you like to go that way then I think Johnson Central beat Harlan much more soundly then Belfry did. This game was a 36 point running clock with time left in the 2nd quarter and Johnson letting off the gas in the 2nd half and if you had all the starters in for 4 quarters this game could be 60-14 easily with the way the game was going. I think when the two of you meet it could be the best team either of you have faced in the Mountains this season.

Belfry fans need not bullshit themselves. Are we a solid team with a chance at 3A this year? Absolutely. But RIGHT NOW, Johnson Central would put a spanking on us. Why? Because they're gonna run the ball right us and I don't feel like our front seven has progressed to the point (YET) where they could handle the big heavies of Johnson Central banging on them for four quarters. Talent wise, we have nothing to worry about. We have talented kids, they just have to get GAME experience in there and improve. LUCKILY I truly believe by week 10 they will have progressed to that point or close. We need not get big headed yet. There's a long way to go, and a lot of getting better to do. Luckily we have kids out there who have progressed a ton (don't believe me watch Somerset to Pikeville on film) in just four weeks. Promising for us, but Johnson Central is loaded right now. I'm a one game at a time kind of guy, as well. We have no idea what we're getting with Gallia because out of state football is almost always better than here, same with CAK and you know we won't get a call or any love down there as the visitors (which is our advantage with Gallia coming here)... but a game that scares me is Lawrence County. I haven't seen them on film but they're putting some points up and I think Belfry could overlook those guys. I think as of what I've seen right now Lawrence may be meeting us for a regional title.

What I'm trying to say is, stop looking at week 10. We have to improve so much from Game 5 to Game 10, so we can make a run at game 15 that we need to enjoy week-to-week how much better our kids are getting. We get 15 weeks of football out of 52 in a year, let's cherish them and keep improving so we can pick up a win come week 10, and hopefully 5 straight after that.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry fans need not bullshit themselves. Are we a solid team with a chance at 3A this year? Absolutely. But RIGHT NOW, Johnson Central would put a spanking on us. Why? Because they're gonna run the ball right us and I don't feel like our front seven has progressed to the point (YET) where they could handle the big heavies of Johnson Central banging on them for four quarters. Talent wise, we have nothing to worry about. We have talented kids, they just have to get GAME experience in there and improve. LUCKILY I truly believe by week 10 they will have progressed to that point or close. We need not get big headed yet. There's a long way to go, and a lot of getting better to do. Luckily we have kids out there who have progressed a ton (don't believe me watch Somerset to Pikeville on film) in just four weeks. Promising for us, but Johnson Central is loaded right now. I'm a one game at a time kind of guy, as well. We have no idea what we're getting with Gallia because out of state football is almost always better than here, same with CAK and you know we won't get a call or any love down there as the visitors (which is our advantage with Gallia coming here)... but a game that scares me is Lawrence County. I haven't seen them on film but they're putting some points up and I think Belfry could overlook those guys. I think as of what I've seen right now Lawrence may be meeting us for a regional title.

What I'm trying to say is, stop looking at week 10. We have to improve so much from Game 5 to Game 10, so we can make a run at game 15 that we need to enjoy week-to-week how much better our kids are getting. We get 15 weeks of football out of 52 in a year, let's cherish them and keep improving so we can pick up a win come week 10, and hopefully 5 straight after that.

I am a person who is honest with himself and I will say this. Lawrence County is probably better then the last two years put together and it feels like this program is going in the right direction and I think we are getting better each week, but I don't think that Belfry will need to worry about us this year. Come October 18th if we can keep this game respectable and not get a running clock then that to me would be a huge step for this team and program. I am excited about the way this team is playing and the direction the program seems to be going, but I am also a bit of a realist but I do think the day will come soon where no team in the mountains will want to play us.
I disagree with two of my favorite posters on this forum!! I can't call the Tennessee game, but state rankings bother me a little about Belfry's opportunity for a win there. That could bring them to a 9/1 season.

BUT, Belfry will beat Johnson Central...mark my words. I know the spanking we took from Johnson Central and Do-double-gg got to see that one first hand. But what you are not considering is how much help HC contributed to their own loss. I know this HC team, and they were not on the field Friday night.

I think Belfry will go undefeated this season. Sure hope you guys bring home the state title, too!!
I am a huge Belfry fan and I love how talented some of the young guys are, but it is hard to beat JC (or win state titles) with 2 Freshmen starting on your front seven. I hope they can get it done. And by no means am I saying they shouldn't be. They are doing a good job.

Way to soon to look ahead, but count this guy as excited about Belfry next year also.
Belfry0304 Wrote:What I'm trying to say is, stop looking at week 10. We have to improve so much from Game 5 to Game 10, so we can make a run at game 15 that we need to enjoy week-to-week how much better our kids are getting. We get 15 weeks of football out of 52 in a year, let's cherish them and keep improving so we can pick up a win come week 10, and hopefully 5 straight after that.

I couldn't agree more. It is a Philip Haywood cliche', but let's just take them one at a time and try to get better every week. Take care of the little things and focus on personal responsibilities each person doing their job, and the big things will fall into place and take care of themselves.
Belfry wins out until JC. We'll call that one when we get to it.
I watched Gallia some a little last night, let's not count that as a W just yet! Not a bad football team!
Belfry0304 Wrote:I watched Gallia some a little last night, let's not count that as a W just yet! Not a bad football team!

Gallia will score on Belfry.. that's for sure. Belfry will need to protect the football. Don't see Gallia stopping Belfry offensively if the Pirates don't stop themselves.. could be a game in the range of 49-35 or 42-28.

As for Johnson Central... this series has been atypical since it was renewed. I know of two years that JC entered as a significant favorite (including last year) only for Belfry to shut down their offense and win convincingly. Conversely, there have been a couple seasons that Belfry entered as what appeared to be a solid favorite only to get whacked by the Eagles (2011 for example). In addition, home field advantage has meant next to nothing in this series. As you said, bets just to wait til Week 10 before handicapping this one.
Whats the series between BHS & JC since Matney became a Golden Eagel?

Can anybody post the scores year by year? Thanks in advance.
^^
Oh ye of little faith!!
Wink
Leonidas Wrote:Whats the series between BHS & JC since Matney became a Golden Eagel?

Can anybody post the scores year by year? Thanks in advance.
The series is 3-3 since it was renewed in 2007

2007 Belfry 28, JC 12 @ JC
2008 Belfry 21, JC 13 @ Belfry
2009 JC 35, Belfry 19 @ JC
2010 JC 42, Belfry 7 @ Belfry
2011 JC 21, Belfry 14 @JC
2012 Belfry 17, JC 12 @ Belfry
Belfry wins out and brings home a state championship trophy.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:The series is 3-3 since it was renewed in 2007

2007 Belfry 28, JC 12 @ JC
2008 Belfry 21, JC 13 @ Belfry
2009 JC 35, Belfry 19 @ JC
2010 JC 42, Belfry 7 @ Belfry
2011 JC 21, Belfry 14 @JC
2012 Belfry 17, JC 12 @ Belfry

Thanks Buc-a-roo!
The two games after Sheldon Clark are going to be a little worry. I've looked up both teams and their record does not reflect how good these teams really are. Both have played top schools in their respected states. So it could be close games along with JC at the end of the year.
We actually had 3 freshman from the 2 snap on defense. If you noticed they changed nose guard for the game. Got to say I think he did a good job stacking up the middle. They had to start trying to bounce it outside.